Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Kornheiser suspended for "slutty" remarks (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35325)

over the mountain 02-24-2010 11:12 AM

Re: Kornheiser suspended for "slutty" remarks

[quote=Skinny Tee;665440]Last week I was listening to him on my way to work, around 9:30-10am and he said something about Gilbert Arenas and his fall from grace with the Wizards. He said something to effect of "Eventually, Gilbert wanted his jersey hung at Verizon Center, but now people want to hang him from the rafters."

He didn't use it in the context that it suggests but I thought he may face some scrutiny for phrasing it like that even though it was an off the cuff remark.

So when I saw "susupended" I thought it was for that remark. It seems to me that Tony tries too hard to maintain his quirky personality and it is no longer candid. I'm a fan of anyone from the DC area though so I can't say that I hate the guy...he just seems irrelevant to me.[/quote]

i heard that "hang em from the rafters" comment too and was like "daaaammmmnnnn" but i realized the context he said it in and dont think he meant a reference to the slave era.

listening to him this morning he said, "and coming up we'll have our sports segment of the show". really, you have to have a sports segment on your radio show which is broadcasted over espn radio?

im guessing the radio producer put this in just to force him talk alil bit of sports on his show otherwise its all about what movie he saw (5 mins today was about hurt locker until i changed the station).

Monkeydad 02-24-2010 11:28 AM

[YT]pbJVcVXOvcw[/YT]

:rolleyes:

CRedskinsRule 02-24-2010 11:41 AM

"Wanna lick" :rofl:

redsk1 02-24-2010 12:03 PM

Much too politically correct. He's basically does an entertainment show. It's entertainment much like stand up.

I guess it's ESPN's right to do it though.

Daseal 02-28-2010 05:30 PM

I don't understand the suspension. Funny or not, who the fuck cares what he says about her? When it comes down to it, you can scan the dial and find any number of DJs saying much worse things about celebrities and co-workers. I'm not sure why this one warrants a two week suspension. Personally, I like Kornheiser in print and on PTI. I don't care for his radio show and I didn't hate him as much on MNF, but I didn't like him that much either.

Daseal 02-28-2010 05:31 PM

Holy shit what a goal!

Edit: This isn't the Olympics thread!

Dirtbag59 02-28-2010 06:58 PM

[quote=Buster;665682][YT]pbJVcVXOvcw[/YT]

:rolleyes:[/quote]

I don't know what it is, but thanks to our food, medical technology, health awareness, or even advanced genetics we now have 47 year old women that look about 10 to 12 years younger then they really are. Pretty soon we'll probably see more football players playing into their 40's.

Monkeydad 03-01-2010 09:03 AM

[quote=Dirtbag359;667329]I don't know what it is, but thanks to our food, medical technology, health awareness, or even advanced genetics we now have 47 year old women that look about 10 to 12 years younger then they really are. Pretty soon we'll probably see more football players playing into their 40's.[/quote]
Not running backs. :D

tryfuhl 03-03-2010 02:16 AM

[quote=Dirtbag359;667329]I don't know what it is, but thanks to our food, medical technology, health awareness, or even advanced genetics we now have 47 year old women that look about 10 to 12 years younger then they really are. Pretty soon we'll probably see more football players playing into their 40's.[/quote]

You'd be surprised how many people that aren't professional athletes have a much better lifestyle than those that do compete.