Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brandon or T.O. ? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35846)

saden1 03-26-2010 02:49 PM

Re: Brandon or T.O. ?

[quote=SmootSmack;678822]But no one wants to give them that. Just like the Redskins want at least a 3rd for JC, but no one wants to give them that[/quote]

If a third string QB like Charlie Whitehurs is worth swap of second round picks (a 20 spot move up for the Chargers) and next year's third rounder I can't imagine why we couldn't get at least a 3rd rounder. The Skins' must want more than a 3rd rounder.

Monkeydad 03-26-2010 02:49 PM

[quote=SBXVII;678821][URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/26/shanahan-doesnt-rule-out-big-name-receivers/"]Shanahan doesn't rule out big name receivers | ProFootballTalk.com[/URL][/quote]

Nice source. :spank:

Audi 03-26-2010 02:50 PM

Hey, it's uncapped year. Why not both?

Ade Jimoh Fan Club 03-26-2010 02:50 PM

I personally think this would be a fair trade for Brandon Marshall:

* We trade 1st round picks with Denver
* We trade 2nd round picks with Denver
* We give them our 4th round pick

DEN gets the 4th, 37th and 103rd

WAS gets the 11th, 45th and Brandon Me-First Marshall

According to the Trade Value Matrix, DEN would get a value of 2,418 and WAS would get 1,700 + Marshall. The 718 difference equates to the 25th pick in the first round of the draft - so in short, DEN would be getting the equivalent of a 1st rounder, and we'd be maintaining our first two picks in a very deep draft AND picking up a legit WR1.

Your thoughts?? Is this too logical for NFL GM's?

Option #2 - bring back THE ADE!! :)

SirClintonPortis 03-26-2010 02:59 PM

[quote=saden1;678832]If a third string QB like Charlie Whitehurs is worth swap of second round picks (a 20 spot move up for the Chargers) and next year's third rounder [B]I can't imagine why we couldn't get at least a 3rd rounder[/B]. The Skins' must want more than a 3rd rounder.[/quote]
"Prices" for QBs always tend to be on the extreme side. They cost a lot if they're even "just good", and they're dirt cheap if no one wants them. Apparently, no one wants to "buy" Campbell for a 2nd or 1st rounder, and for damn good reason.
Campbell's not a sure thing. It's basically gambling with Campbell vs. gambling with grabbing a stud 1st or 2nd round player from the draft, and most would rather gamble with the draft than with a QB who has not shown much in all of his years in the league and has two attributes that leads to near-certain QB failure: bad accuracy and bad pocket presence.

SmootSmack 03-26-2010 02:59 PM

[quote=Buster;678833]Nice source. :spank:[/quote]

It basically is just a link to the source from the Washington Post in the original post of this thread

flaskinsfan8 03-26-2010 03:00 PM

I would definately say Brandon Marshall. One, TO is way past his prime and a headache. Also, I went to UCF so I like Brandon Marshall.

T.O. sucks.

SmootSmack 03-26-2010 03:05 PM

[quote=saden1;678832]If a third string QB like Charlie Whitehurs is worth swap of second round picks (a 20 spot move up for the Chargers) and next year's third rounder I can't imagine why we couldn't get at least a 3rd rounder. The Skins' must want more than a 3rd rounder.[/quote]

Well they're no longer asking for more than a 3rd rounder (they haven't lately at least). I think others have mentioned it but it seems like Whitehurst has more "value" because of what he has the potential to accomplish. I think most execs feel like they've seen enough of Campbell to know what to expect from him.

Redskins and Broncos, to my knowledge, had very preliminary talks at the beginning of free agency about Marshall but nothing came out of that. Right now, no team is budging on giving up a 1st for Marshall. Redskins will wait and see if it gets to the point that the Broncos feel forced to get rid of Marshall, and the talk was that some package could involve Landry and Kelly.

Who knows for sure though

SBXVII 03-26-2010 03:13 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;678843]It basically is just a link to the source from the Washington Post in the original post of this thread[/quote]

Yeah, thanks. I was going to say I waited until I saw a more reliable source and when it was reported here quoting the Insider then I figured it was safe to post it. and....I still get the spanking. ;)

SBXVII 03-26-2010 03:14 PM

[quote=Ade Jimoh Fan Club;678835]I personally think this would be a fair trade for Brandon Marshall:

* We trade 1st round picks with Denver
* We trade 2nd round picks with Denver
* We give them our 4th round pick

DEN gets the 4th, 37th and 103rd

WAS gets the 11th, 45th and Brandon Me-First Marshall

According to the Trade Value Matrix, DEN would get a value of 2,418 and WAS would get 1,700 + Marshall. The 718 difference equates to the 25th pick in the first round of the draft - so in short, DEN would be getting the equivalent of a 1st rounder, and we'd be maintaining our first two picks in a very deep draft AND picking up a legit WR1.

Your thoughts?? Is this too logical for NFL GM's?

Option #2 - bring back THE ADE!! :)[/quote]

I'll take option #2 please.

SBXVII 03-26-2010 03:20 PM

[quote=flaskinsfan8;678844]I would definately say Brandon Marshall. One, TO is way past his prime and a headache. Also, I went to UCF so I like Brandon Marshall.

T.O. sucks.[/quote]

I have to say this is an extremely nice arguement. Fair and to the point.

I'd still take T.O. There is no draft pick required. I will say that I wouldn't mind Marshall if Denver would take one of our draft picks from next year. We are 2 short this year. No need to over do it.

SBXVII 03-26-2010 03:24 PM

I just want to know how on earth could anyone say no to taking an emotional person like this. He's obviously loves his teamates. We need some of this......:)

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbHkJ2DQHqE]YouTube - Terrell Owens crying like a baby.[/url]

joethiesmanfan 03-26-2010 03:29 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;678848]Well they're no longer asking for more than a 3rd rounder (they haven't lately at least). I think others have mentioned it but it seems like Whitehurst has more "value" because of what he has the potential to accomplish. I think most execs feel like they've seen enough of Campbell to know what to expect from him.

Redskins and Broncos, to my knowledge, had very preliminary talks at the beginning of free agency about Marshall but nothing came out of that. Right now, no team is budging on giving up a 1st for Marshall. Redskins will wait and see if it gets to the point that the Broncos feel forced to get rid of Marshall, and the talk was that some package could involve Landry and Kelly.

Who knows for sure though[/quote]

Smoot got to disagree. Whitehurst is grabidge

SmootSmack 03-26-2010 03:37 PM

I don't have any real opinion of Whitehurst, I've seen enough of him to say...I have no real opinion of him.

celts32 03-26-2010 03:47 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;678848]Well they're no longer asking for more than a 3rd rounder (they haven't lately at least). I think others have mentioned it but it seems like Whitehurst has more "value" because of what he has the potential to accomplish. I think most execs feel like they've seen enough of Campbell to know what to expect from him.

Who knows for sure though[/quote]

Ugh not Landry...I really think he can still be a good player with different coaching. He's one of the very few players on the roster i would rather not trade.