Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   how can we help each other? The Warpath Community Center (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35328)

MTK 02-24-2010 01:34 PM

Re: how can we help each other? The Warpath Community Center

[QUOTE="mredskins"]

I meant more in the terms that we actually see that you are pretty awesome at vbulletin and starting a web site. It was a bad attempt at humor.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know I'm awesome, I'm the ego remember? lol

mredskins 02-24-2010 01:38 PM

[quote=Mattyk;665771]Oh I know I'm awesome, I'm the ego remember? lol[/quote]

Exactly.

tryfuhl 02-24-2010 01:38 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;665617]This is like the sober version of Angry's Pay It Forward idea I take it.

When it comes time to buy a home, I'll be asking a lot of questions to many of you here[/quote]

haha, did that ever get underway?

we do it on bikeforums.net

tryfuhl 02-24-2010 01:42 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;665725]

I currently work for a large marketing company where I basically prep data files for direct mail. I work on one of our biggest accounts where I make big blue coupons that one may use on a Saturday, if you have enough time.[/quote]
I worked at the place that takes those big blue coupons for 3 years, hooked numerous people up with cutlery, cookware, etc. Probably will re-apply since nothing good else is coming through in the job market that I'm looking for.

tryfuhl 02-24-2010 01:43 PM

[quote=Mattyk;665738]MBA here, 8 years exp in the insurance industry ranging from no fault, disability, and workers comp. Also have some decent knowledge when it comes to vbulletin and getting a website off the ground.[/quote]
That you do. Forgot to add that specialty to mine, but I hadn't actually put my "profile" together, so thanks for the reminder.

tryfuhl 02-24-2010 01:44 PM

[quote=Mattyk;665766]I didn't realize anything was cool when it comes to having an MBA, working in insurance, or running a site. I yawned just typing that lol

But if you say so. ;)[/quote]

Whaaa? Forum admins get all the chicks man. Heard you fly in the WP ladies
every few weeks ;)

MTK 02-24-2010 01:44 PM

I worked at McDonalds when I was a kid, so if u want to know what goes on in the kitchen there... Nah trust me u don't wanna know.

MTK 02-24-2010 01:46 PM

[QUOTE="tryfuhl"]

Whaaa? Forum admins get all the chicks man. Heard you fly in the WP ladies
every few weeks ;)[/QUOTE]

Tiger ain't got shit on me

tryfuhl 02-24-2010 01:52 PM

Back to therapy for you.

tryfuhl 02-24-2010 02:01 PM

Education
heh.. some college

Work Experience
Industry: Retail, Computer Hardware/Software, Web Admin, Fitness and Nutrition
Specialties: retail management, desktop support, malware removal, web forums and other script support/install/customization, search engine optimization, workout supplements, goal based fitness programs, nutrition, body recovery, alcohol/liquor (not so much wine, but a bit)

How I can help
- Finding good deals on products, how to save money when doing blah blah
- Advising/constructing lifestyle plans towards fitness goals
- If there's a liquor or workout supplement (mostly ingredients than every label) I've probably tried it and have an opinion on it
- Cutlery, Cookware, Kitchen Gadgets, even linens I have substantial knowledge of as far as what most people will need, specific product experience, etc
- Help starting/running websites, especially forum software (mostly vbulletin but also phpbb, mybb, smf, etc), some major Content Management System softwares, search engine optimization and organic traffic generation

More
Will add later as I think of things

firstdown 02-24-2010 02:51 PM

[quote=tryfuhl;665794]Education
heh.. some college

Work Experience
Industry: Retail, Computer Hardware/Software, Web Admin, Fitness and Nutrition
Specialties: retail management, desktop support, malware removal, web forums and other script support/install/customization, search engine optimization, workout supplements, goal based fitness programs, nutrition, body recovery, alcohol/liquor (not so much wine, but a bit)

How I can help
- Finding good deals on products, how to save money when doing blah blah
- Advising/constructing lifestyle plans towards fitness goals
- If there's a liquor or workout supplement (mostly ingredients than every label) I've probably tried it and have an opinion on it
- Cutlery, Cookware, [SIZE=4]Kitchen Gadgets[/SIZE], even linens I have substantial knowledge of as far as what most people will need, specific product experience, etc
- Help starting/running websites, especially forum software (mostly vbulletin but also phpbb, mybb, smf, etc), some major Content Management System softwares, search engine optimization and organic traffic generation

More
Will add later as I think of things[/quote]

I'm looking for one of those french fry cutters like they have at George & Steve's Steak House.

Trample the Elderly 02-24-2010 03:11 PM

I do drafting too.

Hog1 02-24-2010 03:33 PM

[quote=firstdown;665660]I'm a Spelling and Grammar teacher for public schools. My special interest are in helping people not willing to help themself.[/quote]
I laughed..........out loud at that! NICE

BDBohnzie 02-24-2010 03:47 PM

I have my BA in History with a Minor in Political Science because my aspirations of being a Team Doctor for the Redskins died during my freshman year of college. Computer Science at Salisbury was a Math concentration until my final semester, so I missed out on that. So I used history as a means to a degree and to get out of school.

I currently work as a Web Manager and Systems Administrator for a Professional Services Firm. My main duties are the build and maintenance of my company's web presence (Internet, Intranet, Sharepoint) as well as secondary point of contact for all IT related issues for the company and several of our clients (Desktop/Blackberry Support, Hardware, Software, Active Directory/Exchange, Network).

I'm a HTML/CSS/JavaScript guru, having built and maintained various websites for the last 12 years. I hate Flash with a passion, but I'm finally starting to learn it because my company has decided to let me add Flash to the website. I'm fairly handy with Photoshop and Illustrator, but not to the point where I can create masterpieces. So any of those related issues, I can help with.

I'm a slow pitch softball whore, having played as many as 5 nights a week in the past. My name's probably on 6 or 7 different rosters at any given time, and have a working knowledge of the bat and glove technologies that exist. Although with 2 daughers under the age of 3, my softball playing time has been cut dramatically, which will transition into coaching when they are old enough to play ball on their own.

Slingin Sammy 33 02-24-2010 04:01 PM

Work for a large Network/Telecom VAR. Run a territory for them in Hampton Roads. We do larger corp & gov't work. If anyone needs a Cisco Gold partner or Nortel (now Avaya) partner we've got a good footprint on the East Coast.

Outside of that, I can hook you up with a pretty good pizza or sub at my place in VB. I can help with some small business questions, if needed.

[URL="http://www.pembrokepizza.com"]www.pembrokepizza.com[/URL]

Also, ex-USAF.