Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Debating with the enemy (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   U.S. Man Arrested for 'Hunting' Bin Laden (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=37023)

MTK 06-15-2010 10:43 AM

U.S. Man Arrested for 'Hunting' Bin Laden

Unless your name is Chuck Norris, what is someone doing trying to hunt down Bin Laden on their own?

[url=http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704009804575308440143301092.html?mod=fox_australian]U.S. Man Arrested for 'Hunting' Bin Laden - WSJ.com[/url]

over the mountain 06-15-2010 11:02 AM

Re: U.S. Man Arrested for 'Hunting' Bin Laden

YES im so glad you posted this. i read it this morning.

no red blooded american man cant say that they didnt atleast once dream of being the one to hunt osama down and kill his ass. i always envisioned myself hiding in wait inside of a crap hole of an outhouse waiting for osama to use it. then i reach up, grab his ass and pull him down into the shit, tie his ass up and march him to israel where i turn him over to the US embassy.

i always wondered why an american ex-marine type guy dying of cancer didnt try and do what this gentleman did. apparently this was this guys 7th trip to pakistan. he had kidney transplant. maybe he realized at 52 and with a kidney transplant, that there was a greater calling for him in his waning years of physicality.

i commend the man. i hope he gets all the oprah shows and hoopla that other people in the US are doing for attention like having 17 kids, heidi and spence etc.

MTK 06-15-2010 11:06 AM

Gotta say it:

lame.

firstdown 06-15-2010 11:07 AM

Well isn't there a pretty big ransom for Bin Laden rather he is dead or alive. I'm thinking its like 25 mil or something like that.

SmootSmack 06-15-2010 11:22 AM

[quote=Mattyk;706483]Gotta say it:

lame.[/quote]

Every response to his posts should now just be "lame"

mredskins 06-15-2010 11:28 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;706488]Every response to his posts should now just be "lame"[/quote]

Who are you talking about, OTM?

SmootSmack 06-15-2010 11:33 AM

[quote=mredskins;706490]Who are you talking about, OTM?[/quote]

yes, just messin' with him

Slingin Sammy 33 06-15-2010 11:34 AM

[quote=mredskins;706490]Who are you talking about, OTM?[/quote]
OTM put up a "lame" response in the Bowen interview thread.

over the mountain 06-15-2010 11:35 AM

lol. dang fellas.no need to be all sensitive. one lil non-positive comment and now im going to get followed around with this lame thing? dirt hit me with it yesterday. it was kinda funny.

i did email matt my question, doubt he will respond but if he does i WILL NOT post it. sorry it had to come to that fellas.

edit - hope you all know im just jokin. yeah i could have expressed my frustration better but i have the social restraint of a 4 year old with a water gun.

saden1 06-15-2010 11:36 AM

This is great, let the man hunt. I just hope he he doesn't accidentally shoot U.S. military personal before he gets gets to Osama. Or worse, get himself killed.

MTK 06-15-2010 11:42 AM

[quote=over the mountain;706494]lol. dang fellas.no need to be all sensitive. one lil non-positive comment and now im going to get followed around with this lame thing? dirt hit me with it yesterday. it was kinda funny.

i did email matt my question, doubt he will respond but if he does i WILL NOT post it. sorry it had to come to that fellas.[/quote]

So I guess you were saying 'lame' because your question didn't get answered? You could have expressed that disappointment in a better way.

And yes, it will follow you around. Lame indeed.

over the mountain 06-15-2010 11:45 AM

holy shit fellas. after posting in this thread i checked my email and low and frakin behold, the man responded. pretty sweet. i know i come off all lame in kissing his ass but hey, ill kiss a mans ass if he sacrifices his body for the skins.

[B]Craig,

Thanks for the e-mail and the comments

I do remember the play you were talking about. We were in Cover 1, and Steve ran a post route on Champ (who was playing outside leverage).

My only option at the time was to try and get the ball out, but give it to Steve--he held on and Carolina eventually stole that game for us. Don't have any time at all to think in that situation and you just let your instincts take over.

-Matt[/B]

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Craig < @yahoo.com> wrote:

On November 16th, 2003, you had 5 tackles, 1 interception and 1 forced fumble in a Redskins' 20 to 17 loss to the Carolina Panthers.

One of those tackles came with about 2 and half minutes to play in the 4th quarter, with the Redskins leading the game 17 to 13. Carolina and Jake Delhomme had the ball at our 37 yard line.

Delhomme threw a 30 yard completion to a then relatively unknown wide receiver named Steve Smith at our 7 yard line. On that play, you absolutely blasted Steve Smith as he was in the act of catching the ball. Somehow Steve Smith maintained possession, got up and did the "brush my shoulders off" move.

Do you remember that play?

Did you think your only hope of dislodging the ball from Smith was to blast him?

What went through your mind immediately after blasting Steve Smith but realizing he held onto the ball?

Knowing that you were coming off a concussion one week prior to that hit, if you had the chance to go back, would you have just wrapped up Smith and conceded the catch at our 7 yard line or would you do what you did, which was sacrifice your body to a train wreck collision knowing it was the only way to possibily jar the ball loose and negate the completion?

My brother and I are huge skins fans, we had always liked you but on that play you and Steve Smith instantly endeared yourselves to us. We actually work together as attorneys now and he just came into my office, saw I was writing an email to you (but not the subject content), he got a big smile on his face and started talking about the hit you put on Steve Smith. I didn't tell him I was writing to ask you about one of our more memorable redskins hits, I'll wait and hope to get a reply then shove it in his face.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. This is actually the thrid time I have tried to ask you this question over the internet but everytime my question wasnt selected so I figured I try the man himself.

Thank you for your time reading this and your dedication to the skins. I really hope you can replace Chip Hernandez or someone else involved in the DC Metro area sports coverage. Looks like your well on your way.

With Regards,

Craig

SmootSmack 06-15-2010 11:48 AM

Not so lame now is he?

mredskins 06-15-2010 11:49 AM

[quote=Mattyk;706498]So I guess you were saying 'lame' because your question didn't get answered? You could have expressed that disappointment in a better way.

And yes, it will follow you around. Lame indeed.[/quote]

I thought S10's "lame" in the Rolling Thunder thread was much more offensive.

MTK 06-15-2010 11:50 AM

[quote=mredskins;706501]I thought S10's "lame" in the Rolling Thunder thread was much more offensive.[/quote]

He at least clarified. OTM just dropped the lame bomb and didn't explain.

SmootSmack 06-15-2010 11:51 AM

Anyway, back to the original post...

over the mountain 06-15-2010 11:51 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;706500]Not so lame now is he?[/quote]

what does he mean by champ playing [B]outside leverage[/B]? champ was playing and covering the sideline (outside of steve smith) and if steve went/cut towards the inside of the numbers bowen would pick him up in coverage?

MTK 06-15-2010 11:52 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;706503]Anyway, back to the original post...[/quote]

Yes, let's talk about this lame guy and his lame attempt to hunt down Mr. Lame himself, Bin Laden. LOL

Ok I'm done now.

MTK 06-15-2010 11:53 AM

[quote=over the mountain;706504]what does he mean by champ playing [B]outside leverage[/B]? champ was playing and covering the sideline (outside of steve smith) and if steve went/cut towards the inside of the numbers bowen would pick him up in coverage?[/quote]

Yes, in fact by playing outside leverage Champ was trying to keep him inside

mooby 06-15-2010 05:45 PM

On the original subject of the thread, if I was a Pakistani official who found this guy trying to hunt Bin Laden I would've let him go and tried to give him info about where to look. It's obvious after almost 9 years of trying to hunt him since 9/11 that there's too much red tape involved with Pakistan trying to deny he's hiding around there, I feel like if you just gave a man a gun and gave him info about Bin Laden's last known whereabouts and said just stay quiet and go try and find him, we'd be a lot more successful at it. Good for him for trying to do it. And I'm pretty sure some people would think that's a naive way of trying to find him but it's not like any other approach has worked, Bin Laden can probably hid out on the Pakistani border for the rest of his life knowing Pakistan won't let us search there.

Trample the Elderly 06-15-2010 05:52 PM

Letter of marque. My hats off to you bra! You got some big balls.

SBXVII 06-15-2010 08:54 PM

Good for him. The military isn't getting the job done so might as well allow the citizens a chance to claim the bounty.

tryfuhl 06-16-2010 12:24 AM

I've got no issue with it.

mlmpetert 06-23-2010 09:27 AM

[url=http://gawker.com/5570281/sword+wielding-bin-laden-hunter-gary-faulkner-coming-home-free]Sword-Wielding Bin Laden Hunter Gary Faulkner Coming Home Free[/url]

Thank God, he'll be home in time for July 4th. He looks simular to what i was imagining too.

MTK 06-23-2010 09:30 AM

[quote=mlmpetert;708363][URL="http://gawker.com/5570281/sword+wielding-bin-laden-hunter-gary-faulkner-coming-home-free"]Sword-Wielding Bin Laden Hunter Gary Faulkner Coming Home Free[/URL]

Thank God, he'll be home in time for July 4th. He looks simular to what i was imagining too.[/quote]

I was picturing the unabomber too

joethiesmanfan 06-23-2010 10:02 AM

He been to Pakistan 7 times. Why isn't he on the no fly list by now?

firstdown 06-23-2010 12:42 PM

JTF thats a good question. Maybe he was questioned by the goverment and when hee said "I'm hunting down Bin L" they shrugged and let him go.

tryfuhl 06-23-2010 02:48 PM

you guys missed the pic in the first article?`