Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=36524)

KI Skins Fan 05-07-2010 01:07 PM

Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

I find it disturbing that Albert Haynesworth can stay away from minicamp when there is a new coaching staff that is putting a new system in place. I'm OK with him training in TN with the man who has helped him improve his performance in the past. But I'm not OK with his being the only player on the team to miss this minicamp. I know it's not mandatory but I just can't imagine how someone who professes to care about winning can't be bothered to take 3 days away from his personal training when there is so much for him to learn. Not to mention that he apparently couldn't care less about his teammates.

It is particulary galling to me to think that this man is the highest paid player on the team. Shouldn't setting a good example. if not being a leader, be part of what he thinks his employer deserves for the tens of million dollars that he is being paid? I believe that Haynesworth must have misled Dan Snyder about what he would do for that money when his contract was negotiated.

Although Shanahan is running the team, if I were in Dan Snyder's position, I would have to call Haynesworth and let him know how disappointed I am in him and that I think he is clearly not keeping his end of the bargain. No way is Haynesworth earning his full paycheck, no matter how he performs during the regular season.

I also would like to see Haynesworth drop the bullshit about his having no problem with playing in Haslett's 3-4 defense. His actions speak much louder than his words.

I think that Haynesworth probably tried to force a trade. That didn't happen. Now, he should put that aside and get with the program.

Monkeydad 05-07-2010 01:20 PM

Re: Haynesworth is Behaving Selfishly

Repost. :D

rbanerjee23 05-07-2010 01:22 PM

Join the club...I am not surprised one bit by this behavior. It was well documented when he was with Tennessee and it's become a reality here as well. Let's just hope he produces on the field.

BigHairedAristocrat 05-07-2010 01:27 PM

Schefter is reporting that Haynesworth is in camp!!!!!

Kidding :) I agree with the OP on his main point, although i'm not sure another Haynesworth thread was necessary.

Whiskeybilt 05-07-2010 01:29 PM

It's not like he has the most difficult job on the field.

He also said our trainers last season, were god awful, so I can see why he wants to train with the best guy he knows. (even if we have new trainers and an improved gym)

Think that man wants everybody to see him flopping around on the field again? I seriously doubt it. The press is making much more of a big deal out of it, than Al or Shanny.

Mechanix544 05-07-2010 01:29 PM

I do hope he produces. And if at DE, I think that he will, no matter where he trains.

freddyg12 05-07-2010 01:30 PM

Is AH our new JC? Will he become our new Lavar?

over the mountain 05-07-2010 01:45 PM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;699344]
I think that Haynesworth probably tried to force a trade. That didn't happen. Now, he should put that aside and get with the program.[/quote]

I agree with you. I posted this before and im going to post it again b/c i firmly believe this.

AH and his agent never had any intention of having AH play out the remainder of his contract with the skins after he received the 32 of his 41 million guaranteed money.

He tried to force the skins hand in trading him by being enough of an offseason problem to get traded but not going overboard and cementing his rep as a problem child.

Shanny and Allen tried to trade him this offseason but they werent just going to give him away. I bet vinny would have unloaded him.

AH is a mercenary. He plays for money. His two biggest seasons came in contract years.

Now that he has received that 32 mil, there is no way he plays here for the next 3 seasons contently making 5-6 mil a year.

Next offseason, I see him uping his antics since declaring he wont do anything not mandatory despite the new coaches strongly worded dictation that we wants full 100% participation in all offseason activities didnt do the trick.

It only makes financial sense for AH to force the skins hand in trading him so he can sign a new contract with his new team and get yet another big pay day. If he plays out the next 3 years of his contract with the skins, his window of being in his prime and getting another huge pay day will have passed.

Lets face it, vinny really screwed the pooch on this one. yeah it was great that we were able to offer such an attractive offer to land him, but front loading that contract to take advantage of the uncapped season really left nothing for AH to play for after he collected that 21 mil check in april.

Im sure allen gave danny a lecture on just how stupid of a contract that was.

there are articles regarding what i am saying from nfl execs as well.

AH will not be here after this season. Im surprised shanny stood his ground and didnt cut bait already but i think in shanny's eyes that would mean he lost in the battle of wills and as a coach you cant let players dictate their role with the team.

MTK 05-07-2010 01:52 PM

At this point all I care about is that he shows for MANDATORY camps.

SBXVII 05-07-2010 02:04 PM

#1- I certainly wouldn't make AH a captain. Leadership by example.
#2- I'm the first to say they should be required to work at the facility yr round. You make all that money then you need to be there. I mean 5 months away from you job the whole while making mill. is obsurd.

BUT!
#3- and most importantly..... these are voluntary work outs. No one is required to be at them. Are other fans of other teams ranting and raving about their players not in "voluntary camp?" If he doesn't show up for manditory camp or if he shows up out of shape then and only then will people have a decent reason to wig out.

SmootSmack 05-07-2010 02:11 PM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;699344]I find it disturbing that Albert Haynesworth can stay away from minicamp when there is a new coaching staff that is putting a new system in place. [B]I'm OK with him training in TN with the man who has helped him improve his performance in the past. But I'm not OK with his being the only player on the team to miss this minicamp. [/B]I know it's not mandatory but I just can't imagine how someone who professes to care about winning can't be bothered to take 3 days away from his personal training when there is so much for him to learn. Not to mention that he apparently couldn't care less about his teammates.

It is particulary galling to me to think that this man is the highest paid player on the team. Shouldn't setting a good example. if not being a leader, be part of what he thinks his employer deserves for the tens of million dollars that he is being paid? I believe that Haynesworth must have misled Dan Snyder about what he would do for that money when his contract was negotiated.

Although Shanahan is running the team, if I were in Dan Snyder's position, I would have to call Haynesworth and let him know how disappointed I am in him and that I think he is clearly not keeping his end of the bargain. No way is Haynesworth earning his full paycheck, no matter how he performs during the regular season.

I also would like to see Haynesworth drop the bullshit about his having no problem with playing in Haslett's 3-4 defense. His actions speak much louder than his words.

I think that Haynesworth probably tried to force a trade. That didn't happen. Now, he should put that aside and get with the program.[/quote]

Would it be more acceptable if several players skipped minicamp?

CRedskinsRule 05-07-2010 02:11 PM

This whole issue is way overblown, as it is every year. Every team has some players who make their statements by missing voluntary camps and OTAs. Rather than focus on the positive, we will have 80+guys all out there competing, and working. AH knows he's gonna be here, and knows what he's gonna do, line up take 1-2 guys out of the picture while trying to get to the ball. Like Matty said, if he misses the mandatory camps then fine print the story, for now focus on the fact that we have every starter but one there today. (maybe two, if Rodgers isn't there, I know Rocky was there today)

Trample the Elderly 05-07-2010 02:15 PM

No!!! Haynesworth acting selfishly!? Screw his chunky-butt-funky ass!

hooskins 05-07-2010 02:17 PM

close this thread. why a repost of an ongoing thread. No links, no articles, etc.

NYCskinfan82 05-07-2010 02:25 PM

AH will be a beast come game time & if he isn't don't cut him F that let him ride the bench or play him at NT.