Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Terrell Owens thinks he sat in the back of the bus (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=368)

Bozzy 03-10-2004 06:10 PM

Terrell Owens thinks he sat in the back of the bus

Compares self to Rosa Parks
[url]http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/8460704p-9389784c.html[/url]

"(You) just can't settle for whatever. Rosa Parks didn't!" he wrote. "You have to stand up for your rights, and that's what I plan to do, win or lose."

One's a hero, one's just a whiny little bitch. Nothing to compare really.

saden1 03-10-2004 06:37 PM

Rosa Parks he isn’t. The whole trade is null if he or his agent were not informed of the deadline to file for free agency. We will see what the arbitrator thinks

Gmanc711 03-10-2004 06:48 PM

This is freaking rediculous. I hope Baltimore just lets him sit at home for the next couple years. I dont wanna hear this " I have a right to choose where I work " Argument from him either. He's employed by the NFL, not the Ravens.

SonsOfWashington 03-10-2004 07:14 PM

[QUOTE=Gmanc711]This is freaking rediculous. I hope Baltimore just lets him sit at home for the next couple years. I dont wanna hear this " I have a right to choose where I work " Argument from him either. He's employed by the NFL, not the Ravens.[/QUOTE]

BMore has a great locker room...why would they wanna bring TO into it now that he keeps whining. Face it, your agent didn't send in the paperwork. You should be mad at him, not the NFL or the Niners.

RedskinRat 03-10-2004 07:14 PM

What an insult to Rosa Parks.....

saden1 03-10-2004 07:15 PM

[QUOTE=Gmanc711]This is freaking rediculous. I hope Baltimore just lets him sit at home for the next couple years. I dont wanna hear this " I have a right to choose where I work " Argument from him either. He's employed by the NFL, not the Ravens.[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about? The NFL is nothing more than an administrative entity for a consortium (NFL Teams). They cannot collude to keep anyone out from earning a living. TO works for himself and is what you would call a “contractor” in your normal work setting. If anyone wants his service they can have him if not they can tell him to go screw himself.

There were a dozen of players who were supposed to be free agents but because they didn’t know about the new deadline they are not. TO has a legitimate case whether you like it or not.

FYI: TO was employed by 49'ers and technically speaking they sold his rights to Ravens. TO is questioning the 49'ers ability to sell his contract.

Daseal 03-10-2004 07:51 PM

Preach on Saden. We have a lot of people that like to ride TO just because of his personality and won't look at what this can do for his career. I think TO is an amazing receiver and he's a great guy. Vinny Cerrato said TO is the best locker room guy he's ever seen. He's the hardest worker on the team and he leads by example.

TO is missing out on 10s of millions of dollars because of this deal, and as Saden poitned out. There are many other agents that didn't have their shit together yet. Could this one be on the allmighty NFL? I think so!

SonsOfWashington 03-10-2004 07:57 PM

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. There are plenty of agents who DID file paperwork. TO is a great locker room presence and does work hard, but he likes to be #1 on the team....and the Ravens already have all that and more with Lewis.

azskinsfan2 03-10-2004 08:22 PM

T.O. is not above the rules. If has a problem, it's with his agent. I'd fire the guy then sue him for the lost income for blowing the filing deadline. But he should be a Raven and if he doesn't like it he can sit a season!!!

Scott 03-10-2004 08:30 PM

[QUOTE=saden1]What the hell are you talking about? The NFL is nothing more than an administrative entity for a consortium (NFL Teams). They cannot collude to keep anyone out from earning a living. TO works for himself and is what you would call a “contractor” in your normal work setting. If anyone wants his service they can have him if not they can tell him to go screw himself.

There were a dozen of players who were supposed to be free agents but because they didn’t know about the new deadline they are not. TO has a legitimate case whether you like it or not.

FYI: TO was employed by 49'ers and technically speaking they sold his rights to Ravens. TO is questioning the 49'ers ability to sell his contract.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what is wrong with society. The fact of the matter is he missed a deadline. He has two options, be a man and show up and play under the contract he has (which the ravens have already stated they will re-do) or option two sit on his ass for the next two years.
There is absolutely nothing legitimate about his case. San Francisco owned his rights, traded them to Baltimore and now Baltimore owns his rights.

saden1 03-10-2004 08:33 PM

There is no ignorance. I am sure the NFL has some sort of public announcement mechanism for all its players and the agents that represent them. I'm sure they have an "Around The NFL" type of newsletter they circulate to people intimately involved in the NFL. The question is did the NFL or NFLPA inform the players and agents of the changes? This is a significant change that aught to be published. I would go even further and say they are entitled not only to an announcement but also a two week reminder of the deadline. I think the crap the 49’ers are trying to pull is just that, crap. They are they are trying to maximize draft picks at the expense of TO.

Personally I think TO is a great player. I do, however, question how he handles his teammates and coaches. He sometimes reminds me of the infamous “Leon” from bud commercials but he is a good player nonetheless.

The media needs to get of TO’s balls because they sure as hell don’t have anything else to talk about. It would also be best that TO keep his mouth shut and let the arbitrator decide whether his contract with the Ravens is void. If I was a betting man I’d bet that TO’s contract gets voided and he gets deckared a free agent.

Scott 03-10-2004 08:36 PM

this is not a matter of people jumping all over TO, this is a matter of what the rules are, San Francisco did what any team would do and try to maximize compensation for any loss.

saden1 03-10-2004 08:38 PM

[QUOTE=Scott]This is exactly what is wrong with society. The fact of the matter is he missed a deadline. He has two options, be a man and show up and play under the contract he has (which the ravens have already stated they will re-do) or option two sit on his ass for the next two years.
There is absolutely nothing legitimate about his case. San Francisco owned his rights, traded them to Baltimore and now Baltimore owns his rights.[/QUOTE]

Horse shit. This was no ordinary mistake otherwise there wouldn't be so many players miss the deadline.

Scott 03-10-2004 09:07 PM

but you just said it, it was a mistake....guess what, adults should be held accountable for their mistakes.

DA Hogs 03-10-2004 09:14 PM

he and his agent missed the deadline ! PERIOD!!