Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Doug Williams out in Tampa (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=36567)

Swarley 05-11-2010 04:57 PM

Doug Williams out in Tampa

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/11/doug-williams-is-out-in-tampa/]Doug Williams is out in Tampa | ProFootballTalk.com[/url]

Several media outlets report that former NFL quarterback Doug Williams, the MVP of Super Bowl XXII, has left the Buccaneers. He has served most recently as coordinator of pro personnel.

The news comes both from Steve Duemig of WDAE and PewterReport.com. Per Duemig, the Bucs are in the process of restructuring the front office.

Williams previously served as head coach at Grambling from 1998 through 2003. He reportedly interviewed at Southern University and South Florida before signing a one-year deal to return to the Bucs for 2010.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

wouldnt be surprised to see him land with us in some capacity

Monkeydad 05-11-2010 05:03 PM

Re: Doug Williams out in Tampa

I would love to get him here for some position, but I'm not sure we have room for him right now with all of the new personnel.

Did Allen hire him in TB?

Too bad JC isn't here to mentor any more. :D

CrustyRedskin 05-11-2010 05:15 PM

This has nothing to do with the subject but.. I was fortunate enough to meet DW last year at the East/West Shrine game, i got invited to hang out with the coaches and players all week. DW, CHarlie Taylor, Brad Van Pelt, & Jerry Kramer were inducted into the Shriners Hall of Fame. Charlie Taylor didnt make it though. I had DW laughing so hard it was great!!!! I was recalling dang near every pass he threw in the Super Bowl and then low and behold Ricky Hundly (LB for the Broncos during the A-kickn) was there coaching the LBer's. Ricky kept asking DW for his ring back!!!! It was great, I didnt realize how much of a bad ars Brad Van Pelt was since he was a little before my time, i wish i would have spent some more time talking with him. He passed away not long after that. Good times, good times.

SmootSmack 05-11-2010 05:23 PM

This is very interesting. I had talked about backe before we even brought in Allen that there was a lot of buzz about him coming here. Thought that was dead when he re-signed with Tampa. Some Bobby DePaul rumors floating out there as well. Not sure those are all that serious at the moment though

tryfuhl 05-11-2010 05:28 PM

When does his contract end? I read it was then.. didn't know if that was this offseason or what.

Longtimefan 05-11-2010 05:36 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;700297]This is very interesting. I had talked about backe before we even brought in Allen that there was a lot of buzz about him coming here. Thought that was dead when he re-signed with Tampa. Some Bobby DePaul rumors floating out there as well. Not sure those are all that serious at the moment though[/quote]

Love Bobby DePaul......The perfect place for him is between Allen and Shanahan with a title like "DPP" a job he would be great at, serving as a buffer between two not so great personell men.

Nothing against Doug, I'm not surprised he's out in Tampa and wish we could find a spot for him as well. Can't have it all I guess!

JLee9718 05-11-2010 05:50 PM

Whether DW comes here or not, I'll never forget that Super Bowl because it was such a great game and a great win for the Redskins.

GusFrerotte 05-11-2010 07:37 PM

[quote=Buster;700291]I would love to get him here for some position, but I'm not sure we have room for him right now with all of the new personnel.

Did Allen hire him in TB?

Too bad JC isn't here to mentor any more. :D[/quote]

I like DW, but why do we need him here? I mean Gibbs came back, but didn't exactly set the earth on fire during his second stint. Kyle has his people in here. Time to move forward!!!!

GusFrerotte 05-11-2010 07:39 PM

DW needs to get back into college coaching in my opinion. That is where he can really make a positive impact on some kids and leave a big mark.

tootergray34 05-11-2010 08:01 PM

I like him, but i'm indifferent as to if he gets a position with our team.

SmootSmack 05-11-2010 08:11 PM

I don't think DW offers anything that Morocco Brown doesn't

skinsfan69 05-11-2010 08:57 PM

it would be a great public relations move and this organiztion needs that. i'd welcome dw back in some capacity.

Hog1 05-11-2010 09:04 PM

Gotta' keep Morocco. When are you ever going to find ANYONE with a cool ass name like that?

hooskins 05-11-2010 10:31 PM

[quote=Hog1;700334]Gotta' keep Morocco. When are you ever going to find ANYONE with a cool ass name like that?[/quote]

Morocco?

Hog1 05-11-2010 10:31 PM

Brown