Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Major Announcement (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/35914-major-announcement.html)

Mattyk 04-01-2010 08:03 AM

Major Announcement

The Warpath is going to be partnering up with a major news outlet in the very near future! I'm not at liberty to discuss the details just yet, but there are some changes that will be taking place prior to the formal announcement of this new partnership that I need to discuss.

#1, as part of the agreement with this major media outlet, we have to shut down all off-topic discussions. Let's just say they are not a fan of the political discussions, too risque I guess you could say. So bye-bye parking lot.

#2, we're going to eventually be moving to a fee based membership model. Not sure of the specifics in regard to that either, I'm guessing around $20-$25 per year and it's looking like it will take effect just before the season kicks off. Unfortunately we cannot grandfather in original members, so this will be effective for everyone currently on the site as well as new members. Once we activate the system, anyone that does not pay for a membership will be automatically banned and their account & posts permanently deleted.

#3, under the terms of this new partnership we really have to clean up our act. Meaning a lot of bans are going to be handed out in the upcoming few weeks in order to clean house. I can't reveal the criteria for those that will be booted, but if all of a sudden you can't access the site, you'll know why.

I know this may come as a shock, but we believe these changes are for the greater good of the site, and once you see who the partnership is with and the content we'll be able to provide as a result, you'll be more than pleased.

We'll release more details in the coming weeks as they become available. Thanks everyone!

joethiesmanfan 04-01-2010 08:20 AM

Re: Major Announcement

Are you banning the bird?

ArtMonkDrillz 04-01-2010 08:21 AM

I, for one, am all for these changes. This is a Redskins site for football discussion, not a place to sprout off liberal commie pinko views and movie recommendations.
Plus, you pay for what you get.

Well done Matty! But I have to ask, are all of the current mods staying on board?

CRedskinsRule 04-01-2010 08:23 AM

Why do I find it strange that this announcement comes out today?

CRedskinsRule 04-01-2010 08:24 AM

And are you saying DCPSR doesn't count as a major news organization?

53Fan 04-01-2010 08:24 AM

[quote=Mattyk;680627]The Warpath is going to be partnering up with a major news outlet in the very near future! I'm not at liberty to discuss the details just yet, but there are some changes that will be taking place prior to the formal announcement of this new partnership that I need to discuss.

#1, as part of the agreement with this major media outlet, we have to shut down all off-topic discussions. Let's just say they are not a fan of the political discussions, too risque I guess you could say. So bye-bye parking lot.

#2, we're going to eventually be moving to a fee based membership model. Not sure of the specifics in regard to that either, I'm guessing around $20-$25 per year and it's looking like it will take effect just before the season kicks off. Unfortunately we cannot grandfather in original members, so this will be effective for everyone currently on the site as well as new members. Once we activate the system, anyone that does not pay for a membership will be automatically banned and their account & posts permanently deleted.

#3, under the terms of this new partnership we really have to clean up our act. Meaning a lot of bans are going to be handed out in the upcoming few weeks in order to clean house. I can't reveal the criteria for those that will be booted, but if all of a sudden you can't access the site, you'll know why.

I know this may come as a shock, but we believe these changes are for the greater good of the site, and[B] once you see who the partnership is with and the content we'll be able to provide as a result, you'll be more than pleased.[/B]

We'll release more details in the coming weeks as they become available. Thanks everyone![/quote]

Sounds good. Looking forward to it!

mredskins 04-01-2010 08:25 AM

April fools!!!!

tryfuhl 04-01-2010 08:30 AM

man I almost forgot the fucking date lol

Mattyk 04-01-2010 08:33 AM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;680632]I, for one, am all for these changes. This is a Redskins site for football discussion, not a place to sprout off liberal commie pinko views and movie recommendations.
Plus, you pay for what you get.

Well done Matty! But I have to ask, are all of the current mods staying on board?[/quote]

All new mod team, I'll even be taking a backseat

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-01-2010 08:33 AM

[quote=tryfuhl;680637]man I almost forgot the fucking date lol[/quote]

Banned, nah just kidding but if this is true lol I hope they don't look at my first 7,100 posts and ban me off that.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-01-2010 08:34 AM

[quote=Mattyk;680639]All new mod team, I'll even be taking a backseat[/quote]

Can I get a nomination?? I'll pay 100 bucks. LMAO

Redskin Jim 04-01-2010 08:38 AM

Count me in. Can I just buy a lifetime membership? I'd be willing to pay in the realm of $500-800 in order to save in the long run. I'm sure with the new changes to the site, and the wild success of the Redskins in this and future years, the cost of membership here will become all the rage and prices will soar.

BleedBurgundy 04-01-2010 08:41 AM

That's great! About time we removed some of the dead weight around here...

Longtimefan 04-01-2010 08:42 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;680640]Banned, nah just kidding but if this is true lol I hope they don't look at my first 7,100 posts and ban me off that.[/quote]

Look foreward to the changes...should produce a cleaner, neater workplace.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-01-2010 08:43 AM

[quote=Mattyk;680639]All new mod team, I'll even be taking a backseat[/quote]

Lame. Way to tell the rest of us.