Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Chester Taylor anyone? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35243)

MTK 02-16-2010 10:49 AM

Chester Taylor anyone?

[url=http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Where-will-Chester-Taylor-play-in-2010.html]Where will Chester Taylor play in 2010? | National Football Post[/url]

SmootSmack 02-16-2010 10:55 AM

Re: Chester Taylor anyone?

I like Taylor, but why add another 30 year old back?

MTK 02-16-2010 10:58 AM

Obviously he's not a long term answer but he's got a lot less mileage than your typical 30 year old back.

dmek25 02-16-2010 11:00 AM

i would assume he wants to start. lets try to stay away from anyone that's 30 years old, or older

MTK 02-16-2010 11:02 AM

In an offseason where free agents are going to be limited, only shooting for guys younger than 30 might be pretty hard to pull off.

53Fan 02-16-2010 11:02 AM

I think he could be good for us for a couple of years. It really depends on who we keep and who we draft but I do like him. I think he could be productive. He's a good pass blocker and a good receiver out of the backfield.

MTK 02-16-2010 11:10 AM

I wouldn't be against going after Taylor. Betts is probably done here coming off major knee surgery and Portis isn't a workhorse #1 anymore. At the very least Taylor would be a nice addition to compliment Portis and be the 3rd down back.

GMScud 02-16-2010 11:17 AM

[quote=Mattyk;663432]In an offseason where free agents are going to be limited, only shooting for guys younger than 30 might be pretty hard to pull off.[/quote]

Yeah agreed. You just have to find a good mix of vets and younger guys. If a player has been a starter since day 1, then 30 years old is kind a red-flag type of benchmark. But also, some of the most productive players in the league are north of 30.

diehardskin2982 02-16-2010 11:21 AM

what is the difference between him and betts? no thanks!

GMScud 02-16-2010 11:21 AM

[quote=Mattyk;663434]I wouldn't be against going after Taylor. Betts is probably done here coming off major knee surgery and Portis isn't a workhorse #1 anymore. At the very least Taylor would be a nice addition to compliment Portis and be the 3rd down back.[/quote]

Shanahan definitely likes to have a nice stable of capable running backs, and he's proven that they don't need to be big names to excel. Chester Taylor is still an very good player for the screen game. I wouldn't be opposed to him as part of a time share, but not a #1. Nowadays I think I prefer a committee approach to RB.

SolidSnake84 02-16-2010 11:22 AM

I like the combination of Taylor and Betts....doesn't anyone else?

Besides we could trade Portis potentially for a draft pick, that we would use to get some linemen.....

Ruhskins 02-16-2010 11:23 AM

[quote=Mattyk;663432]In an offseason where free agents are going to be limited, only shooting for guys younger than 30 might be pretty hard to pull off.[/quote]

Good point. People need to take a hard look at the RFAs and UFAs list for the uncapped year before they call for an all youth movement. Unfortunately, the young and talented players are going to be RFAs that would cost any team draft picks to acquire.

MTK 02-16-2010 11:24 AM

[quote=diehardskin2982;663437]what is the difference between him and betts? no thanks![/quote]

The main difference is Betts is coming off knee surgery.

wolfeskins 02-16-2010 11:24 AM

i would rather the skins draft a rb

Chico23231 02-16-2010 11:26 AM

I wouldnt care if all of RBs were let go, in that case I feel Taylor would be a nice addition as a no. 2 guy with a young horses at the 1 and 3 slot. BUT if Portis, Rock remain, I am not for adding more age to the corp of RBs.

I look at this offense and see the results the last couple years and really just shake my head. I see need EVERYWHERE. Taylor could bring a weapon. But I see the need for youth at the RB position more than anywhere on the offense. I hope Shanny can find a couple gems mid to late in the draft cause we need a youth infusion out of the backfield. I would not be surprised one bit to see 2 RBs drafted.