Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Did Mcnabb open the door for TO? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=36014)

SmootSmack 04-08-2010 06:45 AM

Re: Did Mcnabb open the door for TO?

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see TO get a serious look by the Skins, still think the first choice on the Redskins part though will be to find a way to get Marshall here.

Either way, if Moss, Thomas, and Kelly are the top 3 here it won't be because that's what the Skins wanted. Thomas is the only one they are fully committed to

CRedskinsRule 04-08-2010 07:20 AM

Count me as a TO to Washington fan. He's maybe lost a bit of a step, but he will draw the opponents coverage every time. McNabb and he can have a good chemistry together, so if we have to have McNabb, then bring his best sidekick along. As opposed to the view of hindering MK/DT, it will open up schemes for them, and if they are going to produce then bonus. If they can't produce with teams focusing on TO/Moss, then they wouldn't produce by themselves.

MTK 04-08-2010 08:06 AM

They may have kissed and made up, but I don't think Donovan wants to go down that road again.

jdc65 04-08-2010 08:13 AM

I don't see it, but if for some strange reason that McNabb went to Shanahan and asked him to get T.O., then ok, go get him. I cannot see that happening however.

CRedskinsRule 04-08-2010 08:19 AM

[quote=Mattyk;685613]They may have kissed and made up, but I don't think Donovan wants to go down that road again.[/quote]

I think McNabb wants a SB, not that he'll get it, and he knows how TO and him played on the field. But it will definitely be a MS call, McNabb just has to say whether he can or cannot be in the same locker room with TO.

BigHairedAristocrat 04-08-2010 08:48 AM

I don't see TO as being enough of an upgrade over Thomas, Kelly, or Moss to justify bringing him and risking him becoming a distraction.

Id rather trade Landry and Kelly for Marshall or swap first rounders with the Broncos and send Kelly to Denver for Marshall.

CRedskinsRule 04-08-2010 08:54 AM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;685629]I don't see TO as being enough of an upgrade over Thomas, Kelly, or Moss to justify bringing him and risking him becoming a distraction.

Id rather trade Landry and Kelly for Marshall or swap first rounders with the Broncos and send Kelly to Denver for Marshall.[/quote]

I see TO as a complimentary piece, since we would keep our young receivers for the future. Marshall would clearly be a distraction, and much more costly.

Redskin Warrior 04-08-2010 09:33 AM

If they bring in T.O. or Marshall I would be happy. No more 8 man in the box against the Skins.

Mcnabb 04-08-2010 09:45 AM

I think it would be cool to have Moss, T.O., Marshall and Thomas to learn from these vets and then Marko as a fifth, Trade Kelly

SBXVII 04-08-2010 09:48 AM

You guys are funny.

But as a point T.O.'s attitude was not that bad in Dallas either. He did what he was supposed to do and kept his mouth shut. In the end he got traded. The big question is how was he a problem there? Some team members did want to see him gone but not all. Now I hear a lot of them wish he was back. I think they held too much hope in Williams.

In Buffalo he knew it was about showing he could be a team player. Again he kept his mouth shut and played the game. Even when the HC pretty much didn't utilize him during half the season. Plus he still kept his mouth shut.

I'd say I think it's obvious if we can't pick up Marshell (which I don't know how we could) then yes to T.O. If some rumors are correct that AH is being offered in a trade for Marshell then lets see what happens but I just don't see it happening. T.O. is going to be cheaper but I think he is looking for either a 2 or 3 yr deal making about 6 mill a yr. I would offer a 2 yr deal (with an out if he becomes a problem) worht about 4 or 5 mill.

Redskin Jim 04-08-2010 09:52 AM

[quote=hooskins;685533]Furthermore, if for some strange reason we get TO, it wouldnt be because of crappy show they worked on a month ago.

Also, getting McNabb makes much more sense than TO. We all know QB was a long term need over WR.

[B]Like Joseph Smith, this is dum dum dum dum dummm[/B].[/quote]
One of my favorite South Park episodes of all time!!
I would never have wanted TO a Redskin in the past, but now I don't know. If he could be drama free and productive, I guess I would welcome him into the fold..

Mcnabb 04-08-2010 09:52 AM

Trade Kelly, and swap 1sts for Marshall, Sign T.O..........Draft Okung and Our offense is top 10 if all goes well. I think we would have a powerhouse offense and a great defense like we usually do!

SBXVII 04-08-2010 09:59 AM

[quote=Mattyk;685613]They may have kissed and made up, but I don't think Donovan wants to go down that road again.[/quote]

I wonder what the issues really were. I know T.O. was mad because McNabb didn't throw to him a lot and maybe sometimes missed that he was open.

But a more mature T.O. may have learned that Reid purposely didn't want the ball to him on certain plays. In other words trying to get other WR's in the scheme of things. T.O. may not have understood things were happening behind the scene's. Perhaps McNabb was being pressured by the HC or above to get other players involved. So McNabb looks off T.O. and throws elsewhere. I don't know.

I think in the Shanahan team we will see enough ball to go around even though its supposed to be a running team. I too want to see Thomas, Kelly, and Mitchell do well, but the only one close to being a starter is Thomas and thats stretching it a bit. Hixon truly screwed them.

We need to fill ARE's void anyway. If Marshall is not available then I'd take T.O.

MTK 04-08-2010 10:03 AM

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KEGfpP9XlI]YouTube - Terrell Owens vs. Donovan McNabb[/url]

SBXVII 04-08-2010 10:04 AM

[quote=Mcnabb;685661]Trade Kelly, and swap 1sts for Marshall, Sign T.O..........Draft Okung and Our offense is top 10 if all goes well. I think we would have a powerhouse offense and a great defense like we usually do![/quote]

I like your thinking, but will it work with Denver? Okung might not be in our plans anyway since there are OT that are better in zone blocking.

Defense still scares me. Don't get me wrong we have talent. It's proven by us being top 5 several years. I'm concerned about the fact that we are changing to a 3-4 (which I like better) and not having the personel to run it or if we do the personel needs to learn their rolls. I think there will be a small learning curv. If we can be top 10 even I think we made out.