Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Down time things to talk/think about. (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/37237-down-time-things-talk-think-about.html)

NYCskinfan82 07-06-2010 06:22 PM

Down time things to talk/think about.

[url=http://riggosrag.com/2010/07/05/former-scout-thinks-skins-will-win-the-east/]Former scout thinks Skins will win the East | Riggo's Rag | A Washington Redskins Blog[/url]

I can't wait for the opening of Training Camp but in the meantime I found this article on the net. What do you think? Please add other articles to it to keep the convo going.

chewman 07-06-2010 07:58 PM

Re: Down time things to talk/think about.

I hope he is right. If we can stay healthy and either trade for a receiver or one of our receivers step up, i think we can be a very good team.

artmonkforhallofamein07 07-06-2010 09:40 PM

I can't open the article via cell phone, but without reading it i ask why the hell not? And for all the naysayers and pessimists I just want to say the offseason is for hopes and dreams of this finally being the year. Rome wasn't built in a day, but why the hell cant we dream big after 6 months of coaching changes, a new front office, and a 50-45% roster turnover rate. We pieces in place, but do we have enough.

dmek25 07-07-2010 09:34 AM

god, i cant wait for the season to start...

Lotus 07-07-2010 09:42 AM

It is nice to read positive articles about us, for a change.

Mattyk 07-07-2010 10:07 AM

First it was the best OL, now winning the division, what's next someone picking us to win the Super Bowl?!

artmonkforhallofamein07 07-07-2010 10:17 AM

:) ohhhh yeahhhh! Pass the koolaid

davy 07-07-2010 10:18 AM

B.S. headline.

"I think they’re going to challenge for the NFC East title next year."

"I think they’re going to be relevant and challenge for the NFC East title."

Big difference.

GridIron26 07-07-2010 11:07 AM

Seriously, some people need to cool down and not get into it too much.. Or otherwise they would be VERY upset and do something stupid if things doesn't go well for us this season.. I guess that's what we get for being Redskins (or NFL) hardcore fans..

CRedskinsRule 07-07-2010 11:39 AM

[quote=GridIron26;710958]Seriously, some people need to cool down and not get into it too much..[B] Or otherwise they would be VERY upset and do something stupid if things doesn't go well for us this season[/B].. I guess that's what we get for being Redskins (or NFL) hardcore fans..[/quote]

Don't worry, I have my Kapipal account all set up, and I will get in touch with mlmdub about using his sign if we do anything less than 5-1 out the gate!

freddyg12 07-07-2010 11:42 AM

Every year there's a trendy (or as some would say "sexy" but I hate the use of such a word in football) pick in preseason from some of the media. For years it was Arizona, then they finally got somewhere.

I recall someone on nfl live saying that the Skins would be the surprise team of the nfc. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next month or so as predictions start rolling out that some will have us as that sleeper team. I would prefer that didn't happen, would rather we "sneak up" on teams. But w/Shanahan in charge there's quite a track record to look to, and his name alone brings some attention to the team. So I don't know that we could surprise teams much anyway.

I'm still thinking 8-8 at best, if for no other reason I've learned to lower my expectations. Or maybe I'm just "staying medium" for now.

CRedskinsRule 07-07-2010 11:52 AM

Well, on Sirius a while ago they looked at which team was most likely to be this year's worst to first, and we were consistently mentioned. I doubt any NFC East team will be sneaking up on any one this year. They all bring too much to the table, and yes, I include the Skins in that this year.

ArtMonkDrillz 07-07-2010 12:15 PM

[quote=Mattyk;710948]First it was the best OL, now winning the division, what's next someone picking us to win the Super Bowl?![/quote]Is Joe Theismann still working for the NFL Network?

CrazyCanuck 07-07-2010 12:31 PM

[quote=Mattyk;710948]First it was the best OL, now winning the division, what's next someone picking us to win the Super Bowl?![/quote]

Seriously... let's get to 8 wins for starters...