Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   US Open Starts Today (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=37061)

firstdown 06-17-2010 11:19 AM

US Open Starts Today

Who is everyone pulling for this week and who is your long shot to win?

[url=http://www.usopen.com/en_US/index.html]The Official Site of the U.S. Open Championship Conducted By The USGA[/url]

firstdown 06-17-2010 11:21 AM

Re: US Open Starts Today

As allways I'm picking my man Phil to win the Open and his second major of the year working on a grand slam.

KLHJ2 06-17-2010 11:31 AM

Umm the answer to both questions for me is Tiger Woods. He needs a a big win to stay relevant and he is definately a long shot to win with the way he has been playing lately.

firstdown 06-17-2010 11:50 AM

I would not call TW a long shot to win. David Duval of John Daly are long shots.

ArtMonkDrillz 06-17-2010 12:52 PM

How pissed are the golfers going to be when the vuvuzelas start showing up?

KLHJ2 06-18-2010 07:46 AM

Tiger is 2 over and tied for 49th and he is not a longshot? C'mon, on the other hand I cannot believe that Phil is 4 over.

firstdown 06-18-2010 10:34 AM

[quote=Angry;707246]Tiger is 2 over and tied for 49th and he is not a longshot? C'mon, on the other hand I cannot believe that Phil is 4 over.[/quote]

I saw some of Phils round today and he was just off on his entire game but 4 over is not out of it if he has a good day today. I also thought calling TW a long shot when he is ranked #1 in the world but he is also plus 3.

KLHJ2 06-18-2010 10:37 AM

[quote=firstdown;707282]I saw some of Phils round today and he was just off on his entire game but 4 over is not out of it if he has a good day today. I also thought calling TW a long shot when he is ranked #1 in the world but he is also plus 3.[/quote]

Golf takes too long to rank guys. By the time they remove him from the number 1 spot he will start winning again.

skinsfan_nn 06-18-2010 11:00 PM

[quote=firstdown;707089]I would not call TW a long shot to win. David Duval of John Daly are long shots.[/quote]

I would call woods a long shot to win this Open his game has been very inconsistent sense his return. I don't see him putting four solid rounds together at a major. And I think its great. Move over woods, it's LEFTY time.

LEFTY is getting ready to take over #1 in the world. I also like his chances to win his first OPEN, finally. Enough second place finishes and top 5's.

DD did finish second last year with LEFTY and Barnes at Bethpage, although that was a surprise to most.

I guess JD would be a very long shot as he didn't even qualify for the Open. Last time I checked you had to at least play to have any chance to win.

firstdown 06-21-2010 01:03 PM

[quote=skinsfan_nn;707466]I would call woods a long shot to win this Open his game has been very inconsistent sense his return. I don't see him putting four solid rounds together at a major. And I think its great. Move over woods, it's LEFTY time.

LEFTY is getting ready to take over #1 in the world. I also like his chances to win his first OPEN, finally. Enough second place finishes and top 5's.

DD did finish second last year with LEFTY and Barnes at Bethpage, although that was a surprise to most.

I guess JD would be a very long shot as he didn't even qualify for the Open. Last time I checked you had to at least play to have any chance to win.[/quote]

Its hard for me to reply to this after I now know the results but what your saying about TW just does not make sense. Leading up to the Masters Phil was not playing very good and if I'm correct he missed the cut the week before. TW is still the #1 and on any given week has plenty of game to win so he is never a long shot. I knew Daily was not playin I just used his name as an example of a long shot.