Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Shawn Michaels retires after 26 years with WWE (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35881)

SolidSnake84 03-30-2010 08:23 AM

Shawn Michaels retires after 26 years with WWE

Shawn Michaels retired last night on WWE Raw. His last match of his career was against the Undertaker, at Wrestlemania 26 the night before.

I'm saddened. I know wrestling is fake, but he was my favorite wrestler my whole entire life. I've been watching him on TV since 1990. I feel old, all my old favorites are gone, either from passing away or just retiring.

Don't know who will fill the void in WWE now that HBK is gone....

Schneed10 03-30-2010 08:28 AM

Re: Shawn Michaels retires after 26 years with WWE

Oh for God's sakes.

SolidSnake84 03-30-2010 08:31 AM

Sorry to offend anyone but i thought this was notable....If you even casually watch WWE, then you know who Shawn Michaels is, and if you are a long-time fan like me, then you know the role he has served for this business.....

Daseal 03-30-2010 08:39 AM

8 year olds everywhere are crushed. Because no self-respecting adult watches this trash.

Chico23231 03-30-2010 09:04 AM

[quote=Daseal;679760]8 year olds everywhere are crushed. Because no self-respecting adult watches this trash.[/quote]

Sounds like what I say about people who watch Sean Hannity or Glenn Beck.

mredskins 03-30-2010 09:06 AM

I watch it and it is basically junk food for my mind. If I am home I watch it meaning Raw and I don't pay for PPV or watch them. It is just fun that is all.

MonkFan4Life 03-30-2010 09:48 AM

[quote=SolidSnake84;679756]Sorry to offend anyone but i thought this was notable....If you even casually watch WWE, then you know who Shawn Michaels is, and if you are a long-time fan like me, then you know the role he has served for this business.....[/quote]

For all the shit that is posted on this site you shouldn't worry about offending for real. I hosted a Wrestlemania party which was exhausting to say the least; and watched last night. Well the Michaels part anyway, pretty sad to see his career end and like you I feel old because the clips of his career dated me a bit. I did think it was rather gay the way HHH hugged him from behind and he turned his head to kiss him. It was like Shawn was a new fish and HHH was Nasty Nate but the Squirrel master hadn't saved him yet.

hooskins 03-30-2010 09:59 AM

I hate WWE but I am not going to bash you. Its your opinion.

LOL @ chico....

firstdown 03-30-2010 10:09 AM

Don't be too sad maybe the Nature Boy or the Holk Hogan will unretire and make a come back at age 60. The sad part is the Mods cannot even move this over to the other sports section.

MTK 03-30-2010 10:17 AM

I'll move it anyway, though calling it a sport is really comical.

The truly sad part is we have 2 wrastlin' threads going on.

hooskins 03-30-2010 10:30 AM

alright move it den. git er dun!!

mredskins 03-30-2010 10:35 AM

[quote=firstdown;679787]Don't be too sad maybe the Nature Boy or the [B]Holk Hogan [/B]will unretire and make a come back at age 60. The sad part is the Mods cannot even move this over to the other sports section.[/quote]

[I]Hulk[/I] Hogan still wrestles in the TNA league. Now correct me if I am wrong but his brother [I]Holk[/I] died in a car accident in the early 80's.

SolidSnake84 03-30-2010 10:48 AM

Yep...Holk would impersonate his more famous brother at events where the real Hulk Hogan couldn't be there....He had a prosthetic leg too that was cleverly hidden beneath his boot.

Monkeydad 03-30-2010 11:02 AM

These WWE threads need moved to the Parking Lot. This forum is called "Other [B][U]Sports[/U][/B]"

(awaiting SolidSnake's reply) ;)

dmek25 03-30-2010 11:31 AM

you mean to tell me its not real?:)

mredskins 03-30-2010 11:38 AM

[quote=Buster;679805]These WWE threads need moved to the Parking Lot. This forum is called "Other [B][U]Sports[/U][/B]"

(awaiting SolidSnake's reply) ;)[/quote]

It has already been moved back and fourth.

Ruhskins 03-30-2010 01:11 PM

[quote=Mattyk;679790]I'll move it anyway, though calling it a sport is really comical.

The truly sad part is we have 2 wrastlin' threads going on.[/quote]

Not as sad at the crap people are writing in the Obama Care thread (from both sides).

FRPLG 03-30-2010 02:21 PM

"retire" = taking a break to rest his old ass body. he'll be back.

mredskins 03-30-2010 02:28 PM

[quote=FRPLG;679906]"retire" = taking a break to rest his old ass body. he'll be back.[/quote]

He looked pretty gone at the end of Raw last night but this is wrestling so who knows.

I can't wait for the day the Rock comes back, people will go nuts.

GMScud 03-30-2010 02:30 PM

[quote=Mattyk;679790]I'll move it anyway, though calling it a sport is really comical.

The truly sad part is we have 2 wrastlin' threads going on.[/quote]

Seriously. Can someone please enlighten me as to the appeal of WWF or WWE or whatever it's called? It's sooooo stupid and fake.

MTK 03-30-2010 02:40 PM

[quote=GMScud;679910]Seriously. Can someone please enlighten me as to the appeal of WWF or WWE or whatever it's called? It's sooooo stupid and fake.[/quote]

You mean you don't enjoy watching roided up sweaty guys in speedos roll around on a mat with each other in a fake battle?

mredskins 03-30-2010 02:52 PM

[quote=GMScud;679910]Seriously. Can someone please enlighten me as to the appeal of WWF or WWE or whatever it's called?[B] It's sooooo stupid and fake[/B].[/quote]

Exactly why I like it, junk food for the mind. I am not die hard I come and go in my enjoyment. funniest thing is you can go away from it for a couple years watch two Raws and you are right back up to speed.

tryfuhl 03-30-2010 03:28 PM

[quote=MonkFan4Life;679782]For all the shit that is posted on this site you shouldn't worry about offending for real. I hosted a Wrestlemania party which was exhausting to say the least; and watched last night. Well the Michaels part anyway, pretty sad to see his career end and like you I feel old because the clips of his career dated me a bit. I did think it was rather gay the way HHH hugged him from behind and he turned his head to kiss him. It was like Shawn was a new fish and HHH was Nasty Nate but the Squirrel master hadn't saved him yet.[/quote]

lol nasty nate's gonna get that fruit cup

SmootSmack 03-30-2010 04:17 PM

[quote=GMScud;679910]Seriously. Can someone please enlighten me as to the appeal of WWF or WWE or whatever it's called? It's sooooo stupid and fake.[/quote]

Hasn't been the same since the days of JYD, Superfly Snooka, and the Iron Sheik.

mredskins 03-30-2010 04:28 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;679971]Hasn't been the same since the days of JYD, Superfly Snooka, and the Iron Sheik.[/quote]

Ricky the Dragon was on last night.

dmek25 03-30-2010 04:57 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;679971]Hasn't been the same since the days of JYD, Superfly Snooka, and the [B]Iron Sheik[/B].[/quote]
met him back around 79-80. really cool guy

Monkeydad 03-30-2010 06:01 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;679865]Not as sad at the crap people are writing in the Obama Care BILL (from both sides).[/quote]

Fixed. ;)

MTK 03-30-2010 06:54 PM

[quote=dmek25;679985]met him back around 79-80. really cool guy[/quote]

Ever hear him on Howard Stern? Not sure if it's just an act he's putting on, but the dude is CRAZY

JLW428 03-30-2010 09:25 PM

I'm not going to lie, I used to watch it...then I had my 7th birthday.

dmek25 03-30-2010 09:32 PM

[quote=Mattyk;680054]Ever hear him on Howard Stern? Not sure if it's just an act he's putting on, but the dude is CRAZY[/quote]
no, but he has to be an old man by now.

dmek25 03-30-2010 09:35 PM

In 1987, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan (an on-screen rival) and Khosrow were pulled over by New Jersey police after a WWF event, suspecting Duggan of DUI. After a search of the vehicle and the persons, police discovered that Duggan was under the influence of marijuana while the Sheik was high on cocaine. Small amounts of cocaine were also found in the vehicle. Duggan received a conditional release while the Sheik was placed on probation for a year. The mini-scandal that erupted after two in-ring enemies were found drinking and doing drugs together led to the end of the angle, the Sheik's release, and Duggan's temporary departure from the WWF.[2][6][15][16][17] In 1988, he returned to the WWF but the return was short-lived.[18]

MTK 03-30-2010 10:15 PM

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MrjQRKfNc0&feature=fvw]YouTube - Fan Asks the Iron Sheik for an Autograph[/url]

wolfeskins 03-30-2010 10:21 PM

my 13 year old son watches it from time to time and i'll sit and watch it with him. it's still pretty entertaining. the wrestlers change but alot of the story lines stay the same. there are actually a few 2nd and 3rd generation wrestlers right now, orton is one of the better ones to watch. i used to really enjoy wrestling back when we had the wwf and wcw,those were some good times.

as far as hbk's retirement, he really seemed sincere, it's gotta be tough to walk away from a gig like that after all those years.

Redskins8588 03-30-2010 10:30 PM

[url=http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/raw/2010/march29-31/13974328]WWE: Mediaplayer > Raw: Shawn Michaels Moment #6 – Perhaps the greatest match in WrestleMania history against The Undertaker[/url]

I have watched wrestling through out my life, I remember watching Ric Flair with my dad, I watched when the Rock and Stone Cold were real big. I have been watching recently with my son, he is 8 going on 9 and he thinks that wrestling is great. Is it scripted? Sure, I do not deny that, but some of the high flying acrobatics are not. For example, watch the link and take notice at the 0:35 to 0:40 into the video. This is a clip from WM25 last year. Shawn Michaels attempts a jump from the top of the ring on to the Undertaker on the outside of the ring, you can clearly see the Undertaker step out of the way as Michaels slams on to a concrete floor that has a thin gym mat on it. All I am saying is I don't care how much you try to train yourself to take a fall anytime any one jumps from 10' to 12' in the air and lands on cement, well GRAVITY hurts...

Is wrestling for everyone? No. Are most, if not all on roids? Most signs point to yes. But to argue for or against wrestling, well there is better things to do...

firstdown 04-02-2010 12:41 PM

The only thing I found was the half naked chicks running around

Gmanc711 04-02-2010 02:39 PM

I'll admit I still watch wrestling...and I was actually pretty sad too during HBK's retirment speech on RAW. I mean I used to be OBSESSED with wrestling when I was a kid and when we were in high school. I was in high school right around Rock/Austin/Foley time so we got some great memories there... HBK retiering was like the last living peice of my childhood being gone...

tryfuhl 04-02-2010 02:51 PM

I watched it a lot in middle school, mostly WCW.. a lot of electric acts at the time.

Dirtbag59 04-02-2010 03:59 PM

IT's STILL REAL TO ME DAMNIT!!!

tryfuhl 04-02-2010 04:52 PM

[quote=Dirtbag359;681474]IT's STILL REAL TO ME DAMNIT!!![/quote]
one of the funniest vids ever haha

Skins4L 04-07-2010 11:49 PM

[quote=Daseal;679760]8 year olds everywhere are crushed. Because no self-respecting adult watches this trash.[/quote]

Your ignorant as f*k. hows that