Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Colt Brennan vs Rookie class (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35244)

Monkeydad 02-17-2010 03:07 PM

Re: Colt Brennan vs Rookie class

[quote=redskins202;664066]I can't believe you just said that. I know Campbell lovers make excuses but your saying they didn't expect a long play????. Maybe Moss went down field because it was a route in part of a play. Collins went deep because he saw him down field and knew he had "TIME" to do so , he threw it out nice and quickly.

So how come Campbell couldn't go deep on his first plays?. with a 77% COMP rating you would think every team would expect us to do a 10 yarder but if Campbell went deep they surley wouldnt expect it. I mean........wow I'm shocked.[/quote]

Maybe you need a power drill on your skull to get this inside...can't go deep with 2/3 seconds of protection. :frusty:

WaldSkins 02-17-2010 03:08 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;664098]You don't listen to McNabb too often do you?[/quote]

Only when he says he doesn't know overtime rules and that black quarterbacks have it harder.

Monkeydad 02-17-2010 03:08 PM

I thought this was a Colt Brennan thread. :D

CRedskinsRule 02-17-2010 03:11 PM

^^^ Apparently any thread is fair game for a good JC dispute.

tryfuhl 02-17-2010 03:11 PM

[quote=Buster;664108]I thought this was a Colt Brennan thread. :D[/quote]
The thread could be about Pop-Tarts and there would still be JC discussion in it.

MTK 02-17-2010 03:13 PM

JC likes the frosted berry ones I heard

WaldSkins 02-17-2010 03:14 PM

[quote=Mattyk;664113]JC likes the frosted berry ones I heard[/quote]

Typical Campbell

CRedskinsRule 02-17-2010 03:19 PM

Candle should to stick on learning how to rad defenses bestter and not be talking up which Pop Tarts he likes. Obvusly that's why hes getting sacked so much, couldn't get his mind focusd caus hes slow

(Seriously, it's harder to write in that style!)

GTripp0012 02-17-2010 03:23 PM

[quote=Dirtbag359;664074]I'm so confused. Part of me thinks that if we find the right QB in the draft we have to take him, but if we fix the O-Line we can turn this around quickly, assuming that Kyle Shanahan can coach up Campbell. Honestly right now I'm torn.[/quote]You're essentially right on both accounts. There's only one wrong answer to this offensive puzzle, and that's taking a quarterback at No. 4, and then assuming that their development will take care of the offense while we retool the defense.

Which, admittedly, is the solution many are proposing. Drafting a QB is going to do nothing to fix the OL, as people propose. Clausen has the same ball-holding tendencies that JC does. Bradford has a shoulder that may or may not ever fully heal, and could have an injury riddled career. You have to fix the OL whether or not you draft a QB, and free agency isn't giving you much help.

A problem that no one is talking about is that we might need to use the 2011 draft to help put together the offense that we began rebuilding with a quarterback in 2010. But even though the 2011 draft is definitely happening (per the CBA)...what if we can't sign any of the players we draft because of the strike? Are we really three years away from getting this QB onto the field? If so, why the rush?

SmootSmack 02-17-2010 03:33 PM

I'm expecting us to take a QB at #4 who will lead the offense, sack the opposing quarterback, write off my honeymoon as a "team building corporate off-site," select the best movies for me to go see and have a warm Pop Tart ready for me in the morning. Anything less than that and Danny Boy will see my bus patrolling his neighborhood

CRedskinsRule 02-17-2010 03:35 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;664137]I'm expecting us to take a QB at #4 who will lead the offense, sack the opposing quarterback, write off my honeymoon as a "team building corporate off-site," select the best movies for me to go see and have a warm Pop Tart ready for me in the morning. Anything less than that and Danny Boy will see my bus patrolling his neighborhood[/quote]

:rofl: The best nonsensical summation of recent warpath threads EVER

MTK 02-17-2010 03:39 PM

Instant WP classic post by SS

tryfuhl 02-17-2010 03:48 PM

Have you heard that there's a new Laron Landry flavored Pop-Tart?

Yeah, it comes already toasted.

PHazard 02-17-2010 03:48 PM

I would make this a my tagline if i knew how. If "The Future is Now" why would we use our #4 Pick on a QB who will spend the 1st year on the bench?

tryfuhl 02-17-2010 03:49 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;664137]I'm expecting us to take a QB at #4 who will lead the offense, sack the opposing quarterback, write off my honeymoon as a "team building corporate off-site," select the best movies for me to go see and have a warm Pop Tart ready for me in the morning. Anything less than that and Danny Boy will see my bus patrolling his neighborhood[/quote]
Nominated for potential post of the year, 2010.