Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=36151)

KI Skins Fan 04-17-2010 10:22 AM

Re: Predict Our Five Starters On the O-Line

Okung, Dockery, Rabach, Rinehart, Hicks

I think we'll see a line that is a little more athletic than in the past. Having M.Williams and Flozell Adams on the right side would make for one glacially slow and ponderous tandem.

ethat001 04-17-2010 11:39 AM

We've only picked up ONE offensive lineman so far this offseason. Even if we get Okung, we're back to the crappy O-line we started with last year before before Samuels goes out. I think we're waiting until after the draft for a reason. I'm hoping that the 6+ teams that take the top OT's in the draft release some of their older overpaid linemen after the draft -- and then we snatch them up.

So since we haven't even started to bolster our O-line, and I predict there will be at least 2-3 names we don't know yet who are involved in this mix. Of course, Flozell may be an one of them..

SmootSmack 04-17-2010 12:11 PM

[quote=ethat001;689396]We've only picked up ONE offensive lineman so far this offseason. Even if we get Okung, we're back to the crappy O-line we started with last year before before Samuels goes out. I think we're waiting until after the draft for a reason. I'm hoping that the 6+ teams that take the top OT's in the draft release some of their older overpaid linemen after the draft -- and then we snatch them up.

So since we haven't even started to bolster our O-line, and I predict there will be at least 2-3 names we don't know yet who are involved in this mix. Of course, Flozell may be an one of them..[/quote]

Two-Lichtensteiger and Hicks

skinsnut 04-17-2010 12:53 PM

Flozell Adams, Dockery, Rabach, M. Williams, Trent Williams

Gmanc711 04-17-2010 12:57 PM

Williams/Okung, Dockery, Rabach, Williams, Heyer.

I'd really like to pick up a guy like Flozell Adams as a one season stop gap at right tackle I dont know a ton about Hicks, but from what I read it seems like he's more suited for gaurd, so I think him and Mike Williams will battle for that spot.

I'd really like to get some competition in at center as well.

vallin21 04-17-2010 01:06 PM

T. Williams, Dockery, Rabach, Hicks, Heyer/ Draft pick

I'm not sold on Heyer, and Flozell starts 2 secs early every snap which would piss MS off. If we're lucky we get a 4th for JC, maybe a 3rd for Rocky and the Rams 3rd for AH. T.Williams at #4 might be a reach, but Shanahan likes to take risks and Williams fits his zone blocking scheme more than Okung.

SFREDSKIN 04-17-2010 01:06 PM

[quote=Gmanc711;689413]I'd really like to get some competition in at center as well.[/quote]

Mawae is available, I'd sign to a 1 year contract.

CultBrennan59 04-17-2010 01:24 PM

How about this one

Bushrod Dockery Rabach Hicks Colon

We draft eric berry

trade campbell for Colon

trade Andre Carter and Rocky McIntosh for Bushrod and a 3rd

SFREDSKIN 04-17-2010 01:25 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;689422]trade campbell for Colon[/quote]

and some cocktails :)

GTripp0012 04-17-2010 02:17 PM

I really have no idea who the day one starting RT will be. I'm thinking that we're going to have to get pretty creative to figure it out; a trade of some sort.

KI Skins Fan 04-17-2010 02:37 PM

What's with all the Trent Williams talk all of a sudden? If we're talking about picking him because of a trade down out of the #4 spot, then OK. But if we're talking about picking him over Okung at #4, then NO WAY! Okung is clearly the better player - in any system.

12thMan 04-17-2010 02:57 PM

Trent Williams has played both RT and LT. So yeah, Okung might be the best LT prospect, but a guy like Trent Williams could slide over to RT while we plug in another vet at LT.

And for what it's worth, there's not a lot of space between the top five prospects at tackle, in my opinion. I've seen a few draft boards with Trent Williams as the top tackle in the draft, although the overwhelming consensus is that Okung is the better of the two. But not by much.

As far as Hicks is concerned, I'm not really sold on him. It would be nice to see Chad R. just kick some ass in camp this year and lock down the right guard position.

12thMan 04-17-2010 03:03 PM

Wouldn't it be something if the Skins traded down and ended up with both Trent Williams and Bruce Campbell from Maryland.

Two rookie tackles - how you like them apples!!

Paintrain 04-17-2010 03:11 PM

[quote=12thMan;689437]Wouldn't it be something if the Skins traded down and ended up with both Trent Williams and Bruce Campbell from Maryland.

Two rookie tackles - how you like them apples!![/quote]

If one of them apples is Bruce Campbell I think I'd end up with a tummy ache. He's got workout warrior bust written ALL over him.

12thMan 04-17-2010 03:22 PM

[quote=Paintrain;689438]If one of them apples is Bruce Campbell I think I'd end up with a tummy ache. He's got workout warrior bust written ALL over him.[/quote]

Huh, you're not a fan:( I think he's worth taking in the second tho.