Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What Will Jason Campbell's Legacy Be? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=36324)

celts32 04-26-2010 03:41 PM

Re: What Will Jason Campbell's Legacy Be?

Doesn't the word legacy involve being remembered for something in future generations? Unless I am defining the word wrong then I don't think he has a legacy as a Redskin. 20 or 30 years from now not many Redskins fans will even remember Jason Campbell. His name will be as difficult to recall as Cary Conklin is now. What he will be is a small footnote on Joe Gibbs Redskins Legacy.

Monkeydad 04-26-2010 04:02 PM

[quote=celts32;695184]Doesn't the word legacy involve being remembered for something in future generations? Unless I am defining the word wrong then I don't think he has a legacy as a Redskin. 20 or 30 years from now not many Redskins fans will even remember Jason Campbell. His name will be as difficult to recall as Cary Conklin is now. What he will be is a small footnote on Joe Gibbs Redskins Legacy.[/quote]

You're right. Plus, it's WAY too early to start talking about looking back and remembering Campbell as a player overall. He's just getting his career started I believe. He'll do OK outside of the Redskins organization. He may not be our next Trent Green that we regret losing...but maybe a Stan Humphries-like QB that we look at and say "why wasn't he this good with us?" and wonder what could have been.

FRPLG 04-26-2010 04:08 PM

I think he leaves no legacy...the only legacy he could leav is one of utter failure on the FO's part. Either by crapping out in Oakland and proving he is a bust or getting the job done and proving Shanny wrong. Somehow he'll be right in the middle I suspect.

freddyg12 04-26-2010 04:14 PM

[quote=over the mountain;695145]well, one legacy argument could be that he is the guy coach gibbs made a huge mistake on, [B]maybe his greatest player evaluation mistake. [/B]

JC is an average QB at best, down right boring to watch at worst.

wish the man well, he seems to be a great person.[/quote]

That would have to be Loyd & Arch in the debacle of 2006.

I'll always stand by Gibbs' decision to get JC. We can disagree about what we gave up, but I never thought it was too much when you're trying to land the qb of the future.

Of all the 'what-ifs' of JC's career, I think one of the biggest was Gibbs leaving early. What if he'd stayed one more year? The Gibbs/Saunders O was more suited to JC. Gibbs picked a qb that HE thought he could win with, but that's much different than a qb that Jim Zorn can win with.

Gibbs won w/Mark Rypien, probably the worst qb to ever win a super bowl. Gibbs felt he could win w/JC, maybe he could've in due time.

jgalecpa 04-26-2010 04:15 PM

[quote=over the mountain;695145]
JC is an average QB at best, down right boring to watch at worst.
[/quote]

For me, this about sums it up.

He made we want to leave my seat and go get a $5 soda more than anyone else in the history of Fedex Field.

The only thing I could be sure to miss if JC was behind center was a punt.

CRedskinsRule 04-26-2010 04:17 PM

JC's only legacy will be the reminder of 4 systems in 5 years, or the failure of our FO to stabilize our team. He will be the billboard for the 2000-2009 era, hopefully the 2010-2019 will start in a better way.

12thMan 04-26-2010 04:21 PM

[quote=freddyg12;695206]That would have to be Loyd & Arch in the debacle of 2006.

I'll always stand by Gibbs' decision to get JC. We can disagree about what we gave up, but I never thought it was too much when you're trying to land the qb of the future.

Of all the 'what-ifs' of JC's career, I think one of the biggest was Gibbs leaving early. What if he'd stayed one more year? The Gibbs/Saunders O was more suited to JC. Gibbs picked a qb that HE thought he could win with, but that's much different than a qb that Jim Zorn can win with.

Gibbs won w/Mark Rypien, probably the worst qb to ever win a super bowl. Gibbs felt he could win w/JC, maybe he could've in due time.[/quote]

Not to quibble or get the thread off track, but Big Ben had the worst Super Bowl game ever vs Seattle by a starting QB.

GTripp0012 04-26-2010 04:29 PM

[quote=FRPLG;695202]I think he leaves no legacy...the only legacy he could leav is one of utter failure on the FO's part. Either by crapping out in Oakland and proving he is a bust or getting the job done and proving Shanny wrong. [B]Somehow he'll be right in the middle I suspect.[/B][/quote]Probably the safest of all bets. And good post.

skinsfan69 04-26-2010 05:10 PM

I don't think he leaves any real legacy here. Todd Collins has more of a legacy than JC does. He's an average NFL QB who was failed by management. I think all true Redskin fans wish him well but it's so time to move on.

celts32 04-26-2010 05:18 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;695236]I don't think he leaves any real legacy here. Todd Collins has more of a legacy than JC does. He's an average NFL QB who was failed by management. I think all true Redskin fans wish him well but it's so time to move on.[/quote]

You know that's true. Todd Collins led the late season charge to the playoffs in the aftermath of Sean Taylor's murder. That is a memory that will stand the test of time.

DCtoAZ 04-26-2010 05:28 PM

Legacy .. that's a strong word to be throwing around

firstdown 04-26-2010 05:34 PM

[quote=celts32;695241]You know that's true. Todd Collins led the late season charge to the playoffs in the aftermath of Sean Taylor's murder. That is a memory that will stand the test of time.[/quote]

He also had to beat the Giants in NY in winds of 40 mph.

Paintrain 04-26-2010 05:37 PM

[quote=celts32;695241]You know that's true. Todd Collins led the late season charge to the playoffs in the aftermath of Sean Taylor's murder. That is a memory that will stand the test of time.[/quote]

I think the entire era of QB from Rypien to current will be a blight on Redskins history. Hopefully McNabb puts up a couple of solid seasons and Shanahan drafts a true QB of the future somewhere in the next 2 drafts.

GusFrerotte 04-26-2010 05:42 PM

Sorry, but this legacy crap has to go. The guy only started 3 seasons and didn't give us any playoffs(Collins did that). Simply put, he wasn't here long enough to even have a legacy. You want to make a thread of JC's legacy, then maybe I should open one up about Gus Frerotte's legacy! Shoot he made the Pro Bowl and swept Aikman and company that season('96) to boot!!!! Gus, Terry, and the boys were a lot more fun to watch than these bums!!!!!

davy 04-26-2010 05:57 PM

Wasted draft picks.

The talent guys obviously thought he was a bit special and were determined to get him and I don't have a problem with that, but they were wrong.

When you have people looking at tape from last year and saying how simplified the offence was and JC still couldn't make easy calls at the line then the problem is obvious.

Not smart enough to be a successful starter.