Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Looks like NYG first round pick is having some health issues... (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/36433-looks-like-nyg-first-round-pick.html)

Dr Do Itch Big 05-01-2010 09:07 PM

Looks like NYG first round pick is having some health issues...

Day 2 of his first mini camp and he's spent 10 mins into it?????

[url=http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13331279/giants-top-pick-pierrepaul-battles-back-problem]Giants top pick Pierre-Paul battles back problem - NFL - CBSSports.com Football[/url]

skinsfaninok 05-01-2010 09:23 PM

Re: Looks like NYG first round pick is having some health issues...

Good Screw the Giants!

WaldSkins 05-01-2010 09:57 PM

I feel bad for Pierre-Paul. Tough luck

Big C 05-01-2010 10:03 PM

sounds fishy.

SFREDSKIN 05-01-2010 10:12 PM

Probably from the back flips he did at the combine. Check link:

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=5063672]2010 NFL draft: South Florida defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul has quietly established himself as a first-round pick - ESPN[/url]

Lotus 05-01-2010 10:14 PM

He says the back problems go away when he's in football shape. If so, it's not that big of a deal.

Hopefully he'll bust for different reasons. :)

LandrySlice 05-01-2010 10:50 PM

I was kind of worried about this guy a few years down the road... but I do like that thier first round pick has some issues already!

Dirtbag59 05-01-2010 11:35 PM

I'm still more worried about Brandon Graham then I am any other NFC East rookie. Bryant is just overkill in Dallas which will limit his effectiveness while Pierre-Paul is to inexperienced to make much of an impact right away especially on the Giants who are ridiculously deep at End with Tuck, Osi, Mathias, and now Pierre-Paul, which kind of makes you wonder even with the Osi situation why they would draft a DE with such a huge hole at MLB especially when you have one of the best running game Offensive Designers in Shanahan coming into your division. Graham on the other hand seems like a younger version of Hugh Douglas.

Schneed10 05-02-2010 12:14 AM

Brandon Graham looks like he has serious moves, but in the end he's small. He won't hold up well over an entire game against the large LTs he has to face in the pros. Just run at him, by the 3rd quarter his quickness will be negated when pass rushing.

I thought that was a poor pick by Andy Reid. He's not suited for every-down play.

GMScud 05-02-2010 12:19 AM

[quote=Schneed10;697365]Brandon Graham looks like he has serious moves, but in the end he's small. He won't hold up well over an entire game against the large LTs he has to face in the pros. Just run at him, by the 3rd quarter his quickness will be negated when pass rushing.

I thought that was a poor pick by Andy Reid. He's not suited for every-down play.[/quote]

Agreed. He's a good situational pass rusher, but I seriously doubt he's worth what they gave up to move up for him at #13 overall. No wonder he looked so pumped when he got picked that high. Even he was surprised.

tootergray34 05-02-2010 04:44 AM

people were hypin' up graham as a absolute BEAST, I hope not though.

Dirtbag59 05-02-2010 05:51 AM

[quote=CultBrennan59;697371]
He had only 6.5 sacks this whole year
[/quote]

Keep in mind that this stat was achieved in only 7 games. I remember feeling the same way when I first heard the 6.5 sack number but after I heard that it was done in such a short amount of time it started to make a lot more sense. I mean if Michael Johnson the physical freak from Georgia Tech falls to the 3rd round with 9 sacks it would make little sense to see Pierre-Paul as a top 15 pick a year later considering the fact that both are physically in a class of their own.

[quote]NorthJersey.com: Giants take Jason Pierre-Paul of South Florida ...
Apr 23, 2010 ... South Florida's Jason Pierre-Paul runs a drill at the NFL football ... [B]started seven games for South Florida, but was in on 45 tackles with 6 sacks [/B]....[/quote]

I guess in the end D-Lineman taken by the Giants should warrant at least some degree of worry.

tootergray34 05-02-2010 07:53 AM

I agree...Giants always find some nasty run stoppers on their D Front. Knowing our luck he'll turn out to be like a Freak like Jevon Kearse