Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Winter Olympics Who's Watching (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35220)

ArtMonkDrillz 02-16-2010 04:43 PM

Re: Winter Olympics Who's Watching

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;663605]That sport absolutely cracks me up. When are we going to see bowling and darts in the summer games?![/quote]How about beer pong and Halo 3?

firstdown 02-16-2010 05:27 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;663637]How about beer pong and Halo 3?[/quote]

Most of the new snowboarding and sking stuff was invented after a few games of beer pong.

Hog1 02-16-2010 06:08 PM

Actually the snowboarding events were invented to give the USA a shot at winning something. After all....no way the other countries stoners can take the US stoners?

Dirtbag59 02-16-2010 06:51 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;663637]How about beer pong and Halo 3?[/quote]

Great instead of banners along the rafters we'll have trashy empty alcoholic containers.

mooby 02-16-2010 07:42 PM

I'm interested in the hockey, luge, bobsledding, and snowboard/skiiing, but mostly interested in hockey. USA is my first rooting interest but I feel like if we get knocked out in hockey I wouldn't mind seeing Russia win, or at least see Canada lose. I got into bobsledding only because of Cool Runnings though, I love that movie lol.

skinsfan_nn 02-16-2010 07:43 PM

Of course...

USA Hockey team today kicks that Switzerland ass. Skiing/Luge downhill and getting it!

GO USA!!!!!

CRedskinsRule 02-16-2010 08:02 PM

I am just thankful it's on NBC, and there are no shows I actually like being pushed aside for it. I can watch my shows, and y'all can watch the Olympics. Enjoy.

jamf 02-17-2010 01:18 AM

I can't stand NBCs coverage.

I love watching most of the sports but I just can't deal with a commercial every two minutes.

Costas and Collinsworths feel good stories make it feel like inside the NFL.

Just show the damn event uninterrupted! I don't care if there isn't commentary just show it instead of previews for the new season of crappy shows for middle aged america.

BleedBurgundy 02-17-2010 12:41 PM

Haven't watched a second, couldn't care less honestly.

GMScud 02-17-2010 01:30 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;663605]That sport absolutely cracks me up. When are we going to see bowling and darts in the summer games?![/quote]

Seriously. Full disclosure, I'm watching curling right now (for about 2 minutes), and the commentator just said "boy, she's really going for the jugular on that one." LOL!! Some fat chick just pushed a stone. Way to go for the throat. What an out and out joke of an olympic event. I mean, how does one get into curling? Are you just sitting around a frozen pond bored out of your mind with some brooms and a rock??

On a side note, I'm looking forward to seeing Shaun White and Lindsey Vonn later.

SmootSmack 02-17-2010 02:31 PM

I can't get enough curling. It's so bad it's awesome. I almost signed up for curling lessons a few years ago, but then I got a job and had to relocate

tryfuhl 02-17-2010 03:07 PM

I'll admit to watching the curling. However, the living room TV died yesterday (vizo gv42l) so there'll be quite a bit less watching going on unless we move another TV into here.

firstdown 02-18-2010 10:02 AM

Last night the mens half pipe was sick. Theses guys are getting 20 ft of air and traveling 45 to 50 feet down the pipe in the air all while doing three twist and two flips then nailing the landing.

SmootSmack 02-18-2010 10:59 AM

[url=http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4902377]Sport Science: Lindsey Vonn - ESPN Video - ESPN[/url]

saden1 02-18-2010 11:04 AM

The only sport I watch is Short Track and my boy Apolo Anton Ohno defeat the South Koreans.