Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Star Wars Ep. III Trailer... (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/3569-star-wars-ep-iii-trailer.html)

Beemnseven 11-04-2004 08:29 PM

Star Wars Ep. III Trailer...

HOLY CRAP. I just saw the trailer for Star Wars Episode III. This one actually looks pretty freaking good.

Looks like there's no grotesque love story like in Ep. II, and it might even be geared more for adults rather than 8 year-olds like in Episode I.

Let's hope Lucas redeems himself and ends the franchise on a good note.

Mattyk 11-04-2004 10:22 PM

don't leave us hanging you got a link?

redrock-skins 11-04-2004 10:31 PM

I tried starwars.com, but you have to sign up for something to see it.

Mattyk 11-05-2004 09:38 AM

I hope it does kick major butt and ends the prequels on a high note, because I and II were pretty disappointing, especially II.

At least Episode I had Darth Maul who was pretty badass, and the final saber fight scene which was easily the best light saber battle of all the movies.

Beemnseven 11-05-2004 04:43 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]I hope it does kick major butt and ends the prequels on a high note, because I and II were pretty disappointing, especially II.

At least Episode I had Darth Maul who was pretty badass, and the final saber fight scene which was easily the best light saber battle of all the movies.[/QUOTE]

Did you see the trailer yet Matty? I tried to look for it, but apparently only AOL had rights to the first showing for downloads. If you have AOL, as I do, as soon as you log on at the homepage it gives you a link. But I'm at work now, and I can't find it. I saw it on 'Access Hollywood' last night.

If you care about seeing "The Incredibles" (which actually looks pretty funny) the SWIII trailer can be seen before that movie on the big screen.

I agree with your comments about Episode I and II.

Mattyk 11-06-2004 12:55 PM

Actually I do kinda want to see The Incredibles, seeing the Episode III trailer would be a nice bonus!

Cush 11-06-2004 09:42 PM

Here: [url]http://www.todaysgamer.com/files/episodeIII.mov[/url]

Obi Wan Narrates, has footage from the orginial trilogy and the Eps 1 & 2. And Wookies!

joecrisp 11-07-2004 12:18 AM

This looks like the kickass episode that I've been expecting Lucas to put out all these years. I like how the trailer incorporates clips from previous episodes; it creates the sense that this one actually will tie everything together and live up to the legend of the original trilogy. I felt like an 8 year-old again watching that trailer.

Thanks for the link, Cush!

That Guy 11-07-2004 01:41 AM

i actually didn't like it... looks like its going the for the 400$mill matrix 3... it'll look nice (though the cgi from ep 1-3 all looks incredibly fake compared to even slightly older movies), and they'll hack the story together, but its not going to be as seemless as was originally planned (kinda like that kludged AvP story)...

Cush 11-07-2004 11:46 AM

The biggest problem with the prequels is that we already know what happens. Kind of takes the fun out it. Plus, the acting has been subpar. Hayden Christensen? Ugh, he was terrible in Ep 2. Natalie Portman also seems to be out of her element.

Mattyk 11-07-2004 12:14 PM

No matter how bad it may turn out to be, I'll still be a sucker and go see it. The trailer looks pretty cool, thanks for posting it

redrock-skins 11-07-2004 10:24 PM

Thanks for the trailer. Can't wait for next summer. This looks like the Star Wars I've been waiting to see. A hunded people could tell me the movie sucks and I'm still going to see it.

SkinsRock 11-08-2004 02:49 PM

Thought the trailer was awesome. Looks like the darkest one of all 6....which it should be since evil "wins". Looking forward to seeing Obi Wan F up Anikan/Vader so bad that the suit has to be created...
I disagree on Ep. I and II......Episode I was ruined by the horrible acting of the kid playing Anikan, not to mention the whole JarJar factor... II has more action, and I though Christensen did alright.
As for the acting not being so great, go back and watch the original three and you'll see that the acting was mostly decent, in spite of the fact that Lucas' dialouge was always fairly cheesy, which makes it hard to believe at times....but he still insists that it is and alway was directed more towards kids.
JoeC, I also felt like an 8 year old again watching it...and of course my wife gives me crap for it...;)

Another tidbit: Joe Gibbs was originally hired in between the releases of Empire and Jedi...parts 2 and 3 of the original trilogy....and was re-hired in between 2 and 3 of the new one...

skinsfanthru&thru 11-14-2004 02:13 AM

did anyone else get goosebumps seeing vader rising up fastened to the table? that was freakin awesome and I can't wait to see the OWK/Anakin fight as well as the emperor vs yoda and to see how mace windu dies. while I didn't hate episode 1 and 2 as much as some others, i was dissapointed but everything I've seen and heard about 3 has reinvigorated my faith that it will kick ass. and for those of u who haven't seen it, go see the incredibles which is awesome in its own right.