Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins trading out of the 4 spot? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35323)

Defensewins 02-23-2010 02:07 PM

Re: Redskins trading out of the 4 spot?

I have to agree with Shneed10, there is going to be a ton of misdirection from our FO. They would be stupid to telegraph what their real plans are. I would not give these rumors too much attention.
The only rumor I like of these listed is getting Brandon Marshall. He is legit NFL WR and would be a great #1 for us, but giving up on Laron Landry is a big mistake. With some good mentoring and time to develop he is a future Probowl player. We do not have anyone on our roster including Kareem Moore that is ready to step in.

Re: Santana Moss, I have to say the same thing about our Wr's Kelly and Thomas, while they have shown glimpse's of their potential, they are NOT ready to be counted on to be our #1 or #2 WR.

MTK 02-23-2010 02:11 PM

As a team in the top 5 it's your due diligence to explore trade options. Exploring it and pulling it off however are two completely different things.

Zerohero 02-23-2010 02:18 PM

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Campbell is the only one i don't want to see traded away. Peace Landry, Peace Moss.

NYCskinfan82 02-23-2010 02:29 PM

I hope we trade out of the #4 i don't see it happening but it would be nice to pick up more picks. If we trade LL & Moss for Brandon Marshall Denver always get the best of the deals with us.

tryfuhl 02-23-2010 02:30 PM

[quote=Redskins_P;665314]Here's a direct quote from my buddy who heard the rumor on 980. Like I said...take it for what its worth....[/quote]
man they know how to release stuff.. it's only feb and I'm like GIMME MORE INFO

some of it seems kind of impulsive though, but we'll see

I'm not exactly in a hurry just to see moves happen, but interested in what our coaches think of who is here

Dirtbag59 02-23-2010 02:31 PM

[quote=Mattyk;665342]As a team in the top 5 it's your due diligence to explore trade options. Exploring it and pulling it off however are two completely different things.[/quote]

Exactly. Nothing to see here.....yet.

tryfuhl 02-23-2010 02:40 PM

[quote=Mattyk;665342]As a team in the top 5 it's your due diligence to explore trade options. Exploring it and pulling it off however are two completely different things.[/quote]
Exactly, every year is the same rehashing of this info. No team is 100pct on keeping a top 5 pick.

SFREDSKIN 02-23-2010 04:08 PM

They should trade out of the 4th spot if possible and get more picks. They could address many holes in the OL, QB, RB, LB positions that way.

Son Of Man 02-23-2010 04:31 PM

I was listening to the show and the statement was that "Kyle Shanahan loves Colt Brennan" and that they would target a FA veteran like Chad Pennington or Jeff Garcia as an insurance policy.

CultBrennan59 02-23-2010 04:36 PM

Let's trade our first overall pick to san diego for Cromartie and Marcus McNeil and a draft pick. We'd take care of two needs and have a still young, proven LT playing to protect whomever our QB will be and we have a starting corner opposite hall.

PHazard 02-23-2010 04:38 PM

Hey i was just listening to a radio show about redskins trade possibilites. They said we are looking to trade Albert Hanyesworth to the grave for Yokozuna, former wwf heavyweight champion, they said he'd be better suited to play NT in a 3-4. Lookin to trade Santana Moss to the Justice League for a older, faster and more experienced flash gordon. We're gonna trade Clinton Portis and a GB Packer cheesehead to the olympic committee for the rights to Usain Bolt. Therefore we can continue to hold back Anthony Alridge and Not waste a 2nd round pick on Best. Although best, is still a viable option. We'll trade away London Fletcher for the incredible hulk, he's a bigger better ILB who will be able to shed blocks in a 3-4. Oh, and the lastest rumor is a BLOCKBUSTER TRADE, sending both Chris Cooley and Fred Davis to DIC Entertainment for Inspector Gadget, Penny AND Brain. This is a cant lose! Inspector Gadget can improve our offense, he can reach any ball thrown in any direction with the help of penny and brain!

In conclusion, wit sirius radio and such, ANY douche bag can get a radio show and say whatever they want.

The End
-Haz

DIE-NASTY 02-23-2010 04:38 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;665428]Let's trade our first overall pick to san diego for Cromartie and Marcus McNeil and a draft pick. We'd take care of two needs and have a still young, proven LT playing to protect whomever our QB will be and we have a starting corner opposite hall.[/quote]

we could trade rogers and get another pick. cromartie would have to get a vasectomy though. we can't have any more baby momma drama.

SmootSmack 02-23-2010 05:37 PM

[quote=Redskins_P;665310]I don't if any of you are listening to 980 AM (I can't at work) but supposedly Kevin Sheehan is reporting that he got an email from an unamed source in Redskins "management" saying the Redskins are working on a blockbuster trade that would include JC, Landry, and Moss.

Did anyone else hear this???? I'm trying to find a link or something that will give this some validity.

Anyways...take it for what its worth...Once I find something I'll post it.[/quote]

Interesting. I have a pretty good idea of who this source is that fed Sheehan that info. This source definitely has some connections, though I don't know who they are and he's no more "management" with the Redskins than Matty is with ESPN for knowing me or I am with the Capitals for knowing guys there.

But, if it is who I think it is, then yeah he's someone worth paying attention to:

That said, I do have a few comments:

-Are you sure they said Campbell [U]and[/U] a pick or player for Whitner? That seems like overkill

-It's no secret that Campbell will be shopped. As I understand it though, the hope is more of a 3rd and 3rd/4th (maybe with some conditions that could move it up?) I haven't heard about any legit blockbuster trades. Still early though

-Haven't heard anything legit about Moss being involved in a trade

-From what I've heard Landry will be traded if the deal is right, whatever that means

-Rocky is being shopped as well. I think for a 3rd ideally (they'll tender him at a 2nd I think). Word is Jarmon might replace him at OLB...unless they land Peppers I guess

-I've heard Zac Robinson mentioned a couple of times but it hasn't sounded too legit to me. I think that's someone they may bring in if he doesn't get drafted (which he may not)

-Tony Pike's also been mentioned as a possible mid-round option (2nd/3rd)if they don't take a QB early.

-Not sure where this whole Shanahan loves Brennan thing is coming from. I know that people inside Redskin Park have been really pleased with Brennan's attitude this past year and he's made a good impression on new management. But I don't know that that necessarily equates to love.

-If the draft were today between Bradford and Clausen, Bradford has the slight edge

-Of course Bradford and Clausen are not the only two choices. I think I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago but it seems that Charles Brown is really the main target. Which I think is great. Of course, last year at this time it was Brian Cushing

-I don't think they plan on drafting Brown at #4 so if they did draft him I would assume a trade down did happen.

-The Colt they allegedly really love is Colt McCoy...so get ready for the Cabal of Colt!

-Remember, it's not even March

Monkeydad 02-23-2010 05:46 PM

[quote=Son Of Man;665426]I was listening to the show and the statement was that "Kyle Shanahan loves Colt Brennan" and that they would target a FA veteran like Chad Pennington or Jeff Garcia as an insurance policy.[/quote]

If I HAD to pick one of those...Pennington. Ugh.

Paintrain 02-23-2010 05:51 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;665453]Interesting. I have a pretty good idea of who this source is that fed Sheehan that info. This source definitely has some connections, though I don't know who they are and he's no more "management" with the Redskins than Matty is with ESPN for knowing me or I am with the Capitals for knowing guys there.

But, if it is who I think it is, then yeah he's someone worth paying attention to:

That said, I do have a few comments:

-Are you sure they said Campbell [U]and[/U] a pick or player for Whitner? That seems like overkill

-It's no secret that Campbell will be shopped. As I understand it though, the hope is more of a 3rd and 3rd/4th (maybe with some conditions that could move it up?) I haven't heard about any legit blockbuster trades. Still early though

-Haven't heard anything legit about Moss being involved in a trade

-From what I've heard Landry will be traded if the deal is right, whatever that means

-Rocky is being shopped as well. I think for a 3rd ideally (they'll tender him at a 2nd I think). Word is Jarmon might replace him at OLB...unless they land Peppers I guess

-I've heard Zac Robinson mentioned a couple of times but it hasn't sounded too legit to me. I think that's someone they may bring in if he doesn't get drafted (which he may not)

-Tony Pike's also been mentioned as a possible mid-round option (2nd/3rd)if they don't take a QB early.

-Not sure where this whole Shanahan loves Brennan thing is coming from. I know that people inside Redskin Park have been really pleased with Brennan's attitude this past year and he's made a good impression on new management. But I don't know that that necessarily equates to love.

-If the draft were today between Bradford and Clausen, Bradford has the slight edge

-Of course Bradford and Clausen are not the only two choices. I think I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago but it seems that Charles Brown is really the main target. Which I think is great. Of course, last year at this time it was Brian Cushing

-I don't think they plan on drafting Brown at #4 so if they did draft him I would assume a trade down did happen.

-The Colt they allegedly really love is Colt McCoy...so get ready for the Cabal of Colt!

-Remember, it's not even March[/quote]
With the uncapped year, the possibility exists of seeing player for player deals like we hadn't seen before. Since the contracts were always a bit of an obstacle to getting deals done it's going to be interesting to see if teams are more aggressive/creative in acquiring players in different ways than signing free agents.