Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is Campbell Officially Headed Out The Door? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35964)

MTK 04-06-2010 11:18 AM

Re: Is Campbell Officially Headed Out The Door?

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;684024]true, but i would think we know enough about bradford that we dont need to waste one of our 30 visits on him. mccoy, i can kind of see bringing in, although i think the timing is somewhat strange - bring in two projected 1st round QBs on the day you introduce a future hall-of-fame QB as your new starter?

In my opinion, this franchise "did Jason Campbell wrong" with how they treated him since they drafted him. I'd just like to see McNabb be treated with the respect he deserves. Hopefully, we don't draft a QB in the first two rounds and use whatever picks we have on guys who can protect McNabb (and whomever eventually replaces him). Just my opinion though.[/quote]

This late in the game it might be tough to rearrange these guys schedules too. I would imagine these prospects have had their visits and travel schedules all lined up weeks ago.

Trample the Elderly 04-06-2010 11:22 AM

[quote=Mattyk;684053]This late in the game it might be tough to rearrange these guys schedules too. I would imagine these prospects have had their visits and travel schedules all lined up weeks ago.[/quote]

I thought you would've locked the thread by now since the answer is apparent.

BigHairedAristocrat 04-06-2010 11:26 AM

i wouldnt say the answer is apparent. if the best offer we get for campbell is a 5th round pick, i think we'd keep him as a backup and let him walk next year. i'm sure we'd get atleast a 4th-5th round compensatory pick in 2012 when Campbell signed on as a starter for another NFL team in 2011.

Trample the Elderly 04-06-2010 11:39 AM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;684066]i wouldnt say the answer is apparent. if the best offer we get for campbell is a 5th round pick, i think we'd keep him as a backup and let him walk next year. i'm sure we'd get atleast a 4th-5th round compensatory pick in 2012 when Campbell signed on as a starter for another NFL team in 2011.[/quote]

Yeah but he is heading out the door.

MTK 04-06-2010 11:44 AM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;684066]i wouldnt say the answer is apparent. if the best offer we get for campbell is a 5th round pick, i think we'd keep him as a backup and let him walk next year. i'm sure we'd get atleast a 4th-5th round compensatory pick in 2012 when Campbell signed on as a starter for another NFL team in 2011.[/quote]

Agreed, the door is still open for him to stay depending on what sort of pick someone offers. We're not going to just give him away.

In the end I think someone will still have a need at QB after the draft and offer up a 3rd or 4th in 2011 and we'll be done with it.

BigHairedAristocrat 04-06-2010 11:52 AM

[quote=Mattyk;684086]Agreed, the door is still open for him to stay depending on what sort of pick someone offers. We're not going to just give him away.

In the end I think someone will still have a need at QB after the draft and offer up a 3rd or 4th in 2011 and we'll be done with it.[/quote]

I think you're being more realistic in your expectations than I am, but I think we could get a 2010 3rd rounder from the Raiders. If the Bills take Clausen, I think theres a chance we could get a 3rd rounder from the 49ers as well.

Ideally, i'd love to see us trade Campbell to the Bills for Whitner.

MTK 04-06-2010 11:55 AM

Yeah who knows. The advantage of the extended draft this year is I think we'll see more trades as teams will have more time to mull over their options. So he very well could be traded during the draft for a current pick. We'll see.

53Fan 04-06-2010 12:02 PM

[quote=Mattyk;684100]Yeah who knows. [B]The advantage of the extended draft this year is I think we'll see more trades as teams will have more time to mull over their options.[/B] So he very well could be traded during the draft for a current pick. We'll see.[/quote]

I can definitely see this happening. I'm thinking this is going to be a very active draft.

BigHairedAristocrat 04-06-2010 12:05 PM

there's definitely much more reason to actually tune in and watch/listen to the draft this year. I'm actually more excited about potential player-for-player trades Smoot has talked about, though.

SmootSmack 04-06-2010 12:13 PM

[quote=53Fan;684102]I can definitely see this happening. I'm thinking this is going to be a very active draft.[/quote]

Extremely active

tryfuhl 04-06-2010 12:13 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;684013]If you really care for him, you'll let him go

Seriously, I don't know what's to gain from him staying[/quote]
If he comes back then you know it was meant to be!

SmootSmack 04-06-2010 12:14 PM

[quote=tryfuhl;684116]If he comes back then you know it was meant to be![/quote]

:)

Campbell to Carolina for a 5th is the hot rumor of the moment by the way (again, just a rumor)

BigHairedAristocrat 04-06-2010 12:23 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;684117]:)

Campbell to Carolina for a 5th is the hot rumor of the moment by the way (again, just a rumor)[/quote]

a 5th, and a low one at that... no thanks. keep campbell and let him walk in 2011 and get a compensatory pick for him in the 2012 draft.

Lotus 04-06-2010 12:49 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;684126]a 5th, and a low one at that... no thanks. keep campbell and let him walk in 2011 and get a compensatory pick for him in the 2012 draft.[/quote]

Or just wait a little longer, as teams reshuffle after the draft, or some QB suffers a terrible injury in training camp, leaving their team QB-starved.

tryfuhl 04-06-2010 12:53 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;684126]a 5th, and a low one at that... no thanks. keep campbell and let him walk in 2011 and get a compensatory pick for him in the 2012 draft.[/quote]
what will you get for him being the backup? and wouldn't that depend on us not signing another one?