Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35374)

skinsfaninok 02-25-2010 09:09 PM

Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Maybe this is why we may trade down from number 4... Get Clausen around 7 or 8. This is why I really want Sam Bradford.. He's got such a good upside that he may go number 1, and he didn't even play last season!!
[B]

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/25/schefter-theres-no-way-the-rams-wont-pick-sam-bradford-at-no-1/]Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1 | ProFootballTalk.com[/url]
[/B]

Dirtbag59 02-25-2010 09:25 PM

Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Uhhh don't they like, know about his shoulder. It's only been discussed like, I don't know, like uh 10,000 times.

Watch more people in our fan base suddenly lobbying for us to draft Bradford. People love what they can't have.

Personally though I don't blame the Rams at all. I mean they already have two first round D-Lineman and two first round O-Lineman (4 out of their last 5 first round picks). It's one thing to build from the lines out but at some point it becomes overkill. Bradford to the Rams makes a ton of sense. Of course that leaves us free to get Jimmy or Okung. Life is still good.

Pocket$ $traight 02-25-2010 09:31 PM

Schefter tends to be pretty accurate. I would love to see Suh fall
It won't happen though. Let's take Davis at 1 and then best available at 2.

skinsfaninok 02-25-2010 09:32 PM

His shoulder is apparently "Ready to go" And he is by far the best QB in this years draft. Clausen is pretty good but Bradford would have been number 1 last year

The Goat 02-25-2010 09:34 PM

From the Rams standpoint Bradford probably makes sense.

GTripp0012 02-25-2010 09:37 PM

I think Suh is going to be there at No. 4. And I think we probably won't take him.

Unless Suh was so awesome that he could play LT and DT. Then I think we'd pay him the combination of two starters salaries.

skinsfaninok 02-25-2010 09:37 PM

[quote=The Goat;666393]From the Rams standpoint Bradford probably makes sense.[/quote]

Exactly, they have nothing.. He would become their face of the franchise.. And why would some of you want to draft SuH? Yea he's amazing but obviously our 2 biggest needs are OT, and QB.

Ruhskins 02-25-2010 09:38 PM

[quote=The Goat;666393]From the Rams standpoint Bradford probably makes sense.[/quote]

Agreed. They are in desperate need for a QB and for them this would make sense for them.

St. Louis has a very young offensive line, they spent some money on Jason Brown (center) and took Jason Smith in the first round last season. The oldest player in the line has been in the league for 6 years. Although they were in the top ten in giving up sacks (still better than Washington), that young line helped Steven Jackson finish second in rushing yards.

With a year under their belt, this offensive line could give Bradford the protection that he needs to be successful. The strong running game of Steven Jackson will also help, and it would be smart for St. Louis to pick up a couple of wideouts from free agency and later in the draft.

GTripp0012 02-25-2010 09:39 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;666395]Exactly, they have nothing.. He would become their face of the franchise.. And why would some of you want to draft Sue? Yea he's amazing but obviously our 2 biggest needs are OT, and QB.[/quote]Well, no, it's because they already have a line in place to protect him. What the Rams don't have is anyone he can throw to.

He'd probably struggle mightily there in his first year, but there's not a whole lot the Rams can do to avoid a losing 2010 anyway. With Washington, he'd struggle mightily AND he would get his ass kicked.

He'd certainly become the face of the Rams though.

Trample the Elderly 02-25-2010 09:41 PM

Honestly, what does Schefter know? When you get right down to it, he knows just about as much as you or I do. My tea leaves say no one knows. After the first two picks everything goes out the window.

skinsfaninok 02-25-2010 09:43 PM

So if we are going to trade Campbell, what are we going to do for a QB now that our guy may go number 1? Is there a possibility that STL is bating us to trade up?

Pocket$ $traight 02-25-2010 09:49 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;666401]So if we are going to trade Campbell, what are we going to do for a QB now that our guy may go number 1? Is there a possibility that STL is bating us to trade up?[/quote]

Who says we are trading Campbell? We couldn't get a second for him last year and that was before he was a human pinata for 16 games in 09.

Trading him for a 3rd or lower would be pretty dumb.

SmootSmack 02-25-2010 09:50 PM

Schefter and others around here have been saying for a few days now they thought the Rams would take Bradford with their 1st pick...but he had given the impression that their 1st pick wouldn't be the #1 overall pick. Seems like he's saying first overall pick

Ruhskins 02-25-2010 09:54 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;666398]Well, no, [B]it's because they already have a line in place to protect him.[/B] What the Rams don't have is anyone he can throw to.

He'd probably struggle mightily there in his first year, but there's not a whole lot the Rams can do to avoid a losing 2010 anyway. With Washington, he'd struggle mightily AND he would get his ass kicked.

He'd certainly become the face of the Rams though.[/quote]

Damn Tripp, you read my mind.

I wonder in what shape we had been if we had signed Jason Brown last offseason and drafted Michael Oher (if memory serves me right, there was some interest in Brown's part to come to Washington).

GTripp0012 02-25-2010 09:59 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;666408]Damn Tripp, you read my mind.

I wonder in what shape we had been if we had signed Jason Brown last offseason and drafted Michael Oher (if memory serves me right, there was some interest in Brown's part to come to Washington).[/quote]We wouldn't have Orakpo, but the offense would have been productive this year.

At least to the extent of the quality of the receivers.

Pocket$ $traight 02-25-2010 10:02 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;666394]I think Suh is going to be there at No. 4. And I think we probably won't take him.

Unless Suh was so awesome that he could play LT and DT. Then I think we'd pay him the combination of two starters salaries.[/quote]

If Suh truly is the most dominant player in the draft, I think you take him. You can never have too many pass rushers.

Dirtbag59 02-25-2010 10:04 PM

[quote=Pocket$ $traight;666418]If Suh truly is the most dominant player in the draft, I think you take him. You can never have too many pass rushers.[/quote]

Except when you have no one to throw the ball.

Ruhskins 02-25-2010 10:06 PM

[quote=Pocket$ $traight;666418]If Suh truly is the most dominant player in the draft, I think you take him. You can never have too many pass rushers.[/quote]

But on a 3-4, where would Suh fit? As a DE? Do was have a d-line of Haynesworth at DE, maybe Montgomery (or Justin Banan from Baltimore) at NT, and Suh at DE?

Ruhskins 02-25-2010 10:07 PM

[quote=Dirtbag359;666420]Except when you have no one to throw the ball.[/quote]

Or if no one can throw the ball because they are flat on their asses due to the pudding of an offensive line.

Pocket$ $traight 02-25-2010 10:11 PM

[quote=Dirtbag359;666420]Except when you have no one to throw the ball.[/quote]

I have no problem with Campbell starting, less comfortable if Brennan starts, but I would have a big problem with starting any College QB. There will also be some Free Agent QB's out there (although most sites say Campbell is the best FA QB) and mid to later round guys that could be drafted.

I am not convinced that QB is a huge priority at this moment.

CultBrennan59 02-25-2010 10:14 PM

And I can truly say with confidence that between now and April 22nd, So many draft analysts will predict this guy definitely going here and that guy definitely not going there. Sam Bradford hasn't even had his pro day people/schefter. He could go out there and throw wobbly balls or not be able to make all the throws, or his shoulder may wear down in workouts, whatever, I don't know, what I'm saying is anything can happen, plus theres also a guy named Jimmy Clausen who could do way better than Bradford, and have the Rams going hey lets take him, also maybe the rams want people to think that their going to take Bradford at number 1, and get teams like us or the seahawks, browns, or bills going "Hey lets swap picks with them before its too late."

By the way, if we were to get Bradford, have any of you thought that maybe thats a good thing from a different standpoint, the fact that he's part native american, and us being the Redskins, who go to court with Native Americans over the team name, wouldn't getting Bradford be like a resistance from us going to court away from the Native Americans for a while? Just a thought.

Ruhskins 02-25-2010 10:15 PM

[quote=Pocket$ $traight;666427]I have no problem with Campbell starting, less comfortable if Brennan starts, but I would have a big problem with starting any College QB. There will also be some Free Agent QB's out there (although most sites say Campbell is the best FA QB) and mid to later round guys that could be drafted.

[B]I am not convinced that QB is a huge priority at this moment.[/B][/quote]

BLASPHEMY!!! :FIREdevil

In reality, I don't see Suh falling past Tampa Bay though. Although, I wonder if any team would be willing to trade up to pick up Suh?

Dirtbag59 02-25-2010 10:19 PM

[quote=Pocket$ $traight;666427]I have no problem with Campbell starting, less comfortable if Brennan starts, but I would have a big problem with starting any College QB. There will also be some Free Agent QB's out there (although most sites say Campbell is the best FA QB) and mid to later round guys that could be drafted.

I am not convinced that QB is a huge priority at this moment.[/quote]

Yeah but in this case you're look at the situation as a Redskin fan. In terms of the Rams they've spent the last 4 out of 5 first round picks on lineman. Which is only slightly less worse then drafting recievers 3 years in a row, alright maybe not nearly as bad but it's still overkill. And when you don't have a QB your team can only go so far.

If they get Suh they'll just be a less expensive version of us in terms of their record. I want options at the #4 pick but I can't fault the Rams for taking him if they do.

Of course lets not forget the Rams were looking to possibly trade back with the Bucs so I guess Smootsmack is on to something here about elaborating on the possibility that Bradford will be their first pick, not first overall.

WaldSkins 02-25-2010 10:25 PM

I just want offensive help with our first pick.

diehardskin2982 02-25-2010 10:48 PM

If the Rams take Bradford they would be like the the portland trailblazers pasing on Jordan for Sam Bowie. Then later pasing on Kevin Durant for Greg Oden. Suh is the closest player to Rev. White. This must be a smoke screen!

tryfuhl 02-25-2010 10:52 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;666400]Honestly, what does Schefter know? When you get right down to it, he knows just about as much as you or I do. My tea leaves say no one knows. After the first two picks everything goes out the window.[/quote]
Yeah my sources are just as good as his.

Dirtbag59 02-25-2010 10:53 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;666423]Or if no one can throw the ball because they are flat on their asses due to the pudding of an offensive line.[/quote]

The Rams, we're talking about the Rams. The team with two first round OT's. I mean I want us to take Bradford but right now we're talking about The Rams taking Bradford and why it makes sense.

Ruhskins 02-25-2010 10:53 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;666429]And I can truly say with confidence that between now and April 22nd, So many draft analysts will predict this guy definitely going here and that guy definitely not going there. Sam Bradford hasn't even had his pro day people/schefter. He could go out there and throw wobbly balls or not be able to make all the throws, or his shoulder may wear down in workouts, whatever, I don't know, what I'm saying is anything can happen, plus theres also a guy named Jimmy Clausen who could do way better than Bradford, and have the Rams going hey lets take him, also maybe the rams want people to think that their going to take Bradford at number 1, and get teams like us or the seahawks, browns, or bills going "Hey lets swap picks with them before its too late."
[B]
By the way, if we were to get Bradford, have any of you thought that maybe thats a good thing from a different standpoint, the fact that he's part native american, and us being the Redskins, who go to court with Native Americans over the team name, wouldn't getting Bradford be like a resistance from us going to court away from the Native Americans for a while? Just a thought.[/B][/quote]

[IMG]http://colas.nahaboo.net/pub/Blog/Google_is_not_only_not_evil_it_is_also_human/facepalm.jpg[/IMG]

Ruhskins 02-25-2010 10:54 PM

[quote=Dirtbag359;666444]The Rams, we're talking about the Rams. The team with two first round OT's. I mean I want us to take Bradford but right now we're talking about The Rams taking Bradford and why it makes sense.[/quote]

My bad, yeah they should take Bradford, makes sense for them.

GTripp0012 02-25-2010 11:04 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;666446]My bad, yeah they should take Bradford, makes sense for them.[/quote]Unlike us though, they figure to be picking in the top five or six next year, so their big question should be whether or not Bradford is the best quarterback in the next two drafts. And the answer, at least in terms of underclassmen, is probably yes. I'm guessing Locker isn't going to post a 67% completion season out of nowhere.

With that said, I'm not confident that he's actually a better pick for the Rams than is Jimmy Clausen. But without a doubt, the Rams should trade down if it's at all possible (it's not).

Dirtbag59 02-25-2010 11:08 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;666446]My bad, yeah they should take Bradford, makes sense for them.[/quote]

Dun worry it's k

skinsfaninok 02-25-2010 11:11 PM

[quote=diehardskin2982;666440]If the Rams take Bradford they would be like the the portland trailblazers pasing on Jordan for Sam Bowie. Then later pasing on Kevin Durant for Greg Oden. Suh is the closest player to Rev. White. This must be a smoke screen![/quote]

You can't say that, Bradford is considered the best QB in the draft and has been for 2 years now.. Suh is a beast but who says he is going to be worth the number 1 pick? I remember when ppl thought Dan Wilkinson was worth the pick...

GTripp0012 02-25-2010 11:15 PM

[quote=Pocket$ $traight;666418]If Suh truly is the most dominant player in the draft, I think you take him. You can never have too many pass rushers.[/quote]I don't think he's more dominant than, say, Haloti Ngata was, and Ngata made it out of the top ten.

I think Suh might be the best player in the draft, but I wouldn't say I see him as the type of player teams will regret drafting for the next ten years. I think he's just going to develop into a pro bowl defensive tackle by 2013.

skinsfaninok 02-25-2010 11:18 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;666458]I don't think he's more dominant than, say, Haloti Ngata was, and Ngata made it out of the top ten.

I think Suh might be the best player in the draft, but I wouldn't say I see him as the type of player teams will regret drafting for the next ten years. I think he's just going to develop into a pro bowl defensive tackle by 2013.[/quote]

Lets be realistic, when your starting a franchise, what should you draft? QB OR DT? Let me think.... O yea QB. Hell we have the best DT in the league and you saw what it got us (4-12). Point is everything starts with a QB, yes even Oline. If you don't have a QB (Vikings before Favre), you won't be real successful.

Ruhskins 02-25-2010 11:25 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;666461]Lets be realistic, when your starting a franchise, what should you draft? QB OR DT? Let me think.... O yea QB. Hell we have the best DT in the league and you saw what it got us (4-12). Point is everything starts with a QB, yes even Oline. If you don't have a QB (Vikings before Favre), you won't be real successful.[/quote]

I don't think Tripp was saying that we should draft Suh, merely stating that he is not as dominant as someone made him out to be.

And your Vikings example is horrible. Minny had everything (elite defense, very good offensive line, good running game, and decent receivers), EXCEPT a QB to be successful. While Favre was the icing on the cake, one of the reasons they were successful, was because that offensive line kept Favre upright.

We are far from being just a QB away from being successful.

diehardskin2982 02-25-2010 11:30 PM

I disagree with you Inok because a team has a higher likelihood to hit than miss with a Dend like Suh. It's like when the Texans took Mario...time has proven that they made the right decision. As good as Bradford could be, he still would have no one if drafted by the Rams up front good enough to protect him; therefore he is likely to run the risk of reinjuring the shoulder.

skinsfaninok 02-25-2010 11:32 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;666465]I don't think Tripp was saying that we should draft Suh, merely stating that he is not as dominant as someone made him out to be.

And your Vikings example is horrible. Minny had everything (elite defense, very good offensive line, good running game, and decent receivers), EXCEPT a QB to be successful. While Favre was the icing on the cake, one of the reasons they were successful, was because that offensive line kept Favre upright.

We are far from being just a QB away from being successful.[/quote]

I agree about us, but we need a QB anyway.. As far as Minny, I'll go with Dallas as another example. Before Romo where were they? Avg or below avg. Same goes with New Orleans before Brees.

skinsfaninok 02-25-2010 11:33 PM

[quote=diehardskin2982;666468]I disagree with you Inok because a team has a higher likelihood to hit than miss with a Dend like Suh. It's like when the Texans took Mario...time has proven that they made the right decision. As good as Bradford could be, he still would have no one if drafted by the Rams up front good enough to protect him; therefore he is likely to run the risk of reinjuring the shoulder.[/quote]

I can't argue about Suh he is amazing, but Bradford could become an elite QB within 2-3 years. Like Brees did in SD

DIE-NASTY 02-25-2010 11:35 PM

Schefter and his crew of analysts are speculators. they're paid by espn to speculate. Essentially that's what passes for news these days. They need daily updates and the bigger the better. Why not? Bradford is going 1st overall!

diehardskin2982 02-25-2010 11:39 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;666458]I don't think he's more dominant than, say, Haloti Ngata was, and Ngata made it out of the top ten.

I think Suh might be the best player in the draft, but I wouldn't say I see him as the type of player teams will regret drafting for the next ten years. I think he's just going to develop into a pro bowl defensive tackle by 2013.[/quote]

Suh, I believe is way more talented than Ngata. Suh is equally talented as a pass rushing end as well as run stopper. the guy will be an instant force for which ever team he plays for. Can you imagine how much better Chris Long would be with Suh on the other side in a spags defense... Pretty scary