Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Report: skins say they will pick a qb with the 4th pick.. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=36172)

skinsfaninok 04-18-2010 09:11 PM

Report: skins say they will pick a qb with the 4th pick..

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/18/redskins-are-putting-out-the-word-that-theyre-taking-a-quarterback/]Redskins are putting out the word that they're taking a quarterback | ProFootballTalk.com[/url]

skinsfaninok 04-18-2010 09:12 PM

Re: Report: skins say they will pick a qb with the 4th pick..

Smoke screen or not? Help me out smoot smack

SmootSmack 04-18-2010 09:18 PM

They're going to draft Eric Berry at #4, trade a 3rd in 2011 and Landry to New Orleans for Jammal Brown and a 5th in 2010, send Rocky McIntosh to Seattle for a 4th, trade Carter to St. Louis for Adam Carriker and a 6th, and Haynesworth to Detroit for their 2nd which which they'll use to take Colt McCoy...

And I just made all that up. I would think it's a smokescreen, would hope so as well.

Mechanix544 04-18-2010 09:22 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;689754]They're going to draft Eric Berry at #4, trade a 3rd in 2011 and Landry to New Orleans for Jammal Brown and a 5th in 2010, send Rocky McIntosh to Seattle for a 4th, trade Carter to St. Louis for Adam Carriker and a 6th, and Haynesworth to Detroit for their 2nd which which they'll use to take Colt McCoy...

And I just made all that up. I would think it's a smokescreen, would hope so as well.[/quote]

LOL, nice pick up at the #2.

BRRRRRRRILLIANT!!!!!

NYCskinfan82 04-18-2010 09:26 PM

I think they want to trade back the realise they need more picks, i read a rumor on one of these post cleveland wants to trade up their 1st (7) & 2 3rd round picks if we do that now we have more picks, phily wants Berry i read another rumor their 1st (24) & 2 2nd round picks imagine pulling of both of those trade downs we would go from having 4 picks to 8 picks.

johno 04-18-2010 09:27 PM

blowing smoke, and is anyone buying it? i think not.

SmootSmack 04-18-2010 09:35 PM

What Tampa does at 3 is going to be critical. If they take Berry we're kind of screwed, but if they take McCoy and Berry is there for us at 4 there are at least a couple of teams who may be willing to talk with us to jump KC to get Berry

NYCskinfan82 04-18-2010 09:40 PM

This week is going to be crazy, it reminds me of Christmas i don't think i've ever been this excited about a draft & we don't have that many picks.

wilsowilso 04-18-2010 09:43 PM

It's not an effective strategy. Not that the organization is actually saying this. Anyways only SmootSmack really knows what we are up to.

wilsowilso 04-18-2010 09:48 PM

Where is this Berry stuff coming from? Is that a possibilty? Getting rid of Laron? That would make my day!

NYCskinfan82 04-18-2010 09:51 PM

[quote=wilsowilso;689764]Where is this Berry stuff coming from? Is that a possibilty? Getting rid of Laron? That would make my day![/quote]

I think Berry would be a FS, I heard he's a ball hawk. LL is huge have you seen the pics, he's definitely playing SS. If they both stay/drafted on the Skins.

backrow 04-18-2010 09:57 PM

One acronym describes Pro Football Talk: Pft!

(Sounds almost like a repressed very short laugh through your nose)

skinsfaninok 04-18-2010 10:04 PM

Scary thing is SS , your logic actually looks like a possibility lol. I seriously doubt we take clausen at 4 and I would be dissapointed if we did. Okung or trade down is what Im hoping..

SmootSmack 04-18-2010 10:09 PM

I've solved the smokescreen mystery!

[url=http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/041510dnsponfldraftqbconversions.248e01ae4.html]Passing on quarterback may pay off for draft prospects Eric Berry, Joe Haden | Sports News | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News[/url]

As an All-America free safety, [B]Eric Berry was the quarterback[/B] of the University of Tennessee defense.

college scholarship offers to play [B]quarterback[/B]

Berry has no doubts he could have made it as a major-college [B]quarterback[/B] had he opted to stay on offense.

CultBrennan59 04-18-2010 10:11 PM

don't care about this bs smoke screens...the draft is about four days away though

rbanerjee23 04-18-2010 10:16 PM

They're just saying that so that Cleveland will want to trade up from the 7th

The Goat 04-18-2010 10:45 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;689761]What Tampa does at 3 is going to be critical. If they take Berry we're kind of screwed, but if they take McCoy and Berry is there for us at 4 there are at least a couple of teams who may be willing to talk with us to jump KC to get Berry[/quote]

Does this assume 1) Okung is falling to 4 and 2) nobody will be willing to trade up to get him?

SFREDSKIN 04-18-2010 10:58 PM

This year's draft class is loaded with talent and the Redskins having the 4th overall pick , a 4th, 5th and 7th round pick have to make a move to get some of that talent. Trading down would be the smartest thing to do since they have needs in the OL and LB positions as the primary areas of need. You can still get a decent OL late in the 1st/2nd round, he might not start right away or he might after 8 games, you go out and sign someone like Flozell Adams as insurance with experience (who gives a shit that he played for the cowboys, McNabb played for the eagles) and fill the LB holes.

diehard 04-18-2010 11:13 PM

I'm glad I took my vacation this week (tomorrow's my birthday too). I'm getting stressed out.

drew54 04-18-2010 11:37 PM

If this is true, why trade for McNabb. Campbell could have had his body beat down behind the oline in transition for a year before the new guy is thrown to the wolves.

If this is not a smoke screen, it sure is a head scratcher.

Dlyne8r 04-18-2010 11:57 PM

[quote=NYCskinfan82;689758]I think they want to trade back the realise they need more picks, i read a rumor on one of these post cleveland wants to trade up their 1st (7) & 2 3rd round picks if we do that now we have more picks, phily wants Berry i read another rumor their 1st (24) & 2 2nd round picks imagine pulling of both of those trade downs we would go from having 4 picks to 8 picks.[/quote]

Wow...that was painful to read, or [I]attempt[/I] to read. Wish we had spell check and a grammer check on this site. How about we just proof read what the hell we are typing! :rant:

Ruhskins 04-19-2010 12:15 AM

Why the hell are we even paying attention to f'ing PFT?

Prepare yourself for crazy stuff like this in the next couple of days.

jdc65 04-19-2010 12:30 AM

I think they are dying to get more picks, and realize they are in a bad spot. No one wants to move up into the #4 spot, and give up picks. They don't have a valuable 2nd round pick anymore to trade, and no one will trade for their 4th round pick. They can't use any of their current picks to parley into additional picks.

And no one will give any decent value for their current players; Haynesworth, Campbell, McIntosh, Carter, and they are stuck in no man's land of a great draft class with no chance to take advantage.

In short, They are Screwed, and They Know it!

GTripp0012 04-19-2010 12:33 AM

[quote=jdc65;689797]And no one will give any decent value for their current players; Haynesworth, Campbell, McIntosh, Carter, and they are stuck in no man's land of a great draft class with no chance to take advantage.[/quote]It was 2 weeks ago that they traded the 37th overall pick for Donovan McNabb. If they just now realized now that this is a historically strong draft class, they are unfit to run a team.

Lotus 04-19-2010 12:44 AM

Next thing we know Shanny will be selling the Brooklyn Bridge.

Skinny Tee 04-19-2010 12:53 AM

So is Haynesworth's retention a smokescreen or are the trade bait rumors the smokescreen?

Nomad 04-19-2010 12:56 AM

Much to do about nothing..... if we get berry, landry moves to SS, I'm betting we trade back!

tootergray34 04-19-2010 01:48 AM

[quote=NYCskinfan82;689765]I think Berry would be a FS, I heard he's a ball hawk. LL is huge have you seen the pics, he's definitely playing SS. If they both stay/drafted on the Skins.[/quote]

yeah he is definatlely looking SWOLL PATROL like a 240 lb TANK.

ps...I also heard he can eat thunder and crap lightning.

KC625 04-19-2010 06:02 AM

[quote=diehard;689788]I'm glad I took my vacation this week (tomorrow's my birthday too). I'm getting stressed out.[/quote]

HAPPY BDAY DIEHARD! Basically everything coming out of DC is a smoke screen. Just watch the 18 minute interview with MS on redskins.com. He didn't really answer a single question posed to him and niether did Allen.

Ken,
Virginia Beach

mooby 04-19-2010 06:47 AM

Man after everything I've seen on Berry he looks like the real deal. I've never been more impressed with a prospect that I knew we didn't stand a chance of drafting. He's gonna be starting from day 1 and I'd be very suprised if he didn't become a Pro Bowler within the next 2 seasons.

johno 04-19-2010 07:01 AM

[quote=Skinny Tee;689801]So is Haynesworth's retention a smokescreen or are the trade bait rumors the smokescreen?[/quote]

us taking a qb at 4 is the smokescreen i was calling out. i also think that haynesworth will be retained because we wont get enough value for him from anyone.

SmootSmack 04-19-2010 07:32 AM

[quote=The Goat;689782]Does this assume 1) Okung is falling to 4 and 2) nobody will be willing to trade up to get him?[/quote]

Yes and yes

CrustyRedskin 04-19-2010 08:52 AM

Noooo i just looked at Eric Berry highlights on utube and im sold lets pick him!!!! We dont need an o-lineman!!!!

backrow 04-19-2010 09:14 AM

I don't know where they will have room for all of our potential draft picks.

I read where the team had 75 guys at our "Voluntary Mini-Camp". :joke:

MTK 04-19-2010 09:21 AM

This close to the draft every word coming from teams should be considered a smokescreen

CRedskinsRule 04-19-2010 09:27 AM

Matt Terl redskinsblog

I like this: "Washington's Bruce Allen & Mike Shanahan are championship smokescreeners or simply uninformative." From @SI_PeterKIng's MMQB.

redsk1 04-19-2010 09:40 AM

The Skins FO has done a good job of giving no hints as to what in the world they are going to do at 4. I hope we have some major trade options available.

PFT: Smokescreen.

hooskins 04-19-2010 09:47 AM

Like PFT says, if Bradford slips we would probably pick him. But how will that possibly happen?

hooskins 04-19-2010 09:47 AM

Dont we also have 5 QBs on our current roster.

SmokinSkins 04-19-2010 09:56 AM

Berry can do it all. Almost all of those 14 interceptions were in his first two years.
Monte then changed the Defense and what Berry's role was. The Vols were paper thin at LB position and Berry played the run his last year. He can lay a nasty hit on you and can tackle in the open field. He will make any defense better in mutiple ways.

We need a big ugly, but passing on Berry will be a historical mistake. He will be a HOF.