Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Saints sued over missing drugs (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/36434-saints-sued-over-missing-drugs.html)

Lotus 05-02-2010 12:01 PM

Saints sued over missing drugs

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5153943]Report: Coach Sean Payton one of two New Orleans Saints employees named in lawsuit - ESPN[/url]

These are just allegations right now. But if allegations against Payton prove to be true, the world champion Saints could unravel.

hooskins 05-02-2010 04:12 PM

Re: Saints sued over missing drugs

Yeah saw that early today. If that is true, its going to rain on their parade.

Redskin Jim 05-02-2010 04:44 PM

[quote=hooskins;697410]Yeah saw that early today. If that is true, its going to rain on their parade.[/quote]
It's a non-story. Disgruntled employee rats out the bosses on his way out the door. Even if true, I doubt anything comes of it, and doubt even less any proof can be found unless someone confesses to taking the pills.

Lotus 05-02-2010 07:39 PM

[quote=Redskin Jim;697415]It's a non-story. Disgruntled employee rats out the bosses on his way out the door. Even if true, I doubt anything comes of it, and doubt even less any proof can be found unless someone confesses to taking the pills.[/quote]

Maybe. You would think that the DEA will uncover whatever can be uncovered.

[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-saints-druglawsuit]DEA looking into Saints case - NFL - Yahoo! Sports[/url]

CRedskinsRule 05-02-2010 07:57 PM

[quote=Redskin Jim;697415]It's a non-story. Disgruntled employee rats out the bosses on his way out the door. Even if true, I doubt anything comes of it, and doubt even less any proof can be found unless someone confesses to taking the pills.[/quote]

I think, but can't cite examples, that many companies have gotten in trouble by disgruntled ex-employees.

SmootSmack 05-02-2010 07:59 PM

Well to hear it from Santini's side, it's not like he was kicked out. Santini, an ex-FBI agent, was hired specifically to oversee security matters such as this and what he allegedly found is what led to a dispute that led to his dismissal. Again, that's just one side of the story, of course.

Pocket$ $traight 05-02-2010 08:08 PM

I don't give a crap what happens after the fact, you give me a Super Bowl Championship and I would stomp on my mother....

Pocket$ $traight 05-02-2010 08:13 PM

[quote=Lotus;697384][URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5153943"]Report: Coach Sean Payton one of two New Orleans Saints employees named in lawsuit - ESPN[/URL]

These are just allegations right now. But if allegations against Payton prove to be true, the world champion Saints could unravel.[/quote]

If the Saints unravel over this, I will get a voluntary sex change.

Lotus 05-02-2010 10:09 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;697438]Well to hear it from Santini's side, it's not like he was kicked out. Santini, an ex-FBI agent, was hired specifically to oversee security matters such as this and what he allegedly found is what led to a dispute that [B]led to his dismissal[/B]. Again, that's just one side of the story, of course.[/quote]

He wasn't even dismissed, he resigned.

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-02-2010 11:27 PM

[quote=Pocket$ $traight;697441]If the Saints unravel over this, I will get a voluntary sex change.[/quote]

I am kinda hoping they unravel now.

53Fan 05-02-2010 11:45 PM

[quote=Pocket$ $traight;697441]If the Saints unravel over this, I will get a voluntary sex change.[/quote]

You'd probably have to change your name...$traight just wouldn't seem right. :)

Redskin Jim 05-03-2010 03:38 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;697438]Well to hear it from Santini's side, it's not like he was kicked out. Santini, an ex-FBI agent, was hired specifically to oversee security matters such as this and what he allegedly found is what led to a dispute that led to his dismissal. Again, that's just one side of the story, of course.[/quote]
I just saw the outside the lines report, and I may have to change my opinion. It sounds like Santini wore a wire, and therefor has proof of the cover up and the perpetrators. If that is the case, The Saints better get out their checkbook, pay Santini off, and get this swept under the rug. If they don't, the legal distractions may prove to be very detrimental to their team on the field in terms of Sean Payton's detail and preparation for games, and W/L column.

Mc2guy 05-03-2010 03:57 PM

Does anyone really care even if this is true? The vast majority of players use prescription drugs to manage pain, and many coaches are ex-players who do the same. Does it take away from what they did on the football field? IMO, no.

There might be a payoff to make this guy go away, or even a brief suspension or an apology from Payton/Loomis, but unravel the team? I don't see it. This allegation, even if true, describes a victimless crime (unless you think Benson cares about the $100 in stolen Vicodin). If and until there are formal charges brought (criminal, not civil), this isn't going to go anywhere serious, the public doesn't care enough about this baloney for the Commish to get involved (unlike the Rothlisberger case, where the public clearly cares if a player is taking advantage of drunk coeds).

firstdown 05-03-2010 04:37 PM

I wonder how many pictures did they have to search through before they found one that made Peyton look like a dope head

hooskins 05-03-2010 04:40 PM

Didnt look at the ESPN article until now. Haha they really did some sifting to find one that made him look like a druggie.