Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Disney World??? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=37084)

Redskins8588 06-18-2010 10:17 PM

Disney World???

I am planning on taking my family to Disney World sometime within the next 12 months, I have been there back in 1991 when I was 12. So I am sure that somethings have changed. Anyhow I am just looking to see if anyone has any tips for a guy planning to take his 3 children and wife...

Any suggestions are welcomed...

WaldSkins 06-18-2010 10:23 PM

Re: Disney World???

just go to Knoebels! Free parking and free entry...

FRPLG 06-18-2010 11:15 PM

There are endless tips. Check message boards...they are a treasure trove.

[url=http://www.disboards.com]The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - Powered by vBulletin[/url]
[url=http://www.mouseplanet.com]Home Page of MousePlanet.com, your resource for all things Disney[/url]
[url=http://www.allears.net]Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World[/url]

That's just afew of the bigger ones.

dmek25 06-19-2010 06:42 AM

by the disney book. and have a plan

Redskins8588 06-19-2010 10:18 AM

[quote=dmek25;707468]by the disney book. and have a plan[/quote]

Please tell me more about this Disney book, would I find it on amazon?

Monkeydad 06-21-2010 09:37 AM

[quote=WaldSkins;707461]just go to Knoebels! Free parking and free entry...[/quote]

Haha...no man, Dutch Wonderland is where it's at.

dmek25 06-21-2010 01:42 PM

yes, you can find it on amazon. it covers every detail of the park. along with times, and suggestions on when to visit certain parts of the park. before going, set up a plan, along with times, on when you want to visit the different themes of the park. stick to your agenda, and you will accomplish a lot. how long are you going? there is just sooo much to do. if you don't have a plan, your screwed

Trample the Elderly 06-21-2010 01:45 PM

I haven't been since I was a child. I remember around Abcot center had the best food.

FRPLG 06-21-2010 01:49 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;707883]I haven't been since I was a child. I remember around Abcot center had the best food.[/quote]

I always thought Trample and First might be related...Abcot?!?!...that kills me.

CRedskinsRule 06-21-2010 02:00 PM

[quote=Redskins8588;707460]I am planning on taking my family to Disney World sometime within the next 12 months, I have been there back in 1991 when I was 12. So I am sure that somethings have changed. Anyhow I am just looking to see if anyone has any tips for a guy planning to take his 3 children and wife...

Any suggestions are welcomed...[/quote]

I went with my 3kids last year. The breakfast at the castle is an excellent event if you have a girl or 2 or 3 (i have one). All or nearly all the Disney princesses walk thru the castle and come to each table. They sign autograph books, and my girl got to see her favorite. She is basically over disney princesses but it still made her eyes light up. Also, be prepared for LONG days, especially if you aren't staying on property. The closing parade is an excellent show. We went on the 4th of July and the fireworks over the castle, also excellent.

Read the books, and get an understanding of FastPass, and if possible make a plan for the rides you really want to get to. My girl and I got to ride the water floom, which had a 90-100 minute wait, 3 times in an hour by creative fast pass and good fortune.

Finally, pick a ride for each kid, and go on it, just you and the child, in a good seat for pictures and get the ride photo. I have one of me with each of my kids and they have the same photo in the Disney frame for the ride. I hope it's a memory we will each share for a lifetime. (I know I will treasure each one, I hope they will!) My oldest son and I rode the Matterhorn, my daughter and I did the Briar Patch water floom, and my 2nd son and I did the lazy river.

Trample the Elderly 06-21-2010 02:20 PM

[quote=FRPLG;707884]I always thought Trample and First might be related...Abcot?!?!...that kills me.[/quote]

Like I said, I haven't been there in a long time. I was also too lazy to look it up. He knows what I mean. Epcot / Apple-cot ehh whatever! Just remember that they have the best food over there.

mredskins 06-21-2010 02:22 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;707890][B]Like I said, I haven't been there in a long time.[/B] I was also too lazy to look it up. He knows what I mean. Epcot / Apple-cot ehh whatever! Just remember that they have the best food over there.[/quote]

So does that mean you spell sex "esx" because you have not done that either in a long time, LOL!

firstdown 06-21-2010 02:29 PM

I took my daughter around 15 yrs ago and we went between thanks given and Christmas and the place was not very crowded. The longest we ever waited in line was under 5 min. and there was several times we could just stay on a ride and ride it again. We went on Space Mountain 100 as thee was no line and we wanted to hit the 100 mark. I also recommend if this is a one time deal wait until all the children are tall enough to ride the rides.

GMScud 06-21-2010 02:51 PM

If you're going in the middle of the summer, be prepared for hot ass weather, crowds, and long lines. My wife grew up in Windermere, just 10 minutes or so from downtown Disney, so I'm very familiar. I'm sure it's a dream for a little kids, but that place is a total shitshow in the middle of the summer. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just shooting you straight.

City Walk is a fun area for you guys to get a bite to eat. Grab a cocktail at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. The roller coasters at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure are sick. Spider-Man and the Incredible Hulk were my favorites.

We always went in late winter/early spring when the heat wasn't brutal and the lines were very small, but I know that's not an option for people with kids in school.

Hog1 06-21-2010 03:19 PM

GM is correct. SUmmer is Way hot and rains daily if you are in the tropical months. Go November to April if possible. Guarantee of great weather. Long lines do doubt, but Disney does everything right. Check out the "Fast Pass" and naturally you will get a package deal of some kind with your adnission tickets included...better pricing. Stay ON Disney property. It's not the same if you have to commute daily to D-world. You'll have a blast!