Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Draft News for the Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=36163)

SkinsfanNTX 04-17-2010 11:34 AM

Draft News for the Warpath

I know someone who is friends with Michael Bush of the Oakland Raiders. This is what he informed his friend about the Raiders and the Redskins in the first round:

If Trent Williams OT Oklahoma falls to the Raiders they will take him at #8 as of this moment. If he does not, expect the Raiders to draft Joe Haden CB Florida. The Raiders are not happy with the corner situation opposite Asomugha and also feel that Nnamdi will leave the organization when his contract is up so corner back is a priority. They are pretty sure Williams will not fall to the Raiders since they believe [B]the Redskins will take him ahead of us because they are working on a trade with Cleveland. It is believed that Cleveland wants to move up to get Clausen and if that happens the Redskins will draft Williams at #7. [/B]

If this happens, it would be great news for Redskin fans because we get a LT at a lower draft position and pick up some more picks to help bolster our roster. I guess will see next Thursday. I just wanted to pass this along.

rbanerjee23 04-17-2010 11:40 AM

Re: Draft News for the Warpath

Wow, if that happens it would be awesome...I don't know why Cleveland would want to move up though, is there really any chance that the teams at 4, 5, or 6 would pick up Clausen?

johno 04-17-2010 11:42 AM

nice! i am cool with this move. draft day is going to be very exciting!

SmootSmack 04-17-2010 11:54 AM

[quote=SkinsfanNTX;689395]I know someone who is friends with Michael Bush of the Oakland Raiders. This is what he informed his friend about the Raiders and the Redskins in the first round:

If Trent Williams OT Oklahoma falls to the Raiders they will take him at #8 as of this moment. If he does not, expect the Raiders to draft Joe Haden CB Florida. The Raiders are not happy with the corner situation opposite Asomugha and also feel that Nnamdi will leave the organization when his contract is up so corner back is a priority. They are pretty sure Williams will not fall to the Raiders since they believe [B]the Redskins will take him ahead of us because they are working on a trade with Cleveland. It is believed that Cleveland wants to move up to get Clausen and if that happens the Redskins will draft Williams at #7. [/B]

If this happens, it would be great news for Redskin fans because we get a LT at a lower draft position and pick up some more picks to help bolster our roster. I guess will see next Thursday. I just wanted to pass this along.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Interesting that Michael Bush would have a sense of what these teams want to do.

But a lot of it makes sense, I've believed for a while that Trent Williams is the guy the Redskins are targeting. I don't know that they can drop all the way to 7 to get him though, with both KC and Seattle probably wanting OL as well.

I think Holmgren's anti-Clausen comments are a bit of a smokescreen. I don't think he'd mind having him at all. That said though, he can take him at 7. Unless he really believes the rumors that Seattle might actually take Clausen at #6 (I don't see it). I think if anything, Browns want to move up to #4 to get Eric Berry before the Chiefs have a chance to. That'll be moot though if the Bucs swoop in and take Berry at #3.

As for the Raiders, who knows what they're thinking is. Everybody from Haden to Campbell (Bruce, not Jason) to JPP to McLain has been rumored to be going there

In a Wash-Clev trade I wonder what we would get?

Can't wait for Thursday!

SkinsfanNTX 04-17-2010 12:02 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;689399]Thanks for the info. Interesting that Michael Bush would have a sense of what these teams want to do.

But a lot of it makes sense, I've believed for a while that Trent Williams is the guy the Redskins are targeting. I don't know that they can drop all the way to 7 to get him though, with both KC and Seattle probably wanting OL as well.

I think Holmgren's anti-Clausen comments are a bit of a smokescreen. I don't think he'd mind having him at all. That said though, he can take him at 7. Unless he really believes the rumors that Seattle might actually take Clausen at #6 (I don't see it). I think if anything, Browns want to move up to #4 to get Eric Berry before the Chiefs have a chance to. That'll be moot though if the Bucs swoop in and take Berry at #3.

As for the Raiders, who knows what they're thinking is. Everybody from Haden to Campbell (Bruce, not Jason) to JPP to McLain has been rumored to be going there

In a Wash-Clev trade I wonder what we would get?

Can't wait for Thursday![/quote]

I could see us getting their two #3 picks (71) and (92 from Jets). The trade value chart would have the Skins giving up 1800 pts. and the Browns 1867 pts. so it would be a wash.

Beemnseven 04-17-2010 12:13 PM

[quote=rbanerjee23;689397]Wow, if that happens it would be awesome...I don't know why Cleveland would want to move up though, is there really any chance that the teams at 4, 5, or 6 would pick up Clausen?[/quote]

Cleveland needs a QB in a bad way, and it looks like the Rams are going to take Bradford. The Browns need a way to bypass Seattle to make sure they can get Clausen by trading with us; they have 5 selections in the first 92 picks, so it's possible. The Seahawks need someone to replace Hasslebeck.

Assuming this is true, of course.

KI Skins Fan 04-17-2010 12:16 PM

[quote=SkinsfanNTX;689400]I could see us getting their two #3 picks (71) and (92 from Jets). The trade value chart would have the Skins giving up 1800 pts. and the Browns 1867 pts. so it would be a wash.[/quote]

That would give us 5 picks in the top 100 and 7 picks total. Then it's possible that we could gain even more picks by trading JC and others. I'm beginning to wonder if the plan is to stock up on young players in what is said to be a deep draft.

SmootSmack 04-17-2010 12:20 PM

[quote=Beemnseven;689403]Cleveland needs a QB in a bad way, and it looks like the Rams are going to take Bradford. The Browns need a way to bypass Seattle to make sure they can get Clausen by trading with us; they have 5 selections in the first 92 picks, so it's possible. The Seahawks need someone to replace Hasslebeck.

Assuming this is true, of course.[/quote]

Seattle has some luxury to take Clausen in the first round since they have two first round picks...but I'd have a hard time as a fan understanding why they would commit so much to Whitehurst and then turn around and draft Clausen

theJBexperience 04-17-2010 12:26 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;689399].

[/quote]

Good point. If they do want OL, hopefully, they draft Okung and Bulaga. Then, we'd still haveTrent Williams at 7. If that didn't pan out, it wouldn't be that bad for the Skins to draft Bulaga and pick up some more picks.

Beemnseven 04-17-2010 01:39 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;689406]Seattle has some luxury to take Clausen in the first round since they have two first round picks...but I'd have a hard time as a fan understanding why they would commit so much to Whitehurst and then turn around and draft Clausen[/quote]

Didn't know about Whitehurst -- that could crush my theory.

Here's a question though:

If trading down meant that we would miss out on BOTH Russell Okung and Trent Williams, but you could collect picks in the second and third round, plus still have one somewhere in the 1st, would you bite?

SmootSmack 04-17-2010 01:49 PM

[quote=Beemnseven;689426]Didn't know about Whitehurst -- that could crush my theory.

Here's a question though:

If trading down meant that we would miss out on BOTH Russell Okung and Trent Williams, but you could collect picks in the second and third round, plus still have one somewhere in the 1st, would you bite?[/quote]

Yes 11 times out of 10

johno 04-17-2010 01:58 PM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;689404]That would give us 5 picks in the top 100 and 7 picks total. Then it's possible that we could gain even more picks by trading JC and others. I'm beginning to wonder if the plan is to stock up on young players in what is said to be a deep draft.[/quote]

wait, how would that give us 5 picks in the top 100? i was under the impression the only pick we have right now in the top 100 is #4. If we add two 3rd rounders, that would only bring our total top 100 picks to 3. i could be completely wrong, just wondering.

Beemnseven 04-17-2010 01:58 PM

^ Okay, I guess you're assuming we'd still get a good O-tackle somewhere in the first?

CultBrennan59 04-17-2010 02:13 PM

We shouldn't take Williams over Okung..we just shouldn't!

backrow 04-17-2010 03:31 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;689427]Yes 11 times out of 10[/quote]

Provided we could still pick up a late 1st rounder, I'd do that deal all day long in order to gain even more picks. I'd be willing to throw picks at the current roster in order to see what sticks!

Just wish we could have handled the 3 2nd rounders better a couple of years ago. Ahhh Vinnie. What were you watching?

Ohhh, that's right, with your bad eyes, you were looking in 2 different directions at the same time. Poorly, I might add.