Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   what are your ocd tendencies? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=37278)

saden1 07-13-2010 01:11 PM

Re: what are your ocd tendencies?

[quote=Trample the Elderly;712114]WTF?

Is this what y'all are talking about?

[url=http://www.bing.com/health/article/medlineplus-1000239918/ObsessiveCompulsive-Disorder?q=compulsive+personality+disorder]compulsive personality disorder - Bing Health[/url]

[B]Is everyone crazy these days or is it just me?[/B][/quote]

LOL...thanks for the laugh.

SmootSmack 07-13-2010 01:15 PM

[quote=GMScud;712132]Haha. Well, I'm not as bad as it seems. Really it comes down to two questions for me before I go to sleep: Is my home clean, and am I prepared for tomorrow?

If the answer to both isn't yes, I do stuff before I go to bed.[/quote]

Pain of discipline, or pain of regret. Eh Scud? :)

jdlea 07-13-2010 01:27 PM

I really don't like to put socks back on if I've taken them off.

I pretty much only set my volume in my car to even numbers or multiples of 5 (generally the latter).

Schneed10 07-13-2010 01:33 PM

[quote=GMScud;712142]That's funny, when this thread popped up last night, I would have thought you would be one of most OCD people on here.

A buddy of mine with kids told me that my cleanliness issues will die really fast once my wife and I have some little ones.

Oh yeah, I forgot the bed. First thing I do when I get up is make the bed. An unmade bed can make an otherwise clean bedroom look a total mess.[/quote]

For me, I somehow got the 'efficiency' gene. Everything I do, I think about what's most efficient for me. So it goes: I could spend 10 minutes organizing my desk, would I get that 10 minutes back in time saved before my desk became disorganized again? If the answer is no, then I don't organize it. And usually the answer is no because I generally know where everything is.

Drives my wife nuts because our discussions usually go something like this:

Wife: Let's go to the pool and then on the way home let's pick up the tools we needed at Home Depot.

Me: It's better if we go to Home Depot first and then the pool, because the kids will be wet and tired after the pool and they won't feel like going into the store. Besides the baby will probably be asleep and we'll want to put her right down for a nap when we get home. And you know how we all hate walking around in wet bathing suits. And the kids will tolerate the Home Depot better because they'll be looking forward to the pool the whole time. As opposed to if they go to the pool first they'll have no interest in Home Depot. So let's go to Home Depot first.

Wife: Fine whatever, mister my way or the highway.

GMScud 07-13-2010 01:34 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;712154]Pain of discipline, or pain of regret. Eh Scud? :)[/quote]

Ha no doubt SS. That phrase has been on a banner in the Gator locker room ever since Urban took over. I love it. And resemble it. :)

Schneed10 07-13-2010 01:34 PM

[quote=jdlea;712156]I really don't like to put socks back on if I've taken them off.

I pretty much only set my volume in my car to even numbers or multiples of 5 (generally the latter).[/quote]

My wife eats things like M&Ms or carrots in pairs. She can't eat an even number.

KLHJ2 07-13-2010 02:54 PM

Almost forgot, my kids have to type my Birthday/Fathers day/ Christmas cards for me. Yep, they break out the old typewriter insert the card and type their message. I hate trying to read sloppy handwriting. Then they sign them with their signature ink stamps with their names on them in perfect cursive.

JK I just made that up.

firstdown 07-13-2010 04:59 PM

[quote=Schneed10;712160]My wife eats things like M&Ms or carrots in pairs. She can't eat an even number.[/quote]

I thought a pair was an even number. How many pairs does she have to eat to make it not an even number?

12thMan 07-13-2010 05:42 PM

I pick my nose a lot.

No seriously, besides picking my nose a lot, I have to put shoe trees in my shoes almost immediately after taking them off. I hate to see them all crumpled up and sweaty in the corner somewhere. And they have to be neatly put away somewhere. Not necessarily with other shoes, but just together and out of the way. And I hate for the soles to be facing up or for one shoe to be laying on it's side. Weird, right?

When cooking breakfast I cook my bacon, eggs, and toast in the same order everytime. It's like a timer goes off in my head when to put the toast on.

12thMan 07-13-2010 05:44 PM

Oh, here's a weird one.

So when I was a kid I used to wear an extra pair of gym shorts under my pants to make me look fatter, because I was so skinny. So yeah, all these years later I still wear a pair of gym shorts under my pants or whatever I'm wearing. Every single day.

Not the same pair I used to wear as a kid of course.

12thMan 07-13-2010 05:53 PM

Sorry...trying to run up my post count today.

As far as watching football goes, I hate watching Redskins games with other people. Even if they are Redskins fans. Mofos just don't know when to shut up when the Skins are playing.

saden1 07-13-2010 06:13 PM

[quote=12thMan;712212]Oh, here's a weird one.

So when I was a kid I used to wear an extra pair of gym shorts under my pants to make me look fatter, because I was so skinny. So yeah, all these years later [B]I still wear a pair of gym shorts under my pants or whatever I'm wearing. Every single day. [/B]

Not the same pair I used to wear as a kid of course.[/quote]

I think we may have a winner. Maybe you're subconsciously getting yourself ready every day in the event that you have to exercise or save a drowning person?

mlmdub130 07-13-2010 06:30 PM

[quote=Schneed10;712160]My wife eats things like M&Ms or carrots in pairs. She can't eat an even number.[/quote]

i'm with fd i thought pairs were even, i thought you were the numbers guy. multiple carrots egh?:silly:

12thMan 07-13-2010 06:30 PM

[quote=saden1;712216]I think we may have a winner. Maybe you're subconsciously getting yourself ready every day in the event that you have to exercise or save a drowning person?[/quote]

Remember the kid from Charlie Brown that carried the blanket everywhere?

It's so funny because I could be wearing a nice suit and people have no idea that I'm wearing a pair of stinking shorts underneath.

TheMalcolmConnection 07-13-2010 07:35 PM

[quote=12thMan;712212]Oh, here's a weird one.

So when I was a kid I used to wear an extra pair of gym shorts under my pants to make me look fatter, because I was so skinny. So yeah, all these years later I still wear a pair of gym shorts under my pants or whatever I'm wearing. Every single day.

Not the same pair I used to wear as a kid of course.[/quote]

[IMG]http://www.stylecaster.com/files/size/486x/news/79417.jpg[/IMG]

Like this? Are you a Never-Nude?