Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Portis cleared to participate in offseason workouts, Rogers will be there as well (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/35633-portis-cleared-participate-offseason-workouts-rogers.html)

tryfuhl 03-11-2010 08:08 PM

Portis cleared to participate in offseason workouts, Rogers will be there as well

[url=http://blogs.nfl.com/category/jason-la-canfora/]NFL.com Blogs Jason La Canfora [/url]

[url=http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora]Jason La Canfora (JasonLaCanfora) on Twitter[/url]

Rogers flew in to talk to Shanahan, feels better about the situation

An article about some things that Shanahan spoke on at a Redskins annual charity dinner including those bits and whatnot

[url=http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/redskinsjournal/2010/03/11/shanahan-talks-portis-rogers-free-agency-offseason-workouts/]Shanahan talks Portis, Rogers, free agency, offseason workouts - Redskins Journal[/url]

CRedskinsRule 03-11-2010 08:14 PM

Re: Portis cleared to participate in offseason workouts, Rogers will be there as well

Shanahan's interview was outstanding. Loved the quote:
[QUOTE]I think you take a look at whats really important with a team. Who has put the team first?
I guarantee you Clinton will be there, he said. I know Clinton too well. Hell be there and kick off the offseason on the right note. I want my leaders to be there and hopefully well have 100 percent participation.[B] If not, Ill be disappointed[/B].[/QUOTE]

He doesn't seem like the kinda coach who likes to be disappointed!

tryfuhl 03-11-2010 08:17 PM

Re: Portis cleared to participate in offseason workouts, Rogers will be there as well

[quote=CRedskinsRule;672872]Shanahan's interview was outstanding. Loved the quote:

He doesn't seem like the kinda coach who likes to be disappointed![/quote]

No doubt, basically said leaders will be there.

NYCskinfan82 03-11-2010 08:46 PM

No real suprise for me.

IrMitchell 03-11-2010 08:49 PM

I'm happy to see this. Rogers and Portis are way too valuable to our franchise to give up. If not playing wise they are in the locker room.

CRedskinsRule 03-11-2010 09:10 PM

from the ultimate news source of Twitter:

RedskinsInsider

RT @Rich_Campbell #Redskins CB Carlos Rogers texted abt meeting w/Shanahan: "I got a lot of stuff off my chest and things worked out fine."

SirClintonPortis 03-11-2010 09:14 PM

Next up for Carlos: ball-catching classes.

Mechanix544 03-11-2010 09:39 PM

LOL, for sure!

diehardskin2982 03-11-2010 11:43 PM

Im really interested to see how things go on monday. I'm not worried about Portis in the right coaching he will play up to his level. I believe he has something left in the tank but he is the type of player that needs a disciplinarian coach. Zorn was too weak of a HC to motivate portis to do good for himself, work out, practice, etc. Shannahan will keep him together.

The player I'm interested in seeing if he will show up and participate is Laron Landry. Landry is notorious for not showing up for voluntary activities. He didn't with Gibbs, nor with Zorn. He most likely will try to pull the same stuff with Shannahan so it will be interesting to see how he hadles dirty 30.

The Goat 03-11-2010 11:50 PM

[quote=diehardskin2982;672940]Im really interested to see how things go on monday. I'm not worried about Portis in the right coaching he will play up to his level. I believe he has something left in the tank but he is the type of player that needs a disciplinarian coach. Zorn was too weak of a HC to motivate portis to do good for himself, work out, practice, etc. Shannahan will keep him together.

[B]The player I'm interested in seeing if he will show up and participate is Laron Landry. Landry is notorious for not showing up for voluntary activities. He didn't with Gibbs, nor with Zorn. He most likely will try to pull the same stuff with Shannahan so it will be interesting to see how he hadles dirty 30.[/B][/quote]

I think this is probably the big story too. We know CP and now Rogers are coming around. Landry has shown such little maturity in the past I think it would take a huge step forward for him to be there Monday...

tryfuhl 03-12-2010 12:18 AM

Carlos kind of reminds me of a woman... no offense in a test-related regard, but just emotional

he's got to get shit off of his chest regularly and then all will be well.. something tells me that player feedback/one-on-one has been stifled for awhile with the coaching staff

not that it should be a revolving door, but get in, say what you need to say, hear what the other side has to say.. then work towards it

rbanerjee23 03-12-2010 12:40 AM

Im sure a lot of the guys on this board, myself included, are just hoping these guys put their egos aside, realize that they are coming off of a 4-12 campaign and just realize that until they put up a second round win in the playoff, they have no right not to give 110%

diehardskin2982 03-12-2010 12:44 AM

[quote=The Goat;672943]I think this is probably the big story too. We know CP and now Rogers are coming around. Landry has shown such little maturity in the past I think it would take a huge step forward for him to be there Monday...[/quote]

If he doesn't show up on time I can see them sending his rights to another team, to send a message to the others.

tryfuhl 03-12-2010 12:48 AM

[quote=rbanerjee23;672955]Im sure a lot of the guys on this board, myself included, are just hoping these guys put their egos aside, realize that they are coming off of a 4-12 campaign and just realize that until they put up a second round win in the playoff, they have no right not to give 110%[/quote]

that's big time rban

no matter what they need to figure out a way to do things differently, do them effectively, and make us respectable