Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Holmes traded to jets. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=36052)

Ruhskins 04-12-2010 12:44 AM

Re: Holmes traded to jets.

Seems like a low-risk/high reward for the Jets. Now Sanchez has Braylon Edwards, Jericho Cotchery, and Dustin Keller to throw the ball while being protected by that all pro offensive line. Honestly, the only mistake I think the Jets did, was letting Thomas Jones go and downgrading to LT.

I guess the Steelers got rid of a troublemaker, but now they have no one for their troublemaker QB to throw the ball to.

SirClintonPortis 04-12-2010 12:45 AM

[quote=Ruhskins;686911]
I guess the Steelers got rid of a troublemaker, but now they have no one for their troublemaker QB to throw the ball to.[/quote]
Not quite. Wallace is AT LEAST decent, and can only get better.

Ruhskins 04-12-2010 12:47 AM

[quote=SirClintonPortis;686912]Not quite. Wallace is AT LEAST decent, and can only get better.[/quote]

Ok, they have ONE person that can catch.

Dirtbag59 04-12-2010 12:50 AM

[quote=SirClintonPortis;686912]Not quite. Wallace is AT LEAST decent, and can only get better.[/quote]

Mike Wallace had 756 yards on 39 receptions and 6 TD's. Hines Ward got a 1,000+ yards last year, Heath Miller is healthy again, and they got back ARE who is a solid 3rd reciever.

They're fine at receiver. With that said this is a HORRIBLE trade. This is like reverse Vinny where instead of giving up to much you sell for to little.

The Jets on the other hand are starting to look like the Lions a couple of years ago with three quality recievers (Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery), a quality Tight End, and a young QB from the west coast. Hopefully it'll end up better for them then it did for Detroit. If Sanchez can't succeed with that receiving core and O-Line then he doesn't deserve to play in the NFL.

By the way, just like Pittsburgh to steal our thunder. Here we are celebrating the one week anniversary of the McNabb trade and their go the Steelers, so desperate for attention they trade their star receiver for a Ham Sandwich and a draft pick.

Ruhskins 04-12-2010 12:56 AM

[quote=Dirtbag359;686916]Mike Wallace had 756 yards on 39 receptions and 6 TD's. Hines Ward got a 1,000+ yards last year, Heath Miller is healthy again, and they got back ARE who is a solid 3rd reciever.

They're fine at receiver. With that said this is a HORRIBLE trade. This is like reverse Vinny where instead of giving up to much you sell for to little.

The Jets on the other hand are starting to look like the Lions a couple of years ago with three quality recievers (Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery), a quality Tight End, and a young QB from the west coast. Hopefully it'll end up better for them then it did for Detroit. If Sanchez can't succeed with that receiving core and O-Line then he doesn't deserve to play in the NFL.

By the way, just like Pittsburgh to steal our thunder. Here we are celebrating the one week anniversary of the McNabb trade and their go the Steelers, so desperate for attention they trade their star receiver for a Ham Sandwich and a draft pick.[/quote]

I don't think the Lions had a defense like the Jets do. Although, in order for them to succeed, Sanchez has got to be efficient with the passing game, since I think their running game won't be as good as last year's with just Shonn Greene (unless Leon Washington is healthy and LT doesn't decompose).

Skinny Tee 04-12-2010 01:05 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;686903]Come on Skinny, you cant talk trash on our organization every time we make a move. If McNabb makes it to the PB and we are in the playoffs you won't be talking trash.[/quote]

That's the difference between me and the blind homers of the world (Not calling you a blind homer). I don't see change just for changes sake and think the new numbers on our lottery ticket could hit the jackpot.

I see the variables put in front of me and compile the given scenarios and then sum up the likely outcomes. It may be unglamourous to do that since you can't enjoy the offseason Lombardi's with the rest of the crew but it gets me by.

BTW, I don't hate McNabb, he's at least likable even when he was an eagle. I also don't think that he sucks. I DO think that he was good playing under Reid and the eagles scheme...I just don't see that translating ounce for ounce to the Skins, and playing behind our dilapidated line will be sure to prove that.

CultBrennan59 04-12-2010 03:15 AM

Limas Sweed here's your chance..

Kalisto2010 04-12-2010 04:00 AM

What a dumb move by the Steelers. I'm sure they won't show Big Ben the same courtesy. Despite his charges being far more serious than Santonio's.

dmek25 04-12-2010 06:22 AM

dumb trade? hell, the way he is going, he will be out of the league soon. seems like he would rather burn one, then follow the rules

SmootSmack 04-12-2010 08:20 AM

[quote=Skinny Tee;686919]That's the difference between me and the blind homers of the world (Not calling you a blind homer). I don't see change just for changes sake and think the new numbers on our lottery ticket could hit the jackpot.

[B]I see the variables put in front of me and compile the given scenarios and then sum up the likely outcomes.[/B] It may be unglamourous to do that since you can't enjoy the offseason Lombardi's with the rest of the crew but it gets me by.

BTW, I don't hate McNabb, he's at least likable even when he was an eagle. I also don't think that he sucks. I DO think that he was good playing under Reid and the eagles scheme...I just don't see that translating ounce for ounce to the Skins, and playing behind our dilapidated line will be sure to prove that.[/quote]

GTripp, stop hacking Skinny's account

SmootSmack 04-12-2010 08:20 AM

[quote=CultBrennan59;686924]Limas Sweed here's your chance..[/quote]

Never mind Sweed. Randle El come on down!

CRedskinsRule 04-12-2010 08:31 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;686945]Never mind Sweed. Randle El come on down![/quote]

If they teach him how to run forward I am going to be ticked!

Chico23231 04-12-2010 08:42 AM

Another good move by the Jets organization...a 5th round pick? great value

tryfuhl 04-12-2010 08:47 AM

there are some talks that Leon Washington could be heading to the Steelers as well, but since he hasn't signed his tender yet they can't really do much with that

SFREDSKIN 04-12-2010 09:13 AM

[quote=Dirtbag359;686910][url=http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50271&page=2] it wouldn't be close the last few years if they were but there is a certain hockey team that I love to hate.[/quote]

This is the Caps year!! I'm pissed that Crosby beat Ovi for the goal lead but at least Stamkos tied Crosby, F... Crosby and the Pens!!