Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Debating with the enemy (http://www.thewarpath.net/debating-with-the-enemy/)
-   -   Proposal for National ID (Acronym: BELIEVE) (http://www.thewarpath.net/debating-with-the-enemy/36441-proposal-for-national-id-acronym-believe.html)

joethiesmanfan 05-04-2010 08:33 AM

Re: Proposal for National ID (Acronym: BELIEVE)

[quote=dmek25;697977]TTE, just like you aren't paying taxes... you will do what big brother tells you to[/quote]

I don't wantto be carded. I don't want to be carded I don't want o be carded. Tea Party twins activate!!!!!

Schneed10 05-04-2010 09:17 AM

I don't see what the big deal is. If you're not breaking any laws, what's wrong with having fingerprints on file electronically?

I guess there's the fear that the data gets misused or abused? Seems like paranoia over nothing though.

CRedskinsRule 05-04-2010 09:23 AM

[quote=Schneed10;698030]I don't see what the big deal is. If you're not breaking any laws, what's wrong with having fingerprints on file electronically?

I guess there's the fear that the data gets misused or abused? Seems like paranoia over nothing though.[/quote]

My biggest thing, was the cynicism of the acronym, there is no doubt that national ID's are coming, and fact is the government has nearly all this information available in some way shape or form. It does open up the potential for abuse, but that is also just a part of a governmental structure, and the regulations need to be in place to minimize the opportunity and punish those who do abuse the privileges.

mredskins 05-04-2010 09:41 AM

[quote=Schneed10;698030]I don't see what the big deal is. If you're not breaking any laws, what's wrong with having fingerprints on file electronically?

I guess there's the fear that the data gets misused or abused? Seems like paranoia over nothing though.[/quote]

Two words:

Umbrella Corporation

mredskins 05-04-2010 11:54 AM

[quote=joethiesmanfan;698015]I don't wantto be carded. I don't want to be carded I don't want o be carded. [B]Tea Party twins activate!!!!![/B][/quote]

This my friend had me rolling!

[I]What are they going to turn into though?

Jayne: "Shape of a _____"

Zan: "Form of a ____"[/I]

[B]W. can play the roll of Gleek! [/B]

joethiesmanfan 05-04-2010 12:37 PM

[quote=firstdown;698056]yea, i hate when i give the goverment my finger prints and they abuse them. How do you abuse finger prints or dna? I don't have a hugh problem is the us wanting an id but a national one is going too far. I think we should installs chips in every legal american and set up hugh lazers around the boarder for anyone who cross illegally gets zapped. Then we have no need for police to approach them for an id they just need to clean up the mess.[/quote]

fortress america

joethiesmanfan 05-04-2010 12:39 PM

[quote=mredskins;698132]This my friend had me rolling!

[I]What are they going to turn into though?

Jayne: "Shape of a golf club"

Zan: "Form of an oil rig"[/I]

[B]W. can play the roll of Gleek! [/B][/quote]

Jayne: "Shape of a golf club"

Zan: "Form of an oil rig"

Trample the Elderly 05-04-2010 12:53 PM

[quote=dmek25;697977]TTE, just like you aren't paying taxes... you will do what big brother tells you to[/quote]

Poor fool. Do what I'm doing. Learn Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, and get your passport ready. That's all I can tell you. Sooner or later the dollar is going to get un-pegged and collapse. The last card they'll have to play is to take us to war, AGAIN. Y'all can be the brass on the Titanic, I've already made preparations.

joethiesmanfan 05-04-2010 01:40 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;698164]Poor fool. Do what I'm doing. Learn Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, and get your passport ready. That's all I can tell you. Sooner or later the dollar is going to get un-pegged and collapse. The last card they'll have to play is to take us to war, AGAIN. Y'all can be the brass on the Titanic, I've already made preparations.[/quote]

Don't forget me, can I pick the destination? Dominican Republic here we come. Even with the oily sand chocolate milk beaches.

SirClintonPortis 05-05-2010 02:22 AM

Really, is anything ever used [I]solely[/I] for its initial intended purpose after other uses for it have been discovered?

CRedskinsRule 05-27-2010 09:07 AM

Apparently the new UK government doesn't BELIEVE:
[url=http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hdYcUV-ATTzscK6V5QdMZvgTsTaQ]The Press Association: ID cards scrapped within 100 days[/url]

[QUOTE]Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said: "The wasteful, bureaucratic and intrusive ID card system represents everything that has been wrong with Government in recent years."[/QUOTE]