Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   What do you eat for lunch? (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/37136-what-do-you-eat-for-lunch.html)

jdlea 06-24-2010 12:51 PM

What do you eat for lunch?

We ask lots of random questions here, just figured we could add this one to the list.

Basically, during your workday, what do you eat for lunch? Do you pack your lunch or go out? That kinda thing.

I usually just have a sandwich, some yogurt and some chips. Occasionally I bring leftovers, but I think eat more Soy Yogurt than anything else. Sometimes instead of chips I go with a piece of fruit.

dmek25 06-24-2010 12:59 PM

Re: What do you eat for lunch?

ham and cheese sand
party mix
peanut butter crackers
and a chocolate chip cookie
and apple sauce

ArtMonkDrillz 06-24-2010 01:03 PM

I usually bring a pretty boring lunch. It rarely changes but sometime I do bring in leftovers.
Turkey and cheese sandwich
pretzels
apple
granola bar
soda

I am livin' the dream!

Trample the Elderly 06-24-2010 01:11 PM

I've been eating veges from my garden but I think my body's gotten tired of being healthy 24/7. Yesterday I got sick, so I went to McDonalds. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

jdlea 06-24-2010 01:14 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;708711]I've been eating veges from my garden but I think my body's gotten tired of being healthy 24/7. Yesterday I got sick, so I went to McDonalds. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.[/quote]

LOL, I was secretly hoping you would say, "The Elderly"

Schneed10 06-24-2010 01:18 PM

I change it up a lot. Hit up the cafeteria here at work, which is actually pretty good.

Sometimes salad, sometimes a sandwich, once in a while pizza, whatever I'm in the mood for.

johno 06-24-2010 01:28 PM

if there are left overs around the house, i try to bring those. otherwise its a sandwich (pb/j or tuna), baked chips, apple. pretty boring.

mredskins 06-24-2010 01:32 PM

I guess this thread is broken.

[url]http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/28047-whats-for-lunch.html[/url]

mlmpetert 06-24-2010 01:38 PM

Besides occasionally going out, I ate nothing but ramen noodles and soup for about 3 years straight, which I later found out is full of sodium. We got a magic bullet about a year ago and so for the last year ive been drinking protein shakes. Everyone gives me grief about eating the exact same thing 3-4 days a week every week but I canít eat too big of a lunch or I lose all ability to focus.

Mattyk 06-24-2010 01:39 PM

Lately I've been hooked on the fajita bowl from Chipotle. I rotate that with a couple of tasty sushi spots. Once in a while I mix in some Subway. I rarely bring a lunch. I need to get the F outta the office when I have the chance.

jdlea 06-24-2010 01:42 PM

[quote=mredskins;708724]I guess this thread is broken.

[url]http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/28047-whats-for-lunch.html[/url][/quote]

Lol, I guess that's what I get for not searching.

hooskins 06-24-2010 01:48 PM

Mine varies day to day. Right now I am on client-site in Houston, and we found this good sandwich place right down the street with a smoking hot waitress.

Unfortunately has the ring on the finger...

SmootSmack 06-24-2010 01:49 PM

I try to bring a lunch as often as possible (usually leftovers, some fruit, and dessert of some sort). Every now and then I'll buy lunch. Friday is sushi day here, and it's actually pretty good. It's expensive of course, but every now and then I'll splurge.

But I used to buy lunch all the time, and once I cut back my wallet got fatter and my stomach got thinner

mredskins 06-24-2010 01:54 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;708734]I try to bring a lunch as often as possible (usually leftovers, some fruit, and dessert of some sort). Every now and then I'll buy lunch. Friday is sushi day here, and it's actually pretty good. It's expensive of course, but every now and then I'll splurge.

[B]But I used to buy lunch all the time, and once I cut back my wallet got fatter and my stomach got thinner[/B][/quote]

Amen! Fridays only for me eating out and sometimes I even skip that if I know the fam is going to eat out Friday night.

KLHJ2 06-24-2010 02:08 PM

Recently my wife has been making me bring leftovers which I leave in the office fridge while I go hit up the cafeteria for a burger or cheesesteak.