Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   McNabb a Redskin! (Part II) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35970)

tryfuhl 04-05-2010 03:46 PM

Re: McNabb a Redskin! (Part II)

[quote=Trample the Elderly;683439]It means they don't take us seriously. Nor do they feel that McNabb is a threat to them.[/quote]
more like McNabb held the upper hand but Reid didn't mind all that much

McNabb (well his agent) would basically say hey, you trade for me and I'm not negotiating a new deal.. the other teams were like well the asking price isn't worth it for just a year

the only other choice they had would be to keep McNabb and get a compensatory pick for him after the year.. Kolb wasn't going to sign an extension without being the starter and you'd better believe that he'll be extended before even the first pre-season game

SirClintonPortis 04-05-2010 03:52 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;683416]

Basically, the anyone but Campbell comment was a tongue in cheek generalization which shouldn't have ticked you off, if only because you were trying to go as far as you could to show that people like Alex Smith and Bruce Gradkowski have more value. That raised red flags about your assessment right away, but it's your persistent assumption that logic and reasoning is in your corner that forces me to conclude that my position is superior. If you have an unpopular opinion based on niche evidence, just state your case and move on. I do this all the time.

[/quote] It was more about ability rather than value, unless you mean those tiers, which simply omit a "These qbs are...(descriptive predicate)" opening clause,. I never said they crushed Campbell, just had one or two aspects/abilities that they're much better at.
Smith's one-trick pony ability to run the spread is his only hope of having success. Doubtful he'll ever make it, but if he can make it work, he can make it work. Campbell doesn't even have a specialty that he's good at [yet], even though it's not all his fault for all the turnover stunting him. Gradkowski edge is pocket presence and decision-making.

[quote]You can't change a my position vs. your position debate to a me vs. you debate because I don't give two craps about you as a person. It's nothing personal, but I've been on the WP a long time, and with the exception of a select few 15-20 group that makes this place fun to keep coming back to, I simply draw a line between your argument, which I am clearly passionate about, and you, who couldn't mean less to me.[/quote]Fine with me, just refrain from silliness like accusing people of blind faith when they're inferring from the evidence with regards to Shanahan's reliable track record with offense and his QBs or throwing in the aforementioned JC generalization in the middle of a post then.

Slingin Sammy 33 04-05-2010 03:53 PM

[quote=53Fan;683441]My text to my future son-in-law last night, much to my dismay a diehard Iggles fan, who in the past has only spoken of McNabb in terms usually reserved for Saints.

Text: "McNabb is now a Redskin."

Reply this morning: "Yeah I heard that on the radio this am..lol..well he is getting kinda old and washed up..I guess he will fit right in."[/quote]
The Eagles fans have traditionally been supportive of McNabb....;)

SeanTaylor21SKINS 04-05-2010 03:58 PM

I myself am happy with this trade. When was the last time we had an "old washed up quarterback?" Mark Brunell... He was more successful than both Campbell and Ramsey (two young quarterbacks) while wearing burgundy and gold. I'd much rather put my team on the shoulders of Donovan McNabb a proven veteran than a young and unproven Sam Bradford. Plus this gives the Skins an opportunity to take a ready to start left tackle in Okung with the fourth pick.

53Fan 04-05-2010 04:09 PM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;683465]The Eagles fans have traditionally been supportive of McNabb....;)[/quote]

I understand Sammy, but he absolutely worshipped McNabb. Apparently all the s**t I gave him after we kicked their a** twice in 2008, with Campbell and Zorn no less, he saw McNabb as something less than he did when he was in his prime.

mlmpetert 04-05-2010 04:09 PM

Just got my McNabb email. Danny Boy LOVES cashing in on these things:

Donovan McNabb is a Redskin! Order Your McNabb Jersey Today:

[URL="http://shop.redskins.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductSKUID=129410"]Washington Redskins[/URL]

Lotus 04-05-2010 04:11 PM

[quote=mlmpetert;683483]Just got my McNabb email. Danny Boy LOVES cashing in on these things:

[URL="http://shop.redskins.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductSKUID=129410"]Washington Redskins[/URL][/quote]

That didn't take long.

CultBrennan59 04-05-2010 04:11 PM

I'm looking at this trade and saying to myself "Is Donovan better than the QB's that are project to be second rounders right now" The obvious answer is yes, and I don't even see Clausen or Bradford coming close to being as good as McNabb will be for us this year.

Good trade, the more I think about it.

12thMan 04-05-2010 04:13 PM

First off, beast thread last night. Loved it!

Secondly, what's getting lost in the discussion, and not intentionally, is the fact that Redskins now have in McNabb a quarterback that's already acclimated to playing in the NFC East. From the inclement weather to the very hostile fans to being familiar with each team's defensive schemes. Of course the contrary is also true.

One of my knocks on JC was that he was very much a rhythm passer. If he started out with a few completions, he was on his way to having a pretty solid game. If you could disrupt him early, then the game had to be won elsewhere. Not so with McNabb; he has moxy. He could start a game with 3 interceptions and never look back. And I think more than anything else, that's what makes him a much different and superior quarterback than Jason Campbell. Campbell's stats tell you exactly how effective he's been. McNabb, on the other hand, has played some statistically bad games, yet has been able to carry his team to victory.

RedskinPete 04-05-2010 04:16 PM

I really don't like giving up what little draft picks we have but McNabb is trade is done. I ask you all will McNabb make our WR better or do we need to up grade that as well with the OL?

53Fan 04-05-2010 04:22 PM

The Ravens aren't on our schedule this year are they?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rQk1pKDRJY&feature=related]YouTube - Donovan McNabb Benched For Kevin Kolb..3 Turnovers[/ame]

Miller101 04-05-2010 04:22 PM

[quote=mlmpetert;683483]Just got my McNabb email. Danny Boy LOVES cashing in on these things:

[URL="http://shop.redskins.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductSKUID=129410"]Washington Redskins[/URL][/quote]

Yep, all about making money; not victories.

tryfuhl 04-05-2010 04:24 PM

They should've hidden the fact that there are McNabb jerseys being made available. Maybe only sell 5 of them as an act of good measure.

Right?

Miller101 04-05-2010 04:26 PM

[quote=RedskinPete;683488]I really don't like giving up what little draft picks we have but McNabb is trade is done. I ask you all will McNabb make our WR better or do we need to up grade that as well with the OL?[/quote]

No, our receivers suck. I think we should trade our 1st pick for Brandon Marshall. I mean, can we get a reciever of Marshall's talent in the 4th overall selection? NO! So, we should trade that pick away for Marshall right now. Then we'll be set everywhere except for Offensive Line and Linebacker. Thats not bad!

And just who the heck picks players on Thursday and Friday Night anyway? Kind of gay you know? We should draft everyone we're going to draft on the weekend. Thats the way its always been done and thats the way we should continue to do it.

Mechanix544 04-05-2010 04:27 PM

lol, could be!