Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   good time for game releases (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/3653-good-time-for-game-releases.html)

Mattyk 11-10-2004 08:15 AM

good time for game releases

Halo 2, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Metroid Prime 2: Echos

Who's going to have all 3?

Personally I can't wait for the new Metroid, even though I'm not done with the first one yet!

illdefined 11-10-2004 08:30 AM

Dude, you said it. after i picked myself up off the floor from the election i bought an hdtv and preordered all these games (you forgot Metal Gear 3). just wanna be ignorant for the next 3.5 yrs.

Mattyk 11-10-2004 09:24 AM

ahh Metal Gear, you know I haven't played Metal Gear since the old school nintendo days. I guess I should give it a try, it's a stealth game right? Anything like Splinter Cell?

Beemnseven 11-10-2004 04:31 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]ahh Metal Gear, you know I haven't played Metal Gear since the old school nintendo days. I guess I should give it a try, it's a stealth game right? Anything like Splinter Cell?[/QUOTE]

It is similar to Splinter Cell, though I think Metal Gear is more 'stay in the shadows' and stealthy than Splinter Cell which is more 'shoot 'em up'. Funny thing is, the first Metal Gear for PS1 is, in my opinion, just as good graphics-wise as Metal Gear 2 for PS2. In fact, I liked the Metal Gear Solid for PS1 better than the sequel for PS2 -- it seemed longer and more involved. I hate it when much anticipated sequels are shorter than the originals.

That's also what I read in a review about Halo 2 as well -- not long enough.

cpayne5 11-10-2004 04:35 PM

I'm thinking about maybe getting back into games when I graduate in the Spring. I haven't really played any games since the days of Street Fighter II on Genesis. I played a friend's N64 several times, but it would always give me tunnel vision and make one of my eyes twitch. :D

SmootSmack 11-10-2004 04:43 PM

By the way, here's some interesting news about prices for certain [URL=http://www.smartmoney.com/bn/ON/index.cfm?story=ON-20041108-000758-1859]EA Games[/URL]

Mattyk 11-10-2004 07:39 PM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]By the way, here's some interesting news about prices for certain [url="http://www.smartmoney.com/bn/ON/index.cfm?story=ON-20041108-000758-1859"]EA Games[/url][/QUOTE]I knew sooner or later they would have to adjust, the ESPN games put more pressure on them than they thought they would.

In the end the consumers win out, so it's all good with me!

Redskins8588 11-10-2004 07:45 PM

I am looking forward to playing Metal Gear 3, I thought that MG 2 was good, I got hooked on it because I played MG 1 on my brother in laws ps1. I think that MG 1 or 2 is great. You really should check them out.

Mattyk 11-10-2004 08:08 PM

How about the new Grand Theft Auto? Anybody have it? Thoughts?

I'm a little behind the times with this series, just picked up Vice City in the cheapie bin this weekend. I'm hooked right now big time.

skinsfanthru&thru 11-10-2004 10:10 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]How about the new Grand Theft Auto? Anybody have it? Thoughts?

I'm a little behind the times with this series, just picked up Vice City in the cheapie bin this weekend. I'm hooked right now big time.[/QUOTE]

I'm waitin for it to come to the x-box around april. can't wait to get my gamecube for x-mas and play resident evil 4 in january and the new zelda even more so in the summer/fall. right now I'm about to go play some more halo 2.

Mattyk 11-11-2004 12:05 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfanthru&thru]I'm waitin for it to come to the x-box around april. can't wait to get my gamecube for x-mas and play resident evil 4 in january and the new zelda even more so in the summer/fall. right now I'm about to go play some more halo 2.[/QUOTE]Are you into Metroid?

If you get the cube Metroid Prime is must-have in my opinion.

Metroid Prime was one of the best games I've ever played, and Echos should be just as good if not a touch better.

I waited until Wind Waker went on sale, got it for $16 at Target a few weeks ago. I haven't really gotten into it yet though, been too busy with Vice City, Metroid Prime and Madden of course.

skinsfanthru&thru 11-12-2004 11:23 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]Are you into Metroid?

If you get the cube Metroid Prime is must-have in my opinion.

Metroid Prime was one of the best games I've ever played, and Echos should be just as good if not a touch better.

I waited until Wind Waker went on sale, got it for $16 at Target a few weeks ago. I haven't really gotten into it yet though, been too busy with Vice City, Metroid Prime and Madden of course.[/QUOTE]

yeah Metroid, viewtiful joe, super smash brothers melee, final fantasy crystal chro, and tales of symphonia r gonna be my first purchases with my system.

by the way, I've been playing halo 2 all day and since I have only played death matches in Halo 1 I was wondering if its like 2 were u play characters from both sides of the war?

Cush 11-15-2004 09:16 PM

I'll be getting Halo 2 for Xmas. We also have [B]Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords[/B] coming out the first week of December

That Guy 11-16-2004 04:59 PM

oh yeah, KOTOR was pretty good... even if it was ungodly easy....

skinsfanthru&thru 11-16-2004 11:49 PM

x-box owners who r into rpgs should check out some stuff on jade empire cuz it looks awesome and its done by the same team who did kotor 1. is anyone here getting a ds or psp?