Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskin Mock Draft I Conducted Online (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35882)

SkinsfanNTX 03-30-2010 01:17 PM

Redskin Mock Draft I Conducted Online

I recently was a part of a team of other online GM's and just completed a seven round draft. I chose the Redskins and was responsible for trades and draft selections for my favorite team. I did make the following trades in the draft:

[B][B]Jason Campbell QB to Buffalo for their #3 (72) and #6 (192 from Buffalo)

#2 (37) to Houston for their #2 (51) and #4 (118)

Clifton Portis RB to San Diego for their #5 (159)
[/B][/B]
Here is the seven round draft I conducted for the Redskins:

[B][B]REDSKINS
1-4 Russell Okung ot Oklahoma State 6'5 307 5.18 (LT starter)
2-51 Colt McCoy qb Texas 6'1 216 4.79 (can push as starting QB)
3-72 Kyle Calloway ot Iowa 6'7 323 5.46 (RT starter)
4-103 Akwasi Owusu-Ansah cb IUP 6'0 207 4.32 (nickel CB/FS punt returner)
4-118 Jordan Shipley wr Texas 5'11 193 4.57 (slot receiver punt returner)
5-135 Thaddeus Gibson olb Ohio State 6'2 243 4.78 (3-4 OLB who can rush)
5-159 Deji Karim rb Southern Illinois 5'9 209 4.37 (FCS back with great skill)
6-192 Travis Goethel ilb Arizona State 6'3 240 4.58 (ILB prospect ST player)
7-211 Doug Worthington de Ohio State 6'5 296 4.89 (rotation lineman 3-4 E)[/B][/B]

What are your feelings on this draft for Washington? Did we improve the team? Thanks.

over the mountain 03-30-2010 01:27 PM

Re: Redskin Mock Draft I Conducted Online

im a lil confused buddy. did you trade JC and our 2nd rounder for the bills 3rd and 6th rounder? im guessin it was JC for their 3rd and 6th and you just hadnt put up the draft choices.

Monkeydad 03-30-2010 01:57 PM

Insane mock draft, none of it would ever happen. We downgraded at QB at least for this season and were ripped off for CP.

I like the Okung pick at least.

diehardskin2982 03-30-2010 02:06 PM

Imo this draft made us worst, sorry. Under this scenario our starting QB would be either Colt McCoy or Rex Grossman behind two rookie tackles. We would have Larry Johnson as our starting RB with no depth behind him except Deji Karim, PJ Hill and Anthony Aldridge. No trades propositions came about for Carter?

my badd also Colt Brennan

CRedskinsRule 03-30-2010 02:21 PM

Okung is obviously good.

Not quite sure where you are saying you got Colt, if it was the 51st pick, I would say there is very little chance that he would last that long, and I can't see us trading down from the 37th if we want McCoy.

I agree with Buster that CP for a 5th would be terrible on our end.

That said, the players you chose would all be good additions(don't know the 5th-7th round guys though)

Kalisto2010 03-30-2010 02:24 PM

There's going to be a lot of upset warpathers come draft day.

rbanerjee23 03-30-2010 02:28 PM

wow...I don't think you did a good thing trading away JC. You can't put a rookie q behind a shiteous offensive line and expect to be okay. We may as well have kept JC and upgraded the offensive line.

BigHairedAristocrat 03-30-2010 02:42 PM

Whatthe OP neglected to mention was that he was also the GM for the Bills, Texans, and Chargers.

CRedskinsRule 03-30-2010 02:59 PM

[quote=Kalisto2010;679907]There's going to be a lot of upset warpathers come draft day.[/quote]

If in the end we end up with Okung or Stafford the rest should sort itself out. The worst scenario is really
Rams-Bradford
Lions-Okung
TB- Suh

but even that I think that would give us a decent opportunity to trade down, and pick up an extra pick from someone, or leave us with a top DT/LT. Overall I can't see people being upset with the top of this draft.

Monkeydad 03-30-2010 03:15 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;679916]Whatthe OP neglected to mention was that he was also the GM for the Bills, Texans, and Chargers.[/quote]
:goodjob:

SkinsfanNTX 03-30-2010 03:53 PM

[quote=over the mountain;679880]im a lil confused buddy. did you trade JC and our 2nd rounder for the bills 3rd and 6th rounder? im guessin it was JC for their 3rd and 6th and you just hadnt put up the draft choices.[/quote]

No I wrote it wrong it was Campbell for Buffalo's 3rd and 6th.

SmootSmack 03-30-2010 03:59 PM

I'm cool with the selections of Okung, McCoy, and Calloway (big Calloway fan, I'd love him as a 3rd round RT)

The rest of the draft is ok, I guess. Karim is a bit of a sleeper

I don't see Spiller, Snead, Skelton, or Charles Brown here though...so I have to give you an F :)

SkinsfanNTX 03-30-2010 04:04 PM

[quote=Buster;679933]:goodjob:[/quote]

Nope you can't trade between teams you manage. I thought I upgraded the team the best I could. I wanted Bradford but he went #1. So I turned my attention to Okung best LT in the draft. Come the second round I was focused on taking Tebow or McCoy, so I traded down with the Texans hoping one or the other would be there later at that point. Tebow was gone but McCoy was still on board. The interest in Campbell was rather light but I was able to get two picks for his services and felt Grossman, Brennan, and McCoy could fight it out as the starter. Okung and Calloway, although rookies, could man the important tackle spots both could be 10 year starters. Portis was very expensive so all I could get for him was a 5th rounder and OT Jeremey Clary who could push Calloway at RT. The 4th rounder brought me two guys who can return punts in Ansah and Shipley. AOA also has the ability to play CB or FS and could be a great addition to the secondary. Shipley will play the slot formation and provide nice insurance for McCoy. The Karim kid will get some carries between Johnson, Hill, and Aldridge. Gibson and Goethel are new players for the 3-4 scheme at OLB and ILB. Goethel can also help out on special teams. Worthington is a big body who can rotate at DE in the 3-4.

celts32 03-30-2010 04:25 PM

I think if a goal of the Redskins in round #2 was to get Tebow or McCoy they would not be able to make that trade down to #51. I don't think either will be there...particuarly McCoy.

dmek25 03-30-2010 05:01 PM

7 picks, and only 2 offensive lineman. no thanks

NYCskinfan82 03-30-2010 06:49 PM

[quote=SkinsfanNTX;679873]I recently was a part of a team of other online GM's and just completed a seven round draft. I chose the Redskins and was responsible for trades and draft selections for my favorite team. I did make the following trades in the draft:

[B][B]Jason Campbell QB to Buffalo for their #3 (72) and #6 (192 from Buffalo)

#2 (37) to Houston for their #2 (51) and #4 (118)

Clifton Portis RB to San Diego for their #5 (159)
[/B][/B]
Here is the seven round draft I conducted for the Redskins:

[B][B]REDSKINS
1-4 Russell Okung ot Oklahoma State 6'5 307 5.18 (LT starter)
2-51 Colt McCoy qb Texas 6'1 216 4.79 (can push as starting QB)
3-72 Kyle Calloway ot Iowa 6'7 323 5.46 (RT starter)
4-103 Akwasi Owusu-Ansah cb IUP 6'0 207 4.32 (nickel CB/FS punt returner)
4-118 Jordan Shipley wr Texas 5'11 193 4.57 (slot receiver punt returner)
5-135 Thaddeus Gibson olb Ohio State 6'2 243 4.78 (3-4 OLB who can rush)
5-159 Deji Karim rb Southern Illinois 5'9 209 4.37 (FCS back with great skill)
6-192 Travis Goethel ilb Arizona State 6'3 240 4.58 (ILB prospect ST player)
7-211 Doug Worthington de Ohio State 6'5 296 4.89 (rotation lineman 3-4 E)[/B][/B]

What are your feelings on this draft for Washington? Did we improve the team? Thanks.[/quote]

Vinny is that you just kidding IMO we need more OL & LB help competition is good but were good at WR & CB.

Mechanix544 03-30-2010 08:52 PM

I wouldnt say that "we're good" at WR...... CB yes, but not WR. a short #1 option and two underachieving 3rd year players are not the definition of strength at said position. We need a real #1 Somehow, but I think that will have to wait until next year.....

Daseal 03-30-2010 09:09 PM

I know some people are being pretty harsh, but I think you did some pretty good things here. The only thing I have a real gripe with is not getting value for Campbell. We have Campbell, Grossman, and Colt right now. Honestly, I'd be happy with that going into the season. If we move Campbell, I think we could get slightly higher than a 3rd and 6th. If we do that, I'd rather take a project guy later. Tons of upside, may take time to develop, and roll the dice between Grossman and Brennan. Not exactly the best QB tandem, but we're rebuilding.

I really think we need to find an NT somewhere in this draft. I don't know where, but we need a big boy for the middle. I love the Shipley pick. Something about him makes me happy.

SkinsfanNTX 03-31-2010 03:46 AM

[quote=Daseal;680105]I know some people are being pretty harsh, but I think you did some pretty good things here. The only thing I have a real gripe with is not getting value for Campbell. We have Campbell, Grossman, and Colt right now. Honestly, I'd be happy with that going into the season. If we move Campbell, I think we could get slightly higher than a 3rd and 6th. If we do that, I'd rather take a project guy later. Tons of upside, may take time to develop, and roll the dice between Grossman and Brennan. Not exactly the best QB tandem, but we're rebuilding.

I really think we need to find an NT somewhere in this draft. I don't know where, but we need a big boy for the middle. I love the Shipley pick. Something about him makes me happy.[/quote]

Thanks my friend...you can't always get everyone you want and the big boys at the nose went early. I stuck to my board and took players who were the best at their position at areas of need. One of my goals was to improve our dreadful punt return game and I did that with AOA and Shipley.

SUNRA 03-31-2010 12:38 PM

I think JC is expendable because Rex Grossman will be the starter after training camp. Grossman knows Kyle Shanahan's offense and the draft 1 will be a LT. Second round Tim Tebow. Fourth RB, Fifth OL, Sixth DT, seventh CB

SirClintonPortis 03-31-2010 12:44 PM

Meh, I don't think anyone wants Campbell for a 3rd, much less a third and a sixth.

Monkeydad 03-31-2010 12:48 PM

[quote=SUNRA;680364]I think JC is expendable because Rex Grossman will be the starter after training camp. Grossman knows Kyle Shanahan's offense and the draft 1 will be a LT. Second round Tim Tebow. Fourth RB, Fifth OL, Sixth DT, seventh CB[/quote]

Is this a joke post?

NYCskinfan82 03-31-2010 03:42 PM

Grossman couldn't unseat Schaub but he's going to unseat JC.

Kalisto2010 04-01-2010 04:29 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;679924]If in the end we end up with Okung or Stafford the rest should sort itself out. The worst scenario is really
Rams-Bradford
Lions-Okung
TB- Suh
Overall I can't see people being upset with the top of this draft.[/quote]

Trust me you're going to be very upset. Clausen is pretty much a lock unless someone makes a blockbuster deal to trade up.

murphy196 04-01-2010 04:50 PM

In all honesty your draft wasn't very good and it's really not productive to do this type of draft b/c it's whoever's opinion not really addressing the real teams needs. So for me, you wasted your time, sorry.

SmootSmack 04-01-2010 05:21 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;679924]If in the end we end up with Okung or [B]Stafford [/B]the rest should sort itself out. The worst scenario is really
Rams-Bradford
Lions-Okung
TB- Suh

but even that I think that would give us a decent opportunity to trade down, and pick up an extra pick from someone, or leave us with a top DT/LT. Overall I can't see people being upset with the top of this draft.[/quote]

There some trade brewing that only you know about?