Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Meetup (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-meetup/)
-   -   Draft Evening (4/22) Meetup in Bethesda (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-meetup/36226-draft-evening-4-22-meetup-bethesda.html)

BrudLee 04-21-2010 12:46 PM

Draft Evening (4/22) Meetup in Bethesda

Hi! Remember me? I used to moderate here...

New job in the district has kept me very busy, but I still bleed the B&G. Anyway, I won a VIP party at a restaurant in Bethesda - on Draft Day. They have no idea how ugly that can get. From 8-11 (if you mention my name) you get $3 You-Call-Its. (I tried "bucket of scotch". They didn't think I was funny.) Some free eats. Show up if you are in the area and have no plans. It's a legitimate restaurant, so act like Barry Sanders in the end zone (i.e. you've been there before).

[B][SIZE="3"]BlackFinn Restaurant & Saloon[/SIZE][/B]
4901 Fairmont Ave
Bethesda, MD 20814

Mention "Brud Lee" (or "William Lee" if you have pronunciation anxiety) to get a wristband. No charge/cover, and cheap drinks. Plus, you'll hear me spew torrents of obscenities when they pick Clausen.

Just kidding. I hope.

tryfuhl 04-21-2010 12:51 PM

Re: Draft Evening (4/22) Meetup in Bethesda

[IMG]http://www.thewarpath.net/images/mod.jpg[/IMG]

Looks like you still do!

Can't make it but thanks for the offer, sounds good.

GMScud 04-21-2010 12:59 PM

[quote=BrudLee;691057]Hi! Remember me? I used to moderate here...

New job in the district has kept me very busy, but I still bleed the B&G. Anyway, I won a VIP party at a restaurant in Bethesda - on Draft Day. They have no idea how ugly that can get. From 8-11 (if you mention my name) you get $3 You-Call-Its. (I tried "bucket of scotch". They didn't think I was funny.) Some free eats. Show up if you are in the area and have no plans. It's a legitimate restaurant, so act like Barry Sanders in the end zone (i.e. you've been there before).

[B][SIZE=3]BlackFinn Restaurant & Saloon[/SIZE][/B]
4901 Fairmont Ave
Bethesda, MD 20814

Mention "Brud Lee" (or "William Lee" if you have pronunciation anxiety) to get a wristband. No charge/cover, and cheap drinks. Plus, you'll hear me spew torrents of obscenities when they pick Clausen.

Just kidding. I hope.[/quote]

BlackFinn is close to one of the restaurants in the restaurant group I work for. It's sort of a legitimate restaurant by day and in the early evening, but after about 10pm on Thursdays (and Fridays and Satrudays) that place is like a college club. Balls to the wall. But they do have pretty good bar food, and lots of big HD TV's. I'm off tomorrow and was thinking of watching the draft at Caddie's in Bethesda (the owner is a friend of mine). I may swing by BlackFinn for a beer though.

Pretty cool that you won a party there. Should be good times.

SmootSmack 04-21-2010 03:05 PM

[quote=BrudLee;691057]Hi! Remember me? I used to moderate here...

[B][SIZE="3"]BlackFinn Restaurant & Saloon[/SIZE][/B]
4901 Fairmont Ave
Bethesda, MD 20814

Just kidding. I hope.[/quote]

Welcome back!