Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Santana Moss Excited About Kyle and Mike (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/35830-santana-moss-excited-about-kyle-mike.html)

SmootSmack 03-25-2010 05:13 PM

Santana Moss Excited About Kyle and Mike

[url=http://blog.redskins.com/2010/03/25/santana-moss-is-just-thrilled-about-his-new-coach/]Santana Moss Is 'Just Thrilled' About His New Coaches[/url]

GMScud 03-25-2010 05:28 PM

Re: Santana Moss Excited About Kyle and Mike

The more interviews I'm reading/hearing with players since Shanahan came in- a lot of the comments... man you can really tell just how deeply in over his head Zorn was.

I listened to interviews with Kedric Golston and Lorenzo Alexander yesterday on The John Thompson show, and they both at times prefaced statements with "no disrespect to Coach Zorn, BUT..."

I mean listen to what Santana said- it's a new thing to be held accountable for being late! Sheesh.

Anyway, it looks like we're in very good hands with Shanahan. That certainly seems to be a central theme.

SmootSmack 03-25-2010 05:38 PM

I think the bigger problem was really Cerrato, putting aside all the personnel issues, Cerrato just wasn't suited to be the main guy leading the organization. Just all the internal daily management of the staff was a mess the past two years. Seems to be more structure now and that trickles down to the players on the field...but still, it's only March

tryfuhl 03-25-2010 05:38 PM

[quote=GMScud;678572]The more interviews I'm reading/hearing with players since Shanahan came in- a lot of the comments... man you can really tell just how deeply in over his head Zorn was.

I listened to interviews with Kedric Golston and Lorenzo Alexander yesterday on The John Thompson show, and they both at times prefaced statements with "no disrespect to Coach Zorn, BUT..."

I mean listen to what Santana said- it's a new thing to be held accountable for being late! Sheesh.

Anyway, it looks like we're in very good hands with Shanahan. That certainly seems to be a central theme.[/quote]

No doubt, seems to be a lot of love for Ray Wright too. Orakpo said some good things about the program and how it was basically a free-for-all last year like Edwin Williams mentioned. Cool that he offered to work Phillip Daniels' powerlifting into his routine too.

GMScud 03-25-2010 05:41 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;678575]I think the bigger problem was really Cerrato, putting aside all the personnel issues, Cerrato just wasn't suited to be the main guy leading the organization. Just all the internal daily management of the staff was a mess the past two years. Seems to be more structure now and that trickles down to the players on the field...but still, it's only March[/quote]

I agree that Cerrato was the biggest of all problems. The consensus seems to be that sweeping administrative change was necessary as soon as Allen stepped in.

tryfuhl 03-25-2010 05:44 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;678575]I think the bigger problem was really Cerrato, putting aside all the personnel issues, Cerrato just wasn't suited to be the main guy leading the organization. Just all the internal daily management of the staff was a mess the past two years. Seems to be more structure now and that trickles down to the players on the field...but still, it's only March[/quote]

No doubt, the accountability aspect is important. It was cool to hear that you have to be on time for your training sessions and whatnot and can't just jump in whenever.

McD5 03-25-2010 06:00 PM

A professional organization. What a nice change.

53Fan 03-25-2010 06:00 PM

"When you have someone that's here but he can't say this-or-that and do this-and-that. You get what we had." Vinny was definitely a big part of the problem. Working under Vinny was no piece of cake.

mlmdub130 03-25-2010 06:54 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;678575]I think the bigger problem was really Cerrato, putting aside all the personnel issues, Cerrato just wasn't suited to be the main guy leading the organization. Just all the internal daily management of the staff was a mess the past two years. Seems to be more structure now and that trickles down to the players on the field...[B]but still, it's only March[/B][/quote]

should be your new sig

Mattyk 03-25-2010 07:01 PM

Hard to find anyone that's not happy with the changes so far. And really how could they not be thrilled to have a professional regime in place from the top down.

rbanerjee23 03-25-2010 07:43 PM

Wow as a Zorn supporter I am really disheartened to hear about the way he handled the team...it explains a lot in terms of the lack of discipline and players not doing the little things like Moss pointed out.

JoeRedskin 03-25-2010 07:59 PM

From the Article: "Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to sit here and just say the last group that was here was just ..... I enjoyed Coach Zorn. I enjoyed his staff. I feel like we learned a lot from them. [B]I just feel like right now some of the things that have been done here now are coming from our coach himself.[/B]"

Zorn had his issues undoubtedly, but it is clear that he was being undercut at every turn. Cerrato was an incompetent cancer who made impossible for the organization to succeed.

What is obvious is that the players knew Zorn was [I]not[/I] the final word about [I]anything[/I].

Equally obvious is that the players know that Shanahan [I]is[/I] in charge.

NYCskinfan82 03-25-2010 08:03 PM

Good to hear stuff like this, it's March but still nice.

Longtimefan 03-25-2010 08:26 PM

It's always good when you hear good vibes coming from the park. I don't want to rush my life away, but I really look forward to to the season and to watch all the happy talk turn into stellar play on the field.