Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Football Fandom in the Internet Age: interview with MattyK! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=36787)

Rainy Parade 05-27-2010 10:37 AM

Football Fandom in the Internet Age: interview with MattyK!

hey guys, for my Redskins column over at RealFootball365, i did an interview with a few of the major redskins message boards and blogs.

part 1 was with the guys from HogsHaven and DC Pro Sports Report.

now, [URL="http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/redskins/14878"]HERE'S PART 2[/URL] with responses from WP's own MattyK (and one of the guys from HailRedskins).

click and share, thanks!

SmootSmack 05-27-2010 10:41 AM

Re: Football Fandom in the Internet Age: interview with MattyK!

Nice work. The Ego's famous! His head is going to keep swelling :)

Chico23231 05-27-2010 11:01 AM

Great info and history about the Warpath...press pass to training camp, that is pretty f*ing cool...too bad that got denied. Good good stuff Matty, thanks for sharing RP

MTK 05-27-2010 11:21 AM

Interesting to read the other responses, though it seems for the most part we're all on the same page.

CRedskinsRule 05-27-2010 11:23 AM

Good interviews.

Giantone 05-27-2010 11:28 AM

[quote=Mattyk;703587]Interesting to read the other responses, though it seems for the most part we're all on the same page.[/quote]

Nice read, so where in NY did you grow up?

MTK 05-27-2010 11:31 AM

Upstate, early on in the Finger Lakes region, but mostly in the Albany area.

Monkeydad 05-27-2010 11:39 AM

Good tactic to get the owner to let you get past the "no promoting" rule...promote the owner!

:laughing-

Chico23231 05-27-2010 11:40 AM

[quote=Mattyk;703587]Interesting to read the other responses, though it seems for the most part we're all on the same page.[/quote]

Yeah the other site response to "rival website" was pretty interesting as well as other teams fans coming on to the site...i kinda like when another team fans comes on to talk smack and their serious discussion takes give good perspective....when it comes to a "rival site" its like whatever...there are no rivals to the WP...we stand alone on top

SmootSmack 05-27-2010 11:43 AM

I think we're the only one of the major Redskins fan sites that hasn't had internal unrest (particularly at the front office level) that led to major departures and renegade fan sites.

We've joked about it of course (April Fools 2006 I believe) but it's actually happened elsewhere

Giantone 05-27-2010 11:44 AM

[quote=Mattyk;703594]Upstate, early on in the Finger Lakes region, but mostly in the Albany area.[/quote]

I'm a "Jersey" guy, went to school in the Millburn /Short Hills area and then moved down the shore to the Seagirt/ Springlake area.

MTK 05-27-2010 11:50 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;703604]I think we're the only one of the major Redskins fan sites that hasn't had internal unrest (particularly at the front office level) that led to major departures and renegade fan sites.

We've joked about it of course (April Fools 2006 I believe) but it's actually happened elsewhere[/quote]

Yeah good point. Well expect for Joe Crisp of course. Still wondering what happened with him. I found him on Facebook but I feel odd even just saying hello.

Rainy Parade 05-27-2010 11:52 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;703604]I think we're the only one of the major Redskins fan sites that hasn't had internal unrest (particularly at the front office level) that led to major departures and renegade fan sites.

We've joked about it of course (April Fools 2006 I believe) but it's actually happened elsewhere[/quote]

yea, i dont know any of those details... but already noticed a few snide comments elsewhere that i dont understand cuz i dont know the backroom histories...

SmootSmack 05-27-2010 11:56 AM

[quote=Mattyk;703614]Yeah good point. Well expect for Joe Crisp of course. Still wondering what happened with him. I found him on Facebook but I feel odd even just saying hello.[/quote]

I reached out to him a couple of times, he never responded.

joethiesmanfan 05-27-2010 12:06 PM

[quote=Mattyk;703614]Yeah good point. Well expect for Joe Crisp of course. Still wondering what happened with him. I found him on Facebook but I feel odd even just saying hello.[/quote]

Speaking of facebook can i add yall to friend list?