Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ndamukong Suh-The Generous Giant (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=36165)

Dirtbag59 04-17-2010 11:20 PM

Re: Ndamukong Suh-The Generous Giant

[quote=celts32;689541]This guy is going to make more money then a reasonable person could spend in a lifetime. If he ends up broke it will be from many more stupid decisions then giving the school that helped make him a couple mil.[/quote]

Worst case scenario, he'll have a place to stay. "Hey man wake up, I need to use this bench."

GMScud 04-17-2010 11:44 PM

[quote=internetcareer;689527]This is one of the reason so many athletes are broke and bankrupt at the end of their careers. Spending money that that don't already have. And once they get money, they IMMEDIATELY spend it like they will always have a plentiful supply of it. In my opinion, his agent is trash because he is not mentoring his client and putting some conservative values on him, and teaching him patience.[/quote]

Dead wrong. Ever hear an interview with Suh? He's very intelligent and well spoken, and from what I read had a very good upbringing. He'll be a top 5 pick, which in this year's draft probably means at least $30M in guarantees. It's not like he's going out spending money on ridiculous jewelry, cars, and houses. He's helping improve his alma mater, which provided him the venue that lead to such a payday. Blasting someone for donating $2M to a university when that's just a fraction of their net worth is pretty dumb. Plus like Ruhskins said, that's a big write off. Also, if I had to guess, that money will be donated over a period of time, not in one lump sum.

I applaud his decision.

hooskins 04-17-2010 11:53 PM

[quote=GMScud;689556]Dead wrong. Ever hear an interview with Suh? He's very intelligent and well spoken, and from what I read had a very good upbringing. He'll be a top 5 pick, which in this year's draft probably means at least $30M in guarantees. It's not like he's going out spending money on ridiculous jewelry, cars, and houses. He's helping improve his alma mater, which provided him the venue that lead to such a payday. Blasting someone for donating $2M to a university when that's just a fraction of their net worth is pretty dumb. Plus like Ruhskins said, that's a big write off. Also, if I had to guess, that money will be donated over a period of time, not in one lump sum.

I applaud his decision.[/quote]

Yupp he is a smart kid. I dont care where you go, but Engineering is butt hard and requires a ton of time commitment. Being a top NCAA player and graduating out of engineering is a huge accomplishment. I had a roommate who played as a FB on our team. And yeah UVA is a terrible football program currently but the time commitment was insane. He basically had two-a-days, film study, other team bonding shit, etc. all day plus classes. Maybe 30 mins for himself in a day. Maybe.