Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Safety Options - Sharper, Rolle (maybe) (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/35322-safety-options-sharper-rolle-maybe.html)

Ruhskins 02-23-2010 12:32 PM

Safety Options - Sharper, Rolle (maybe)

Well it appears that the Saints are not going to tag Sharper, and there are rumors of the Cardinals possibly releasing Rolle. I think either of them would be worth signing up. Sharper for the right price, and if Rolle becomes available...I wouldn't mind paying him to be our FS and move Landry SS.

[url=http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/74517]azcentral.com blogs - Kent Somers - KentSomers - Anticipating first-quarter losses[/url]

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4937036]Source: New Orleans Saints won't place franchise tag on Darren Sharper - ESPN[/url]

Oh and please save the "we need to get young" comments for the offensive line. We have a lot of youth in our defensive backs unit, and could use some veteran leadership (i.e. Sharper).

Mattyk 02-23-2010 12:34 PM

Re: Safety Options - Sharper, Rolle (maybe)

Can't believe the Saints wouldn't lock up Sharper for one more year. That non-tag surprised me.

freddyg12 02-23-2010 12:42 PM

I know Ruhskins is throwing out the idea because these players may be available, but I really am surprised in general at the no. of people on this site that seem to think safety is a position we need to address.

I like the unit we have & I think K. Moore will earn more time this year. Landry has had his problems, but still has great upside.

diehardskin2982 02-23-2010 12:45 PM

I would go with Rolle. He is younger than Sharper with more upside. I also believe Sharper is going to make a sweetheart deal to stay in New Orleans.

Another option linked to maybe going to the Skins is Donte Whittner of the Bills.

53Fan 02-23-2010 12:47 PM

[quote=freddyg12;665183]I know Ruhskins is throwing out the idea because these players may be available, but I really am surprised in general at the no. of people on this site that seem to think safety is a position we need to address.

I like the unit we have & [B]I think K. Moore will earn more time this year.[/B] Landry has had his problems, but still has great upside.[/quote]

I would love to see that. It should be interesting with new coaches this year to see who is given a chance. We tried Jeremiah Trotter at MLB instead of giving our own Antonio Pierce a shot until Gibbs and GWilliams got here.

mredskins 02-23-2010 12:50 PM

Looks like Vinny's big seventh round pick of Horton is really panning out. I think the gu ywas a flash i nthe pan be surprised if he does anything this year.

skinzfan88 02-23-2010 01:02 PM

Horton is a SS like Laron, what the team is lacking is a true FS. Keep CH and LL close to the line of scrimage is their strengths, but both can be a liability in coverage.

I wouldn't mind picking up Rolle, but not breaking the bank for him.

Dirtbag59 02-23-2010 01:10 PM

Get Kim Kardashian to play safety.

53Fan 02-23-2010 01:12 PM

[quote=Dirtbag359;665210]Get Kim Kardashian to play safety.[/quote]

I see her playing center.

Dirtbag59 02-23-2010 01:13 PM

[quote=53Fan;665213]I see her playing center.[/quote]

Why do you say that?

Longtimefan 02-23-2010 01:18 PM

If safety has been identified as a need position, Rolle would be a good addition depending on what it would take to sign him. On this team he could be a fit at his natural position and put a stop to the buzz going on in Landry's head.

Dirtbag59 02-23-2010 01:21 PM

[quote=Longtimefan;665221]If safety has been identified as a need position, Rolle would be a good addition depending on what it would take to sign him. On this team he could be a fit at his natural position and put a stop to the buzz going on in Landry's head.[/quote]

Assuming he's granted a clean release. By the way what is the deal with cutting ties with RFA? Do they go through the waiver system like the regular season or what?

CRedskinsRule 02-23-2010 01:22 PM

Thus giving a new outlook to the phrase "getting up under the center" ;)

SFREDSKIN 02-23-2010 01:22 PM

I would love to be the QB!!! Down, set, say AAHHH!!!

DIE-NASTY 02-23-2010 01:26 PM

Rolle would be ideal if he's cut.

Let's throw money at good players like this (Dansby, Peppers, Rolle) since we're going to have the uncapped year. Who care's? It's Danny's money. And I know our defense isn't the problem but these guys are good if not great players and since when is it a crime to improve your team? This would allow us to use our draft picks (which we have too few) to sure up our offense.