Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tebow leads April jersey sales (McNabb #2) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=36500)

MTK 05-06-2010 08:45 AM

Tebow leads April jersey sales (McNabb #2)

The Tebow hype continues...

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5165547&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines]Tim Tebow's No. 15 No. 1 in April NFL jersey sales - ESPN[/url]

hooskins 05-06-2010 08:49 AM

Re: Tebow leads April jersey sales (McNabb #2)

Bible beaters have a place and a face to invest in.

Thats why.

mredskins 05-06-2010 08:49 AM

So many bottom of dresser draws will be lined with Tebow jerseys in the next few years.

flashalexb 05-06-2010 08:55 AM

Does anyone know what % of profits, if any, that each team and player makes for their jersey sales?

SmootSmack 05-06-2010 09:25 AM

[quote=flashalexb;698728]Does anyone know what % of profits, if any, that each team and player makes for their jersey sales?[/quote]

I'm not sure if it's still the same, but if I remember right a couple of years ago at least it was something like the NFL gets 13% of all merchandise sales and that's split across all 32 teams.

That applies to sales made at NFLShop.com and third-party sites. Redskins get a larger cut if the jersey is bought at one of their stores, but not sure what it is.

In conclusion...I don't know the answer to your question

Rainy Parade 05-06-2010 09:27 AM

so in other words, it doesn't matter if you have McNabb or Tebow... all the teams get the same cut? like a revenue share?

SmootSmack 05-06-2010 09:36 AM

Depends on where the jersey was bought

hooskins 05-06-2010 09:37 AM

yeah I was wondering that yesterday too. Players dont get a cut at all huh?

Kind of sucks. I think it is true. Thats why EA can have rights to a players name for madden, because they just get the rights from the league. Players dont get extra for that. I remember some of the players on the madden "classic" teams sued because their names were being used improperly.

MTK 05-06-2010 09:40 AM

I think players do get a small cut.

I remember when LaVar wasn't letting his jersey be made it was because he wasn't happy with the % and wanted more, so I'm pretty sure they get [I]something[/I].

SmootSmack 05-06-2010 09:42 AM

[quote=hooskins;698745]yeah I was wondering that yesterday too. Players dont get a cut at all huh?

Kind of sucks. I think it is true. Thats why EA can have rights to a players name for madden, because they just get the rights from the league. Players dont get extra for that. I remember some of the players on the madden "classic" teams sued because their names were being used improperly.[/quote]

The NFLPA also gets a cut (not sure how much) which is then distributed among the players somehow

DBUCHANON101 05-06-2010 09:48 AM

[quote=mredskins;698726]So many bottom of dresser draws will be lined with Tebow jerseys in the next few years.[/quote]

Right beside my Champ Bailey. And about the same time maybe McNabb also. I just dont see this lasting more than 2-3 yrs.

Rainy Parade 05-06-2010 10:09 AM

cmon guys, we're all too old to be wearing jerseys (unless you're at a live game, or perhaps if you are in a sports bar for the sole purpose of wathing a game of that team).

i remember there was some issue with LaVar's jersey... incidently i have a burgundy lavar56 jersey by Nike. since it's so rare and impossible to find.... i'd be happy to sell it to one of you uber-fan merch collectors for a very high price!

hooskins 05-06-2010 10:12 AM

Sounds like something that would be great to wipe my ass with.

MTK 05-06-2010 10:13 AM

Kickin' around on the weekend I might throw on a jersey, non-Redskin ones too. I just bought a couple of classics, Walter Payton and Earl Campbell.

Unless you're 75 I don't think anybody is too old to rock a jersey.

Rainy Parade 05-06-2010 10:14 AM

[quote=hooskins;698763]Sounds like something that would be great to wipe my ass with.[/quote]

well, it's "soft" from a wearable mesh standpoint, but i dont think it's the kind of soft you're looking for. either way... PM your best offer!