Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Terrell Owens thinks he sat in the back of the bus (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=368)

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 03-10-2004 10:00 PM

Just when I thought TO couldn't be a bigger idiot, he proves me wrong.

TO and Rosa Parks? Good one.

SittingBull 03-10-2004 11:50 PM

Thats an insult to the civil rights movement in my book. TO should consider himself blessed and priveledged regardless of the outcome on Sunday with all the millions he's making.

skinsfanthru&thru 03-11-2004 01:30 AM

[QUOTE=saden1]Horse shit. This was no ordinary mistake otherwise there wouldn't be so many players miss the deadline.[/QUOTE]

I only heard of two players missing the deadline, TO and dennis northcutt of cleveland so I honestly don't know where anyone is getting this idea that tons of players weren't able to void their contract in time.

TO's agent screwed up plain and simple and the players association is even going to admit that in the hearing over the contract so this whole commotion is all for nothing. and referencing his situation to that of what Rosa Parks is idiotic. Yeah fighting to get paid a 10 or so million dollar bonus equals fighting for one's civil equality. Each time this guy opens his mouth he seems to get dumber and more arrogant but yet people still defend him, what's up with that?

and I like the reference to the "leon" character from the commercial but I think its the other way around and Leon looks like TO. I mean these commercials weren't made until he started saying stuff about his team last year.

I don't know what the heck I was thinking slightly hoping for the skins to try and get him. sometimes the talent just isn't worth the headaches and trouble.

Ghost 03-11-2004 03:11 AM

In all fairness, T.O. isn't really comparing himself to Rosa Parks, at least not in the quote I read. Sounds more like he's just paying homage to her, using her as a source of inspiration. But the bottom line is his agent dropped the ball and I'd fire him in a heartbeat if I were T.O., who also has to take a large share of the responsibility for the situation he's in. Why are people always so reluctant to do that? I think it's admirable to stand up and admit a mistake, be accountable rather than just bitch and moan and blame others. That's so weak.

Daseal 03-11-2004 07:05 AM

We're talking about a man's career. Do you want to stay in a dead end job because your agent (yeah, pretend) screwed up some paper work? I don't think so.

dieselhog 03-11-2004 09:58 AM

I don't recall Rosa Parks earning millions to play a game. This is as insulting as Sapp's 'slave' jibe last year. Absolute dog shit.

Although I do agree a mistake was made TO is being an asshole about it.

Skins fan 44 03-11-2004 10:21 AM

Poor TO I feel soo sorry for you. :rolleyes:

RedskinKnee 03-11-2004 03:54 PM

TO + AGENT = MORONS

nuff said...

SmootSmack 03-11-2004 03:56 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]We're talking about a man's career. Do you want to stay in a dead end job because your agent (yeah, pretend) screwed up some paper work? I don't think so.[/QUOTE]

Playing for the Ravens instead of the Eagles is a dead end job?

jsarno 03-11-2004 04:51 PM

this is such a joke. We all know how this is going to end because the rules / laws were laid out before him. He is now, and will be a Raven. If he doesn't like it then quit and go flip burgers. I like TO the player, but TO the person can kiss my ass. He is spitting in the Ravens face! He was traded FAIR AND SQUARE, and is still making more money than most of us COMBINED will make in a life time.

I bet rosa parks would have been more aware of that deadline had she been looking forward to it for a whole season!

johnnyredskin63 03-11-2004 04:53 PM

rosa parks,dr king,and millions of other unknown african americans of the sixties have more courage in their fingernails than terrell owens has in his whole body.he has,a huge house plenty of money and everything he wants.
if it were not for the brave people mentioned above,he would not have any of that now would he? :mad:
[IMG]http://www.thehogs.net/forum/images/avatars/gallery/admin/speek1.jpg[/IMG]

jsarno 03-11-2004 05:01 PM

rosa parks, dr. martin luther king etc would all accept the trade and realize that a mistake was made on their end of the stick. They would suck it up and work through it, not whine about it being unfair.

johnnyredskin63 03-11-2004 05:23 PM

[FONT=Century Gothic]well i'm nominating terrell owens as nfl a$$hole of the year.why anybody would want him on their team is beyond me.he's a great talent,but the way he carries himself makes his talents dissappears[/FONT].
[IMG]http://www.banzibaby.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Pics/18.gif[/IMG]

SittingBull 03-11-2004 05:50 PM

Im kind of hoping that the NFL allows him to sign a new contract so whatever team he goes to can add the requirement of wearing a muzzle for the whole season to it.

Daseal 03-11-2004 05:53 PM

In his eyes BMore is a dead end job. Who's going to throw it to him? At least McNabb has some sort of arm.

Just consider this blemish on TO's record to that of Martin Luther King being a plagerizer on his record. Both are nasty marks, but should be overlooked for the greater good of the person.