Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Super Bowl XLIV (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35081)

MTK 02-03-2010 02:00 PM

Re: Super Bowl XLIV

[quote=over the mountain;660085]ill be pullin for the saints even thoo im a big fan of peyton.

me and the lady were going to go down to NO, man that place would probably be the funnest place in the world sunday night (if they win). ive always wanted to be somewhere where that place was THEY place to be for that moment, hour evening.

bourbon street during and right after a saints superbowl win? forgetaboutit[/quote]

Oh man, Bourbon street will be absolutely BONKERS if they win. I really can't imagine that scene.

over the mountain 02-03-2010 02:09 PM

[quote=Redskin Jim;660109]If you decide to come to N.O. PM me, I'll give you some pointers on where the best places to go SB Sunday.
The regulars that I tailgate with here, (New Orleans), are having a SB party at a downtown Bar-Restaurant we rented out. $25 a person, 150 people max. Kegs of Abita amber, and Coors light, plenty of food, and wine included. Cash bar for liquor. Party starts at noon, and the bar is located along the Mardi Gras parade route downtown. Parade stand tickets are included in the $25, and the stands are located out front of the establishment. There are 2 parades rolling Sunday starting at noon.
If the Saints win, which I believe they will by more than a touchdown, We will all probably start our own impromptu second line parade to the French Quarter!!
[B]Geaux Saints!!!![/B][/quote]

ohhh dont tempt me man! i tried to get tickets last week but the price soared right before i hit the "purchase" button.

me and my lady are alcoholic party animals. (the good fun type, not the ugly violent i drink alone type). the thought of partying in new orleans during the superbowl is wrenching at my id as we speak.
its honestly 50-50 whether we go, i just need to get drunk and say "screw it. pack the bags hun, were goin to new orleans!".

53Fan 02-03-2010 02:25 PM

If you go to the Big Party Mountain you're going to have to tell us all about it! I've got the Colts all the way baby! Not sure completely what I'm doing but I'm sure plenty of good food will be involved. I want the Colts to win but if they don't, I'm going to live vicariously through Redskin Jim who I'm sure is going to have a HELL of a good time!!!

MTK 02-03-2010 03:12 PM

[url=http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/02/who-dat-say-the-saints-will-win-the-super-bowl-madden-nfl/1]Who dat say the Saints will win the Super Bowl? 'Madden NFL' - Game Hunters: In search of video games and interactive awesomeness - USATODAY.com[/url]

firstdown 02-03-2010 03:18 PM

[quote=over the mountain;660117]ohhh dont tempt me man! i tried to get tickets last week but the price soared right before i hit the "purchase" button.

me and my lady are alcoholic party animals. (the good fun type, not the ugly violent i drink alone type). the thought of partying in new orleans during the superbowl is wrenching at my id as we speak.
its honestly 50-50 whether we go, i just need to get drunk and say "screw it. pack the bags hun, were goin to new orleans!".[/quote]
Go ahead you big wimp pack those bags and go for it. If you don't and they win you will be kicking yourself for years.

Lotus 02-03-2010 03:50 PM

Mardi Gras climaxes next weekend. If the Saints win the city will simply shut down for 10 days and drown in a sea of liquor.

mredskins 02-03-2010 04:01 PM

[quote=Lotus;660146]Mardi Gras climaxes next weekend. If the Saints win the city will simply shut down for 10 days and [B]drown in a sea[/B] of liquor.[/quote]

Hopefully no pun intended.

diehardskin2982 02-03-2010 04:35 PM

Saints

Longtimefan 02-03-2010 04:44 PM

The magical ride comes to an end for the Saints. We had planned to go north for the weekend but the weather is not going to cooperate.

Colts - -27
Saints - 24

Redskin Jim 02-03-2010 05:07 PM

[quote=over the mountain;660117]ohhh dont tempt me man! i tried to get tickets last week but the price soared right before i hit the "purchase" button.

its honestly 50-50 whether we go, i just need to get drunk and say "screw it. pack the bags hun, were goin to new orleans!".[/quote]
LOL. I know exactly what you mean. A lot of people from here are going to Miami, many with no tickets, just to party and be in Miami for the SB. I honestly think that win or lose New Orleans is the place to watch the game. The town is already rounding into Mardi Gras, by Superbowl Sunday we will be into full swing. This place is going to be Disney Land for adults, alcoholics, and football fanatics!!!:headbange

HugeMonkFan 02-03-2010 05:21 PM

seems like most of you are like me...ill be wearing my brees jersey and rooting for them but i have a good feeling that the Colts will win. I like both teams so as long as its a good game i dont care who wins...i say Colts 30-28

o and im hosting a party which should be fun

djnemo65 02-03-2010 06:20 PM

Nice story Saints, but I have to believe the Colts will blow them out. When was the last time a team played as bad as the Saints did against Minn in a championship game and won? I'm predicting a 3 int performance from Brees and a 34-17 Colts win.

redskinjim 02-03-2010 06:40 PM

yes the vodka sounds good right now!! go drew breese

tryfuhl 02-03-2010 06:43 PM

Rooting for the Saints

Longtimefan 02-03-2010 07:32 PM

Dynamite where are you? Please come set the record straight.