Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   2010 free agents still available (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/35521-2010-free-agents-still-available.html)

bigdaddy2348 03-06-2010 08:40 AM

2010 free agents still available

[SIZE=3]Here are a few Free Agents that are still out there. Who should we look at? Which UFA do you think should be on the list? I left out RFA's (we cant afford to lose draft picks) and also people I thought were scrubs.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]OG [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Bobbie Williams [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]UFA [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]10 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]6-4/345 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Arkansas [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Cincinnati[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]OG [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Stephen Neal [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]UFA [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]8 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]6-4/305 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Cal State- Bakersfield [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]New England[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]OLB [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Keith Bulluck [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]UFA [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]10 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]6-3/232 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Syracuse [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Tennessee[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]OLB [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Scott Fujita [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]UFA [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]9 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]6-5/250 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]California [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]New Orleans[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]OLB [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Pisa Tinoisamoa [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]UFA [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]7 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]6-1/240 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Hawaii [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Chicago[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]DE [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Aaron Kampman [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]UFA [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]8 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]6-4/260 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Iowa [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Green Bay[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]DE [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Adewale Ogunleye [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]UFA [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]9 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]6-4/260 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Indiana [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Chicago[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]DE [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Jarvis Green [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]UFA [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]8 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]6-3/290 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]LSU [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]New England[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]S [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Jermaine Phillips [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]UFA [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]8 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]6-1/214 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Georgia [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Tampa Bay[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]S [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Darren Sharper [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]UFA [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]13 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]6-2/210 W[/FONT][FONT=Calibri]illiam & Mary [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]New Orleans[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]S [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Will Allen [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]UFA [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]6 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]6-1/200 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Ohio State [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Tampa Bay[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Calibri][/FONT]

Frost 03-06-2010 09:11 AM

re: 2010 free agents still available

I would pick Scott Fujita, just the name alone should get him signed here lol. not much talent left in f/a kinda sucks because there are a few spots I wish we could have filled but i guess they have a "plan".

81forHOF 03-06-2010 09:49 AM

Isn't Roethlisberger still on the broad?

Skinny Tee 03-06-2010 10:06 AM

[quote=81forHOF;670397]Isn't Roethlisberger still on the broad?[/quote]

AhhhOOoo! (Rimshot)

Nice one. Much better than the one I was going to post....well done : )

KI Skins Fan 03-06-2010 11:20 AM

We should try to sign Darren Sharper to play FS. The coaches say they want more turnovers and Sharper is a ball-hawk. Then we could trade Landry for a draft pick.

Neal re-signed with the Pats. Hopefully, we'll land Pashos to play RT and Foote to play ILB. Most of the players on your list are not good fits here IMO.

Redskin Warrior 03-06-2010 11:23 AM

I'm suprised that Aaron Kampman has not been picked up yet he has experience in the 3-4 scheme.

Mattyk 03-06-2010 11:30 AM

I think we need a list that digs a little deeper into the secondary market, that's looking like our target area.

bigdaddy2348 03-06-2010 11:53 AM

Re: 2010 free agents still available

[quote=Mattyk;670420]I think we need a list that digs a little deeper into the secondary market, that's looking like our target area.[/quote]

Put a list together and post it Mattyk. I would let to see what you think. I think the Skins missed the boat on filling some needs like Antrel Rolle and Dunta Robinson. We also missed out on Chad Clifton also. I guess we are going young and will focus on the draft and undrafted free agents.

Lotus 03-06-2010 12:43 PM

[quote=bigdaddy2348;670423]Put a list together and post it Mattyk. I would let to see what you think. I think the Skins missed the boat on filling some needs like Antrel Rolle and Dunta Robinson. [B]We also missed out on Chad Clifton also.[/B] I guess we are going young and will focus on the draft and undrafted free agents.[/quote]

Chad Clifton would have been helpful to us. But I am not sure that he is worth the $7m a year that he signed for.

SirClintonPortis 03-06-2010 12:58 PM

I think Clifton just used us as a bargaining tool.
[url=http://walterfootball.com/freeagents.php]WalterFootball.com: 2010 NFL Free Agents[/url]
[url=http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35718728/ns/sports-nfl/]Rosenthal: The Top 50 NFL free agents for 2010 - NFL- nbcsports.msnbc.com[/url]

takethecake 03-06-2010 02:43 PM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;670416]We should try to sign Darren Sharper to play FS. The coaches say they want more turnovers and Sharper is a ball-hawk. Then we could trade Landry for a draft pick.
IMO.[/quote]

I'd rather keep landry and develop him - I think his drawbacks are coachable, so I'd like to see what this coaching staff can get out of him. Plus Sharper's gettin up there, how many years do you really think we could get out of him?

I don't think we missed the boat on anybody - Chad Clifton would have been overpaid, and we can get a tackle of equal or greater talent in the first or second round of the draft, one that'll also be younger. Dunta has a few question marks, and we really don't need him with Hall and Rogers. If rogers goes, we get a draft pick which I guess we could use on a corner. Pashos and Foote are the two guys on my wish list, but only for reasonable salaries. I think so far the Skins are doing a good job this offseason.

Mattyk 03-06-2010 02:46 PM

[quote=Redskin Warrior;670418]I'm suprised that Aaron Kampman has not been picked up yet he has experience in the 3-4 scheme.[/quote]

Yeah but he was pretty much a disaster in it and I think he wants to go back to a 4-3

tryfuhl 03-06-2010 02:55 PM

[quote=Mattyk;670460]Yeah but he was pretty much a disaster in it and I think he wants to go back to a 4-3[/quote]

Yeah I think that's the consensus on that one. Also Clifton yes would've been overpaid at 7 a year, but you can argue that Rabach will be at 4 as well.

GTripp0012 03-06-2010 03:12 PM

Sorry guys, I'm putting in a few minutes to finish up my free agency spreadsheet tonight, and I'll email it to Matty so he can put it up by Monday. Wanted to get it out before Wednesday night, but considering that there's two term papers due last week that I still haven't done yet, it's safe to say I've been pretty booked.

I have to just add all the cuts to the list, and place who signed where.

tryfuhl 03-06-2010 03:15 PM

thanks for the effort Tripp