Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2010 Minicamp (non Haynesworth edition) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=37062)

CRedskinsRule 06-17-2010 02:26 PM

2010 Minicamp (non Haynesworth edition)

Sounds like a lot of good stuff happening for the "other" 70+ guys. I don't have any inside info, but I am hoping others on here might. I am just gonna link to this excellent DC Sports Bog article (positive and everything woohoo)

[url=http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/06/george_starke_on_bruce_allen_a.html]D.C. Sports Bog - George Starke on Bruce Allen and Vinny Cerrato[/url]

and say Things are looking better!

Please leave AH venting in the other thread! Thanks

skinsfan69 06-17-2010 02:31 PM

Re: 2010 Minicamp (non Haynesworth edition)

very interesting comments by starke. vinny simply never understood the history of the this organization. gotta give snyder credit for bringing in allen. he gets it.

CRedskinsRule 06-17-2010 02:37 PM

the twitter beat on the mini camp:
# RedskinsDotCom

Kicker Graham Gano was 1-of-2 on a pair of 52-yard FG attempts. He missed both 62-yard attempts, although second attempt his the crossbar. about 1 hour ago via web

* Retweet

# Redskins.com RedskinsDotCom

Defense ahead of offense? Justin Tryon broke up a sideline pass to Devin Thomas. Chris Horton broke up a sideline pass to Anthony Armstrong. about 1 hour ago via web

* Retweet

Best play from mini-camp practice: Donovan McNabb throws deep pass to Fred Davis for TD. Davis beat coverage by Chris Horton, Perry Riley. about 1 hour ago via web

* Retweet

Practice ended at 12:30...It's the last #Redskins practice until July 29 when team reconvenes for training camp. about 1 hour ago via web

CRedskinsRule 06-17-2010 02:43 PM

and another DC Sports Bog, about (hopefully) the real NT of the Skins!

[url=http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/06/maake_kemoeatu_wants_to_play_n.html]D.C. Sports Bog - Ma'ake Kemoeatu wants to play nose tackle[/url]
[QUOTE]So it turns out that not everyone in the world considers playing nose tackle in the 3-4 a fate worse than death-by-vuvuzela. Ma'ake Kemoeatu, the offseason acquisition who's been rehabbing an Achilles' injury, actually wants to be a space-filling behemoth, allowing linebackers behind him to make plays. Go figure.

Kemoeatu talked about his grandest football ambitions to Chad Dukes on 106.7 The Fan Wednesday afternoon, and he managed to do so without voicing a single complaint.

"My main job is just to make sure the linebackers can flow to the ball," he said. "If I can keep the offensive line off of 'Rak and Fletch, to let them run around and sack the quarterback and make all the tackles, man, that's what I want to do. That's what they brought me here for, and that's what I do for a defense. It'll be a lot of fun."

Huh? Fun? Without the glory? What the heck planet did this guy arrive from?

"If I was getting paid that much money, I'd play any position, put me wherever you want to put me," he said. "We were just talking about that in the locker room. I was like, 'If I were to win the lottery today and I get $100 million now, I would still be playing football.' I love the game. I grew up playing around it. And a lot of people was like, 'We're not doing it for the money, we're doing it for the love of the game.' "

Huh? Love?

"At the same time, we've got bills to take care of," Kemoeatu said. "But $100 million takes care of a lot of bills, you know? That's a lot of bills. I don't know how much bills you've got. [B]I know some fireworks went down today at the facility with Haynes not showing up[/B], I just hope that they get something worked out. If Haynesworth is with us this season, we'll be a great defense. I was looking forward to working with him. And if Haynesworth is not with us this season, we'll still be a great defense. You know, with or without Haynesworth, we're still rolling the ball and we're still gonna bang heads."

Someone needs a serious attitude adjustment. Dukes at one point asked Kemoeatu whether anyone in the locker room was lining up on Haynesworth's side vs. the front office.

"Um, no," the newcomer said. "I think the feeling I get out of everyone on the team is everyone's been sympathetic from last season all the way 'til now. I think if Haynes would have shown up [Wednesday], they would have forgive and forget. But I think when he didn't show up, it kind of pushed everybody over the edge to go in the direction that they're going right now."

In any case, Kemoeatu said he wants to get to around 345 or 350 pounds by the time the season starts, and he expects to be the starting nose tackle the way things are shaping up in this post-Haynesworth world.

"That's what it's looking like right now," he said. "Right now I'm training to get back in shape so when I check in training camp July 29, I'll be the starting nose tackle. That's what it's looking like right now."

By Dan Steinberg | June 17, 2010; 8:41 AM ET[/QUOTE]

Schneed10 06-17-2010 02:44 PM

I love to hear that. Sometimes to be a winner, you just need to be around other winners. They change your attitude and your outlook. Love it.

Plus, it makes me feel like I'm not just rooting for a uniform, this team actually has its own identity, celebrates its past, and works together to move forward.

SmootSmack 06-17-2010 02:49 PM

Great comments from Starke. I know I've brought it up before, but it always amazed me how many people in front office (even some coaching) positions around the NFL with ties to the Redskins aren't with the Redskins nor were ever really considered to be with the Redskins. I think that's also why some former players in the media tend to blast the Redskins. Not just that they take issue with what's going on, but that they had been shut out from even offering help. But that was all due to Vinny's controlling, jealous tendencies and that's in the past. It's a new day now

As for what's going on at minicamp. Haven't heard much, but here are a couple of things:

-Fred Davis and Lorenzo Alexander probably the two stars of minicamp so far
-Kevin Barnes struggling big time

JoeRedskin 06-17-2010 03:04 PM

Not pleased to hear that about Barnes. Was really pulling for him to step up. When he was picked in the 3rd round, there was talk of us getting a bargain b/c of his past injury. Since then, I can't remember when I have heard or seen anything about him to indicate he was living up to that potential.

JoeRedskin 06-17-2010 03:07 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;707126]Great comments from Starke. I know I've brought it up before, but it always amazed me how many people in front office (even some coaching) positions around the NFL with ties to the Redskins aren't with the Redskins nor were ever really considered to be with the Redskins. I think that's also why some former players in the media tend to blast the Redskins. Not just that they take issue with what's going on, but that they had been shut out from even offering help. [B]But that was all due to Vinny's controlling, jealous tendencies and that's in the past.[/B] It's a new day now[/quote]

Vinny was the definitional douche. Watching him talk made me wonder how anyone would trust him about anything. I still don't understand Snyder's loyalty to the guy. Soooooo glad he is gone.

Sorry for the mini thread jack - back to minicamp.

SmootSmack 06-17-2010 03:20 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;707132]Not pleased to hear that about Barnes. Was really pulling for him to step up. When he was picked in the 3rd round, there was talk of us getting a bargain b/c of his past injury. Since then, I can't remember when I have heard or seen anything about him to indicate he was living up to that potential.[/quote]

Yeah, all I keep hearing is "Thomas just torched Barnes on a deep route" "Moss just put a sick move on Barnes" "Kelly burned Barnes over the middle" and so on

Frustrating for sure. Hearing some positive things about Tryon so that's good

budw38 06-17-2010 03:56 PM

Nice read ... now if Allen can sign D. Green , A. Monk and a few of the hogs once again ....... :)

GridIron26 06-17-2010 04:00 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;707126]As for what's going on at minicamp. Haven't heard much, but here are a couple of things:

-Fred Davis and Lorenzo Alexander probably the two stars of minicamp so far
-Kevin Barnes struggling big time[/quote]

I'm kinda surprised to see that Alexander is playing well.. I guess he has some speed that we haven't seen yet.. If he success and becomes a great player - he definitely will be one of good Redskins stories..

I'm disappointed about Barnes, I had some hopes for him.. Hope he will grows later through out the season, though..

rbanerjee23 06-17-2010 04:55 PM

It can't be that the receivers are just good? :) Barnes has to be terrible.

Dirtbag59 06-17-2010 05:05 PM

[quote]Defense ahead of offense? Justin Tryon broke up a sideline pass to Devin Thomas. Chris Horton broke up a sideline pass to Anthony [B]Armstrong[/B]. about 1 hour ago via web[/quote]

This has to be a lie. No one breaks up a pass from Armstrong. I remember when he played line how he would bat loose balls 50 yards down field with his pinky.

GMScud 06-17-2010 05:33 PM

Reading those comments from Starke really warmed my heart. The thing I love most about the Redskins is the rich tradition. I'm so glad Bruce Allen is embracing that. We'll be a better team and better organization because of it. What a shithead Vinny was.

Hail to the Redskins. Man I can't wait for this season.

Defensewins 06-17-2010 05:41 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;707132]Not pleased to hear that about Barnes. Was really pulling for him to step up. [B]When he was picked in the 3rd round, there was talk of us getting a bargain [/B]b/c of his past injury. Since then, I can't remember when I have heard or seen anything about him to indicate he was living up to that potential.[/quote]

Isn't that true of every Vinny pick that has not panned out?