Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ndamukong Suh-The Generous Giant (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=36165)

SmootSmack 04-17-2010 05:54 PM

Ndamukong Suh-The Generous Giant

Impressive

[url=http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Suh-won-t-wait-to-make-Husker-weight-room-his-2?urn=ncaaf,234877]Suh won't wait to make Husker weight room his $2 million neighborhood - Dr. Saturday - NCAAF Blog - Yahoo! Sports[/url]

Dirtbag59 04-17-2010 05:58 PM

Re: Ndamukong Suh-The Generous Giant

Is this an advance from his agent on his expected contract?

NYCskinfan82 04-17-2010 06:02 PM

It's nice to have/soon have lots of $$$$$. Wish i had $$$$ like that so i could do something like that.

SmootSmack 04-17-2010 06:07 PM

[quote=Dirtbag359;689475]Is this an advance from his agent on his expected contract?[/quote]

He hasn't actually given the money yet. He's just pledged to give money from his first NFL contract (which should be well over $2 million) back to Nebraska.

Ga Ga ooh la la...you and me could write a bad romance...oh oh oh ohhhhh...sorry got carried away by your sig

jdc65 04-17-2010 07:42 PM

I really want Okung at 4, but if Detroit takes him at 2, then I will be praying that Tampa takes McCoy. No way, in my opinion, can we pass on Suh.
Sure would make the loss of Albert, if it happens, a lot less painful.

rbanerjee23 04-17-2010 08:02 PM

Did you guys watch the Sports science feature on him...he's faster than Tony Romo (He hit a max speed of 13.5 mph in 1.34 seconds at the 6 yard line) and hits harder than Ray Lewis (3200 lbs of force -- to give you some context, a normal car weighs about 1.5 to 2 tons and that is the kind of force he hits you with). I could think of a lot worse things than him falling to us at number 4

Dirtbag59 04-17-2010 08:57 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;689481]He hasn't actually given the money yet. He's just pledged to give money from his first NFL contract (which should be well over $2 million) back to Nebraska.

Ga Ga ooh la la...you and me could write a bad romance...oh oh oh ohhhhh...sorry got carried away by your sig[/quote]

I always thought that agents gave players advances on salaries which is part of the reason the NCAA doesn't want them anywhere near eligible college athletes. Still even if they do give advances I guess that $2 million is a little steep.

As far as the Gaga song, right now I think it does a good job of summing up the Caps in the playoffs right now, simply a Bad Romance.

artmonkforhallofamein07 04-17-2010 09:55 PM

[quote=Dirtbag359;689510]I always thought that agents gave players advances on salaries which is part of the reason the NCAA doesn't want them anywhere near eligible college athletes. Still even if they do give advances I guess that $2 million is a little steep.

As far as the Gaga song, right now I think it does a good job of summing up the Caps in the playoffs right now, simply a Bad Romance.[/quote]

UNTIL NOW!! GOAL GOAL GOAL!!
Hell of a third period and Backstrom is the MAN!!!

Dirtbag59 04-17-2010 09:57 PM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;689513]UNTIL NOW!! GOAL GOAL GOAL!!
Hell of a third period and Backstrom is the MAN!!![/quote]

F That. I hate these guys. If you're going to give me hope they better come through. Still your right it's one hell of a game. Just wish we didn't have to deal with it until we were on Lord Stanley's doorstep.

Edit: Oh my God. Thats awesome but I got kicked out of the cubical I was using to watch the game right before overtime was about to stop (school has an internet connection that's at least 20 times more powerful then my appartment and thats not an exageration). Still glad to see them come through. All hail John Carlson.

artmonkforhallofamein07 04-17-2010 10:23 PM

:) What a way to pull the game out of thier asses.

That goal to end the game was an instant classic. Through the defenders legs right to the back of the net.

Dirt if you didn't catch it, I am sure you will see a replay on Sportcenter at some point. It was a pretty immaculate shot.

internetcareer 04-17-2010 10:29 PM

This is one of the reason so many athletes are broke and bankrupt at the end of their careers. Spending money that that don't already have. And once they get money, they IMMEDIATELY spend it like they will always have a plentiful supply of it. In my opinion, his agent is trash because he is not mentoring his client and putting some conservative values on him, and teaching him patience.

SmootSmack 04-17-2010 10:38 PM

[quote=internetcareer;689527]This is one of the reason so many athletes are broke and bankrupt at the end of their careers. Spending money that that don't already have. And once they get money, they IMMEDIATELY spend it like they will always have a plentiful supply of it. In my opinion, his agent is trash because he is not mentoring his client and putting some conservative values on him, and teaching him patience.[/quote]

Interesting perspective

Dirtbag59 04-17-2010 10:46 PM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;689525]:) What a way to pull the game out of thier asses.

That goal to end the game was an instant classic. Through the defenders legs right to the back of the net.

Dirt if you didn't catch it, I am sure you will see a replay on Sportcenter at some point. It was a pretty immaculate shot.[/quote]

I did, actually I snuck upstairs and plugged my computer into an ethernet jack and all the while I was waiting I remember thinking "damn this is pretty long for a pre-OT intermission." Then they suddenly came back from commercial and started talking about Backstrom's goal.

It was a bummer not seeing it live in part because I remember the feeling of elation and the stupid smile on my face for goals 3, 4, and 5. Fortunately I missed the Canadians 5th goal so I guess it evens out but damn 11 goals in one game. They certainly keep it interesting but I don't know if I can handle this through June. At this rate I'm going to have a heart attack.

Ruhskins 04-17-2010 11:02 PM

[quote=internetcareer;689527]This is one of the reason so many athletes are broke and bankrupt at the end of their careers. Spending money that that don't already have. And once they get money, they IMMEDIATELY spend it like they will always have a plentiful supply of it. In my opinion, his agent is trash because he is not mentoring his client and putting some conservative values on him, and teaching him patience.[/quote]

Well it's not like he's already buying a solid gold/diamond encrusted hummer. And wouldn't that be a 2 million dollar tax write off?

celts32 04-17-2010 11:09 PM

This guy is going to make more money then a reasonable person could spend in a lifetime. If he ends up broke it will be from many more stupid decisions then giving the school that helped make him a couple mil.