Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Boots on the Ground; A Football Team Returns to Redskins Park (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=37382)

MTK 07-21-2010 01:58 PM

Boots on the Ground; A Football Team Returns to Redskins Park

Excellent read. For those that are still doubting whether "true change" has taken place within the organization, please read

[url=http://www.hogshaven.com/2010/7/21/1580048/boots-on-the-ground-a-football]Boots on the Ground; A Football Team Returns to Redskins Park - Hogs Haven[/url]

GMScud 07-21-2010 02:07 PM

Re: Boots on the Ground; A Football Team Returns to Redskins Park

Boots on the ground? Pants on the ground!! LOL. Sorry I had to.

Good read.

Trample the Elderly 07-21-2010 02:20 PM

I don't usually say this, but I am actually looking forward to watching television again. Now I've got to find a place to watch the games.

Monkeydad 07-21-2010 02:35 PM

Good read, but how long ago was it actually written? It mentions Mike Williams playing.

I'm always optimistic going into the season, but this year, I'm downright excited. I think the suffering might finally, legitimately be over after a decade.

Trample the Elderly 07-21-2010 02:37 PM

What I liked is the fact that TW is starting right away, or at least being thrown in the fire. I'm tired of hearing over these past years that we need to give a OT or OG time to "develop". Naw! Screw that! Let em earn their pay check.

NYCskinfan82 07-21-2010 03:30 PM

Good read definitely gets you pumped for the start of Traing Camp/Season. I hate it when they write these peices so far in advance and don't update them. Hello we follow this team that guy is nolonger playing or someone as been added to the roster.

HTTR.

Paintrain 07-21-2010 03:36 PM

[quote=Buster;713432]Good read, but how long ago was it actually written? It mentions Mike Williams playing.

I'm always optimistic going into the season, but this year, I'm downright excited. I think the suffering might finally, legitimately be over after a decade.[/quote]

and maybe I missed it but I didn't see any references to Jammal Brown.. I'm reading all of the preseason mags now and I wish they were written after the Brown trade so I wouldn't have to keep seeing Hicks or Heyer factored in to the starting RT equation.

SmootSmack 07-21-2010 03:38 PM

Written in early June, still a good read though

mooby 07-21-2010 05:16 PM

Yeah it even mentions it in the article that this was written for a magazine piece a while back but didn't make the cut hence why it was posted online. And it was clearly written before the J. Brown trade and BMW was lost for the year. All that means though is you don't have to put too much stock into the part about moving o-line pieces around.

Great read though, and it definitely eases some of my concerns.

skinsfan69 07-21-2010 05:58 PM

Nice to see Snyder has really stepped out of the way. I think he realized that the fans were really starting to turn on him so he did the right thing..which was bring in some professionals, fire his butt buddy and get out of the way.

rbanerjee23 07-21-2010 07:10 PM

Excellent, if a little dated, read. Man, I hope the Skins perform this season and for the next few seasons as well, not only because I want them to do well but b/c hopefully the lesson will stick for Snyder that if he lets football people run the team, the Redskins will return to their rightful place as contenders.

Gmanc711 07-21-2010 08:11 PM

Great read... I'm really trying to tamper my expectations for the year, because I'm so excited... but this lets me know that we're gonna be on the right track soon. No more up and down, we'll at least be a football team, like the article said.

SirClintonPortis 07-22-2010 12:03 AM

I think we can squeeze out two wins due to discipline alone, since a couple games were lost last year simply due to some WTF moments that could be attributed to a lack of discipline.

backrow 07-22-2010 07:07 AM

[quote=mooby;713489]Yeah it even mentions it in the article that this was written for a magazine piece a while back but didn't make the cut hence why it was posted online. And it was clearly [B]written before the J. Brown trade [/B]and BMW was lost for the year. All that means though is you don't have to put too much stock into the part about moving o-line pieces around.

Great read though, and it definitely eases some of my concerns.[/quote]

And before we traded the same pick away twice! All depending on how Number a2&a3 does!

KLHJ2 07-22-2010 08:12 AM

[quote=Buster;713432]Good read, but how long ago was it actually written? It mentions Mike Williams playing.

I'm always optimistic going into the season, but this year, I'm downright excited. I think the suffering might finally, legitimately be over after a decade.[/quote]

Only one decade? I'd say 2.