Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Debating with the enemy (http://www.thewarpath.net/debating-with-the-enemy/)
-   -   pro life ad's in georgia (http://www.thewarpath.net/debating-with-the-enemy/35189-pro-life-ads-in-georgia.html)

mlmdub130 02-10-2010 10:21 AM

pro life ad's in georgia

saw this on the news this morning and i think it is wrong on so many levels. i don't understand how these were even allowed, i would be outraged if they were in my town. i don't see how anyone in their right mind could think these ad's were done tastefully, there are much better ways to go about the pro-life, pro-choice debate. i thought the commercial during the super bowl was done with a lot more class and respect than these things.

[url=http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/06/us/06abortion.html]Anti-Abortion Billboards on Race Split Opinion in Atlanta - NYTimes.com[/url]

for the record i am pro-choice

saden1 02-10-2010 11:53 AM

Re: pro life ad's in georgia

Tebow had his ad why not them? I mean, both ads convey the same message and both ads are misleading...let them have their crappy ads because ultimately people choose what's right for them not what a billboard tells them, and if they don't that's their problem.

12thMan 02-10-2010 12:12 PM

Why is it that men, who have the most to say about abortion it seems, have so much to say about what a woman should do with her own body?

dmek25 02-10-2010 12:14 PM

12th, quit trying to reason with people that cant be reasoned with. and good morning

12thMan 02-10-2010 12:52 PM

A snowy good morning (afternoon now!) to you, dmek.

Lotus 02-10-2010 01:36 PM

Among other things, those billboards trivialize the notion of "endangered species." There really are species which may soon disappear forever, and calling African-American kids an "endangered species" simply diminishes the concernt hat we should have for the truly endangered.

firstdown 02-10-2010 02:16 PM

[quote=Lotus;662209]Among other things, those billboards trivialize the notion of "endangered species." There really are species which may soon disappear forever, and calling African-American kids an "[SIZE=4]endangered species" simply diminishes the concernt hat we should have for the truly endangered[/SIZE].[/quote]

Are you for real? Your saying people will now care less about endangered animals because of this add. OK!

firstdown 02-10-2010 02:17 PM

[quote=saden1;662190]Tebow had his ad why not them? I mean, both ads convey the same message and both ads are misleading...let them have their crappy ads because ultimately people choose what's right for them not what a billboard tells them, and if they don't that's their problem.[/quote]
What's misleading about the add?

wolfeskins 02-10-2010 02:21 PM

[quote=12thMan;662195]Why is it that men, who have the most to say about abortion it seems, have so much to say about what a woman should do with her own body?[/quote]

well since it takes a male and a female to have a child, the male should have just as much right as the female when it comes to deciding wether or not to have an abortion.

firstdown 02-10-2010 02:42 PM

[quote=12thMan;662195]Why is it that men, who have the most to say about abortion it seems, have so much to say about what a woman should do with her own body?[/quote]
All the people named in that article were women so I'm not sure how that applies here. I know that's a famous line from the left but is there any point when its not ok for a women to do as she wants?

Slingin Sammy 33 02-10-2010 03:22 PM

[quote=12thMan;662195]Why is it that men, who have the most to say about abortion it seems, have so much to say about what a woman should do with her own body?[/quote]It all boils down to what one believes, is the fetus just a lump of cells, not any different than a gall bladder, liver or finger, or is it a human life at conception. Those that believe it's a human life at conception believe it's no longer just the woman's body. They believe the woman has no right to murder the unborn child any more than she would have to murder a one day old child.

And there are many, many women on the pro-life side that hold the belief of life beginning at conception.

Very complex, very emotional issue. One that I'm sure will not be resolved to one side or the other's satisfaction in our lifetimes.

saden1 02-10-2010 03:26 PM

[quote=firstdown;662220]What's misleading about the add?[/quote]

How about the notion of Tebow being a "miracle baby?" If you cut through facad you realize all the ad is saying is "don't do abortion, you might hit the jackpot like me and birth a baller." Of course, what it doesn't tell you is that the chance of your baby being a baller is statistically improbable and that there's a better chance that he might become a perennial criminal.

Slingin Sammy 33 02-10-2010 03:28 PM

[quote=saden1;662234]How about the notion of Tebow being a "miracle baby?" If you cut through facad you realize all the ad is saying is "don't do abortion, you might hit the jackpot like me and birth a baller." Of course, what it doesn't tell you is that the chance of your baby being a baller is statistically improbable and that there's a better chance that he might become a perennial criminal.[/quote]Are we talking NCAA (yes) or NFL (highly doubtful) baller? :)

saden1 02-10-2010 03:50 PM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;662235]Are we talking NCAA (yes) or NFL (highly doubtful) baller? :)[/quote]

Any NCAA player able to make it to the NFL. How hard can you be ballin' if you can't make it to the next level? I am afraid there's no such thing as second place baller.

Slingin Sammy 33 02-10-2010 03:59 PM

[quote=saden1;662239]Any NCAA player able to make it to the NFL. How hard can you be ballin' if you can't make it to the next level? I am afraid there's no such thing as second place baller.[/quote]True. One is certainly ballin' if he's gonna get paid 7 figures (I'm just hoping it isn't with a check signed by Snyder).