Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Saturday wraps up 2010 Draft. Rounds 4-7 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=36273)

skinsfan_nn 04-24-2010 01:28 AM

Saturday wraps up 2010 Draft. Rounds 4-7

As we finally get to pick again with a early 5th pick in the fourth round.

Bruce Campbell is still sitting waiting to be drafted. This guys stock has dropped and could be a good option. Being it can be even more hit or miss in this part of the draft, I would draft the best player available. I would like or hope to see Bruce have a high grade on our draft board and get additional OL needs addressed this season. If not possibly LB,RB or DB.

What would you elect to do with the early pick in the 4th round (103rd overall) if it was your choice to pick what player or position to address? After the 4th only two more selections as stands now one 5th (163) and 7th (208).

Thoughts and discuss final day of 2010 Draft.

[URL="http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Draft_Central_1080.jsp"]Draft Central[/URL]

johno 04-24-2010 01:33 AM

Re: Saturday wraps up 2010 Draft. Rounds 4-7

bruce campbell wouldnt be a bad call here. i mean its the 4th round.

DCtoAZ 04-24-2010 01:34 AM

I like this move for Bruce Campbell

Dirtbag59 04-24-2010 01:34 AM

OKUNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! Wait what?

tootergray34 04-24-2010 01:45 AM

yeah, for me...this pick is between two people, either bruce campbell or Joe McKnight. gotta get younger at RB and it would fit the MOLD of a shanny pick.

tryfuhl 04-24-2010 01:51 AM

Idk!

GMScud 04-24-2010 01:54 AM

I made the same mistake with my brain-fart impulse 6 hours early round 1 draft thread. Gotta be in the NFL Draft Central Forum.

Dirtbag59 04-24-2010 01:56 AM

Seahawks are having one hell of a draft. They get two guys that could possibly emerge (note; possibly) as the best players at their respective positions within the 10' draft class in Thomas and Okung and then they get another great prospect in Golden Tate. Not trading for Marshall is one of those moves that the Seahawks were smart not to make.

Then of course let us not forget the signing of Charlie :D

Dirtbag59 04-24-2010 02:50 AM

Why Bruce Campbell has fallen:
[quote]Campbell is a good sized left tackle prospect that is a bit ahead of the curve, technique wise, over most underclass linemen. He is quick to set the edge and does a good job of jamming opponents with heavy hands and can be quick to get a refit when the pass rusher slaps his hands away.[B] He has struggled with durability in that he has yet to play in every game during a collegiate season and will need to be gone over with a fine toothed comb by team doctors.[/B] He gets a bit lazy with his techniques and can be late to recognize or react to new situations but his physical talents are undeniable and he should be quick to come off some team’s draft board.
[/quote]
Doctors must have found something.

BTW. Taylor Mays is a not nice guy. However he does seem to make some points about Carroll.
[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/news/story?id=5131914]USC's Taylor Mays: Pete Carroll has blame for draft free fall - ESPN Los Angeles[/url]
He should have gone in the third round.

warpaint 04-24-2010 03:27 AM

Myron Rolle!!!! Thats a solid ass pick. I still cant understand all the negativity on him.

Dirtbag59 04-24-2010 03:31 AM

[quote=warpaint;693663]Myron Rolle!!!! Thats a solid ass pick. I still cant understand all the negativity on him.[/quote]

We already touched on it. He's an in the box strong safety, which isn't exactly a need when you consider the fact that we have Landry, Horton, and Doughty.

skins89moss 04-24-2010 04:31 AM

Well I think we do need the best player available , but it should be at the positons we need most. Thats OL and LBs. Here are a few O-Lineman left in the draft that we could draft.
O-Line 1. Bruce Campbell 2. Selvish Caspers 3.Tony Washington TCU 4.Sam Young ND
5.Kyle Calloway Iowa 6.Jason Fox Miami 7. Ciron Black LSU
Campbell, Washington and Caspers would not be bad picks for the 4th round.
3-4 backers 1.Ricky Sapp DE/OLB Clemson 2. George Selive DE/OLB S.Florida 3.Brandon Lang DE/OLB Troy 4.Authur Moats DE/OLB James Madison ( 4.66 40time).

D-Line 1.Everson Griffen DE USC 2.Cory Wooten DE Northwestern 3.Cam Thomas DT(6-4 330) North Carolina 4.Greg Hardy DE Ole Miss 5.Vince Oghobaase DT Duke

WR/KR 1.Jacoby Ford (4.28 40yd time) Clemson 2.Mardy Gilyard Cincinnati 3.Carlton Mitchell ( 6-3 215 4.49 40 time) S.Florida 4.Brandon Banks Kansas St ( sproiels clone, 4.43 40 time)
5.Riley Cooper ( Ed MaCaffrey clone 6-3 222) Florida.

Noteable other players 1.QB Tony Pike Cincinnati, 2.QB John Skelton Forham 3. QB Dan Lefevour Cent Michigan
1.RB Joe McKnight USC 2.RB Jonathan Dwyer Georgia Tech 3.RB LeGarrette Blount Oregon 4.RB Charles Scott LSU 5. RB Stafon Johnson USC

1.TE Dorin Dickerson Pitt 2. Anthony McCoy USC 3.Aaron Hernandez Florida

FS/SS 1. FS Kam Chancellor Virgina Tech 2. Myron Rolle SS Florida St.

CB 1.CB Dominique Franks Oklahoma 2. Owusu-Ansah-Akwasi Indiana (PA) 3.Perrish Cox Oklahoma St. 4. CB Syd'quan Thompson Cal 5.Devin Ross Arizona 6. Verner Alterraun UCLA

LandrySlice 04-24-2010 06:08 AM

I can't believe Campbell is still on the board, and J Campbell is still on our team!

PHazard 04-24-2010 06:47 AM

I def did not want Bruce Campbell in the 1st round. I knew he would drop out out of that round anyway. I DID NOT, however, see him dropping all the way to the 4th round. I would think Shanahan would have a hard time passing up the most athletic OT in recent history. I think he is an upgrade over Heyer for sure. We picked Trent Williams over Okung cuz shanahan thinks he can coach him up in his own scheme to be better than Okung. So what would make him think he can't coach up Campbell to lock down the RT spot for the next 5 years also?

Consolation prizes but id be less excited about:

DT Cam Thomas (can rotate with Kemo and keeps Haynesworth more at DE where he'll be more effective)

WR Carlton Mitchell (last time shanahan took a WR from a florida college in the middle rounds it turned into Brandon Marshall, kids the same size but faster)

RB Joe McKnight (we simply gotta get younger at RB)

OLB Ricky Sapp (i'm not convinced A. Carter is gonna thrive in our 3-4 scheme)

Names i DONT wanna hear goin to us in the 4th round:

DE Everson Griffen (doesnt fit our scheme, if he did, we still wouldnt need him cuz Jarmon is same general size)

FS Kam Chancellor (Dont think he has the range to cover WR's like Jackson n Miles in our division, dont see him as an upgrade to K. Moore)

SS Myron Rolle (what are you high? This is the last position we need help with)

RB Jonathan Dwyer (played fb in lame ass offense, not explosive)

Any QB's (Lefevour, Brown)

vallin21 04-24-2010 06:57 AM

Campbell. He'll have a good group of vets and coaches that will help him maximize his talents. I think he'll be motivated to prove that he is a top OT.