Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Debating with the enemy (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   A Felon in the White House? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=36788)

saden1 05-27-2010 11:51 AM

Re: A Felon in the White House?

[quote=Buster;703602]Hey genius, I just cited the specific locations of exactly that in the Federal Code...and Constitution.

About the firing of the DAs, it happens with EVERY Administration. Every President replaces people with those they prefer. President Clinton cleared out over 80 of them on a single day and never took flack for it...President Bush canned 4 or 5 and it was the apocalypse.[/quote]

Is the president obtaining anything of value? Asking someone not to run is of value? I don't think so.

Rainy Parade 05-27-2010 11:51 AM

[quote=firstdown;703606]Its a felony that the other party voted for the same war. Oh, they got tricked. Maybe if they actually did something other then sit on their fat ass and bitch they may have come up with why we should not go to war. Instead they vote for the war then when it becomes unpopular to be for the war they tuck their little whinning asses around and act like they never voted for the war.[/quote]

well, yes, they were lied to, but i generally agree that they all went right along with it. of course at the time it was political sucide not to. and they didn't have the balls to try to stop the war cuz that would have been "cutting off funds needed by Our Troops."

Dennis Kucinich was the only one who had the balls to vote against the Patriot Act and (i think) the war. of course he gets painted as a whackjob kook. go figure.

GTripp0012 05-27-2010 11:55 AM

Political suicide: the most accepted reason to toss your morals and campaign platform aside to ensure that the future will have as many lucerative political opportunities as the present.

firstdown 05-27-2010 11:56 AM

[quote=saden1;703616]Is the president obtaining anything of value? Asking someone not to run is of value? I don't think so.[/quote]

Asking someone not to run is fine but offering them a job not to run is not legal. Its nice how the Obama office is with holding the names when he ran on having an open whitehouse. I guess thats just another promise that he has broken.

Monkeydad 05-27-2010 11:58 AM

[quote=saden1;703616]Is the president obtaining anything of value? Asking someone not to run is of value? I don't think so.[/quote]

A hand-picked Senator who will vote for his agenda is of HUGE value in an upcoming election that doesn't look like it will bode well for his plans/party.

Just take a look at the facts instead of blindly defending your President and being naive.

I don't agree with everything that the politicians I vote for 100% of the time and I do oppose them when I disagree. It's not a BAD thing, it's being honest and having a brain of your own.

I understand you're in one of the most liberal cities in the nation and it may be uncommon and frowned upon to criticize your "messiah", but you'll be a better person for it.

Monkeydad 05-27-2010 11:59 AM

[quote=GMScud;703609]I don't see what's so hard to understand about this as it relates to Sestak:

[I]Federal code Section 18 USC 600 says that a federal official cannot promise employment, a job in the federal government, in return for a political act.[/I][/quote]

You're talking to someone who ignored a LOT to put this man into office...I don't think you'll get through now. Besides, he recommends we should "try looking things up sometimes"...he has to know what he's talking about. Facts just get in his way because he KNOWS he is right. His mother told him so.

Monkeydad 05-27-2010 12:00 PM

Is it too early to bring up Watergate?

saden1 05-27-2010 12:03 PM

[quote=GMScud;703609]I don't see what's so hard to understand about this as it relates to Sestak:

[I]Federal code Section 18 USC 600 says that a federal official cannot promise employment, a job in the federal government, in return for a political act.[/I][/quote]

I stand corrected, it is a federal offense...now the question is how do you get a conviction under this law?

saden1 05-27-2010 12:07 PM

[quote=firstdown;703621]Asking someone not to run is fine but offering them a job not to run is not legal. Its nice how the Obama office is with holding the names when he ran on having an open whitehouse. I guess thats just another promise that he has broken.[/quote]

You don't say "Hay firstdown, don't run, I'll give you a job." You say "Hay firstdown, you know Specter is running...are you planning on running? I have a job that's a better fit for you if you're interested."

firstdown 05-27-2010 12:12 PM

[quote=saden1;703630]You don't say "Hay firstdown, don't run, I'll give you a job." You say "Hay firstdown, you know Specter is running...are you planning on running? I have a job that's a better fit for you if you're interested."[/quote]

You have been watching the news because they gave the same type of example. By the way what's up and do you have any plans for the weekend?

joethiesmanfan 05-27-2010 12:13 PM

Sestak the new Sammy the Bull.

joethiesmanfan 05-27-2010 12:15 PM

[quote=Rainy Parade;703617]well, yes, they were lied to, but i generally agree that they all went right along with it. of course at the time it was political sucide not to. and they didn't have the balls to try to stop the war cuz that would have been "cutting off funds needed by Our Troops."

Dennis Kucinich was the only one who had the balls to vote against the Patriot Act and (i think) the war. of course he gets painted as a whackjob kook. go figure.[/quote]

He is a kook. That mofo is crazy, I wouldn't be surprised if he a Bristol Palin blow up doll tied up and chained upside down in a fetal position.

joethiesmanfan 05-27-2010 12:17 PM

[quote=Buster;703626]Is it too early to bring up Watergate?[/quote]

I don't think Obama is that careless, but again I could be wrong. If he has messed up might as well bend BP over backwards for kicks, and let all the Mexicans run free. Just saying.

firstdown 05-27-2010 12:20 PM

Funny thing is Spector switched parties and now he gets defeated by a dem. The Dems really wanted Spector to win so he could be their little trophy switching Rep.

saden1 05-27-2010 12:30 PM

[quote=firstdown;703632]You have been watching the news because they gave the same type of example. By the way what's up and do you have any plans for the weekend?[/quote]

There is no way in hell you can get a conviction if the coversation was similar to what I said. No way!

I'm doing great....I have no plans for the weekened except not work and play video games. I speent all las week on vacation so I'm all done with doing stuff for this weekend. You? Is it fishing season yet?