Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Skins Sign WR Bobby Wade (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/36373-skins-sign-wr-bobby-wade.html)

REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE 04-28-2010 11:30 PM

Skins Sign WR Bobby Wade

PER CSN: WR Bobby Wade has been signed.

Not sure if anyone has heard this as well.

SFREDSKIN 04-28-2010 11:36 PM

Re: Skins Sign WR Bobby Wade

Damn!! Is TO next? They are signing everyone under the sun, it's like Obama's stimulus plan under way with the Redskins.

tryfuhl 04-28-2010 11:38 PM

More competition, good stuff. Apparently they haven't already written Mitchell in as the number 5 like some people here have :silly:

skinsfaninok 04-28-2010 11:54 PM

Breaking News : The Redskins have also signed Freddie Mitchell! OK JK LOL

53Fan 04-29-2010 12:08 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;696381]Breaking News : The Redskins have also signed Freddie Mitchell! OK JK LOL[/quote]

Freddie "Fur Coat" Mitchell reunited with McNabb? BAM!!! Championship!!!

Big C 04-29-2010 12:23 AM

well i heard rumors of devin thomas being shopped during the draft so who knows. even john clayton reported that.

Longtimefan 04-29-2010 12:30 AM

[quote=tryfuhl;696376]More competition, good stuff. Apparently they haven't already written Mitchell in as the number 5 like some people here have :silly:[/quote]

Beginning to look like surplus competition ha!!....Wade has made a few rounds since 2003, his best years were the two he spent with the Vikings. We have more receivers now than we do D/L...will be interesting to see how all this competition plays out.

tootergray34 04-29-2010 12:36 AM

shows what shanny thinks of our current WR corps i guess. just waiting for next year when we draft either of the following:
aj green
julion jones
micheal floyd
jonathon baldwin (pitt)

all would be studly

GusFrerotte 04-29-2010 12:38 AM

Too many older FA Wrs in here for just competition in my view. You want to increase the competition just sign a bunch of undrafted guys. I think to be honest that the Shanny/Allen faction does not like the look of our WR corp. It is time to take off the blinders and to quit sipping the Kool Aid with these guys I guess. My guess is Kelly might be the only one safe if they indeed were looking to shop around Thomas. Mitchell is definitely under the gun. IF the FO thought the WR corp was set they wouldn't have signed so many WRs just for competition. They don't like what they see as a whole.

Longtimefan 04-29-2010 12:50 AM

[quote=tootergray34;696397]shows what shanny thinks of our current WR corps i guess. just waiting for next year when we draft either of the following:
aj green
julion jones
micheal floyd
jonathon baldwin (pitt)

all would be studly[/quote]

Or maybe James Rodgers of Oregon St. though his size could be an issue.

ethat001 04-29-2010 12:56 AM

[QUOTE]Chicago Bears
The Chicago Bears selected Wade in the fifth round of the 2003 NFL Draft. His best season with the team came in 2004 when he caught forty-two passes for 481 yards. In 2005, Wade saw more playing time as a punt returner and scored the first touchdown of his career during the second week of the 2005 season. 2005 also saw [B][U]10 fumbles on the season by Wade, including four fumbles in one game.[/U][/B][2] He was released by the Bears late in the 2005 season.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Wade]Bobby Wade - Wikipedia[/url]
[url=http://www.nfl.com/players/bobbywade/profile?id=WAD319482]Bobby Wade - NFL.com[/url]
[url=http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WadeBo00.htm]Bobby Wade NFL & AFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com[/url][/QUOTE]

10 fumbles in 2005, with 4 in one game. The NFL.com stats only state 10 receptions all season, and apparently 33 punt returns. That would mean he [U][B]fumbled 23% of the time he touched the ball[/B][/U]. That's almost like playing for the other team. He'd be the perfect receiver for Rex Grossman. <grin>

Camp fodder, definitely not there in September. We just need more competition, bodies in practice and older football players to mentor the young ones. May motivate people more if they think their job is on the line.

GMScud 04-29-2010 01:23 AM

He's a 4th or 5th WR at best. Shit, he's a Redskin now, and his player profile on NFL.com currently has him listed a KC Chief, and he's wearing a Minnesota uniform in his profile pic. Pretty much all you need to know about this signing.

tryfuhl 04-29-2010 01:28 AM

[quote=ethat001;696404]10 fumbles in 2005, with 4 in one game. The NFL.com stats only state 10 receptions all season, and apparently 33 punt returns. That would mean he [U][B]fumbled 23% of the time he touched the ball[/B][/U]. That's almost like playing for the other team. He'd be the perfect receiver for Rex Grossman. <grin>
[/quote]
holy moly

SBXVII 04-29-2010 01:37 AM

[quote=Big C;696395]well i heard rumors of devin thomas being shopped during the draft so who knows. even john clayton reported that.[/quote]

I don't know where this rumor started but the only people I hear talking about it was fans on the message boards. I did see and hear through the media that Kelly was being shopped, but that was back when they were looking into Marshall and possibly a package trade for him.